Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
  • Lord’s last month has seen him average over 22 disposals as well as six tackles per game, while also registering just shy of four clearances
  • Is super eager and highly coachable
  • Has an 18 month contract
  • Balances contested work with ability to spread
  • A “competitor” who’s “always after the ball and man"

Hoyne believes that opposition teams are wising up to what Michael Voss is scheming with Cincotta and wonders if the Blues need to revisit what’s best.
Absolutely. I love Cincotta, but we cannot be seduced by having an effective tagger. While he is tagging, one less player is operating offensively (first). Our “one wood” is our clearance dominance when “up”. There is a time and place for Cinc, he can also still play medium defender.

There is a time to tag, but we shouldn’t be identifying a tag every week.

Absolutely. I love Cincotta, but we cannot be seduced by having an effective tagger. While he is tagging, one less player is operating offensively (first). Our “one wood” is our clearance dominance when “up”. There is a time and place for Cinc, he can also still play medium defender.

That said, I would put him on Shezel this week!

Or, as others have said, play him in the midfield with instructions to hunt the ball and use his speed and toughness, rather than playing a negating role.

I think his best spot is as a defensive forward on a rebounding defender. He's shown he can kick goals while also shutting down his opponent. Every team in the afl has a player that fits that profile, so he should be in the team unless he's in bad form. I would only put him onto a midfielder if someone is getting off the chain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Lord’s last month has seen him average over 22 disposals as well as six tackles per game, while also registering just shy of four clearances
  • Is super eager and highly coachable
  • Has an 18 month contract
  • Balances contested work with ability to spread
  • A “competitor” who’s “always after the ball and man"
Looks great - like the way he moves in traffic & looks tidy by foot.

Can’t wait to see how he progresses with a pre-season under his belt

Mike Fitzpatrick was excellent on the Front Bar. Dry humour, plenty of Rhodes scholar humour. Clearly loves the blues and despite what Sam Pang thinks, not of Chinese heritage.

So weird you and others thought that.
I found it incredibly uncomfortable viewing with someone who takes themselves very seriously indeed.🤣
Different strokes eh!😊

Am I being accused of something? 😂 I just posted a link. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back