Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Martin plays, Moir doesn't play. The problem with both is Moir has a 2 qtr tank and Martin is made of glass.
Huge risk in a final. I just think you back the incumbent
I’ll take the 2 quarter thanks. Considering Martin hasn’t been able to properly run for months I’d suspect he’s not even a quarter fit himself.

Very winnable game IMO

Of course names like McKay Charlie McGovern will come back in

The questions I have are around effort and game style. Our effort over last 2 weeks has been awesome.everyone worked hard. The energy of the younger players was impressive. As good as any we have seen this year. My question is why now as it’s been an issue all year?

Game style. With Charlie & McKay back will we become more stagnant and bomb it long again? I hope not

We get excited by names but I saw so much good in last two weeks. I just hope they all buy into it and coaches don’t change our game style

Selection Kemp, Young and Durdin have to come out at a min.
Tom Cruise What GIF

12 times this year Brisbane have kicked more points than goals.

If they're inaccurate again, that'll go a long way to helping us out.
Inaccurate teams seem to have a knack of becoming dead eye dicks against us tho

Young is great without the ball...

With it he unfortunately becomes like an elephant on roller skates that's also being chased by a mouse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sticking with Fantasia over Williams because I'm concerned Zac doesn't get through the game and also their output is pretty similar around 10 disposal, 1 goal so it's marginal
Look at how different their heat maps are. Their output is very different.
I’m one of his bigger supporters but I can see kemp getting dropped. We look better with Lewis next to weiters and I can see them picking Martin. Starts to look unbalanced with kemp as well
Third tall is what we've been missing all year in the forward line. We either have Charlie too deep and Harry taking the mark 80 out or Charlie and Harry both double teamed because there's no other threat. The third brings perfect balance because he's just as fast/ faster than all the smalls too. Tackles better than all of them. Is cleaner off the ground than all of them (lol owies).
If TDK is fit we’ll have to play both, no way Tom could play anywhere near a full game after being out for 7 weeks

But if TDK is over his injuries then he has to play, no ressies to get form and fitness

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If tdk is fit then he can play a full game. Otherwise he's not fit. Simple. Don't carry both thanks.

The Big O monstered both our rucks in the Prelim and was a big factor in them winning. Need to play both if fit at this stage. Not good news for Kemp.
Sooo... Weaken the rest of the field to have both rucks monstered again? Yep. Thats smart.

If the rucks are both fit you pick TDK and and keep your rotations stronger. They over ran us last time... Let's maybe not set up just to do exactly that again because big O won a few hitouts.

12 times this year Brisbane have kicked more points than goals.

If they're inaccurate again, that'll go a long way to helping us out.
Agree. But I have a terrible feeling that the lions will be uncannily accurate on the night - and so will we have to be to defeat them.

If I recall correctly it was Dunkley that turned the game in the prelim … think someone needs to go to him for sure
He was o.k. on Cripps who was pretty banged up. The ones that cut us up offensively were Coleman and McKenna from half back and the Big O had a picnic. We let Harris Andrews get off the chain as well.

Lions won’t say this but of all the teams to play first up I’d say we’d be ones they don’t want to.

They’d have the majority of the teams covered.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think they'd much rather us than the Dogs/Hawks.

We've had reasons but our form has been patchy at best.

If I recall correctly it was Dunkley that turned the game in the prelim … think someone needs to go to him for sure

Dunkley is a better player than Neale. He does more of the heavy lifting and the unnoticed work whilst Neale stat pads more and gets the plaudits. It’s more about our setup at stoppages. We tend to start defensive side and run forward which looks amazing when we pull it off as we burst out of stoppage but it exposes us badly if we don’t get first hands on the ball and it makes us look even slower going back the other way chasing tail. I think our midfield goes head to head as none of their mids have speed just like ours. Our better play is to nullify their creativity off half back (e.g., Zorko) and try to stop that crisp link up work they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back