Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has played every game this year too I think?

Big priority for next year has to be finding a way of getting him some rest in the back half of the season. Tough considering we still apparently need him to carry us most weeks.
He was wearing a mattress this time last year to protect his ribs? Seems to be in sparkling nick this year (fingers crossed). Dunkley will come to him again, will be a much harder task for Dunkley this year.

We to need yo stop their run from half back though, Zorko is playing the Coleman role. Would have no objection to us playing a purely defensive stopping half forward on him. Not sure who fits the bill though.

We just need to tell Lewy Young not to kick the ball ala Prestigiacomo.

Because I thought he spoilt and marked well. His kicking, though, is Auskick stuff.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How about telling the other players not to kick it to him if there is a viable alternative. FMD using him on the switch is just idiotic!

I think they'd much rather us than the Dogs/Hawks.

We've had reasons but our form has been patchy at best.
Best thing about our recent form is that Brisbane with all their arrogance may consider us easy beats. Let Joe take it easy, Fuax Nadal think he'll get 5 goals on Young, Cameron think he'll have a field day and Neale think he'll just have to do his thing and that'll be enough.

It's now a fresh season, we just need to string 4 games together! We've done 2x5+ straight wins so far this season, we are capable if we're fresh enough and mentally there.

If Martin plays, Moir doesn't play. The problem with both is Moir has a 2 qtr tank and Martin is made of glass.
Huge risk in a final. I just think you back the incumbent
A lot depends if we try the two ruck option - hopefully not!

Again, Martin needs to prove he's fit....

If he can, why can't Moir play too as the sub?

He was wearing a mattress this time last year to protect his ribs? Seems to be in sparkling nick this year (fingers crossed). Dunkley will come to him again, will be a much harder task for Dunkley this year.

We to need yo stop their run from half back though, Zorko is playing the Coleman role. Would have no objection to us playing a purely defensive stopping half forward on him. Not sure who fits the bill though.
Cinc?

As near useless Young is with ball in hand he’s clearly the best option we have for a 2nd KPD.

Other than the occasional outmuscle he’s fairly effective in aerial contests.

Exactly. Breaks even quite often even against the gun forwards. Problem is he absolutely shights himself with ball in hand. It really is a confidence thing but does not look like improving in the near future.

Exactly. Breaks even quite often even against the gun forwards. Problem is he absolutely shights himself with ball in hand. It really is a confidence thing but does not look like improving in the near future.
Young really is a good kid, definitely a confidence thing. This is where we need to do a Goldberg goalie thing and tie him up to a goal post and boot a few hundred footys at him to get his confidence up. Else if he was at Collingwood they would've got him a tatt instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs had a similar run in '16.

Finished 7th, travelled to Perth and beat WCE (6th)
Beat Hawks @ the G (3rd)
Travelled to Sydney & beat GWS (4th)
Beat Swans in GF.

Admittedly, Dogs were a far better side than us (what we've shown this year) and had a better run leading into finals, but the exact same thing is still guaranteed to happen to us I would suggest.
There is a lot of similarity, especially with horrendous injury run. We might be getting guys back though whereas they continued to lose them. Don't agree they were a better team than us though, when we have not been cruelled by injuries we've been great except the Swans game.

A lot depends if we try the two ruck option - hopefully not!

Again, Martin needs to prove he's fit....

If he can, why can't Moir play too as the sub?
Won't be popular here but I think that if they decide to play Martin then Kemp will be the sub.

Personally as much as I think that Martin has the potential to turn a match I wouldn't risk him.

There is a lot of similarity, especially with horrendous injury run. We might be getting guys back though whereas they continued to lose them. Don't agree they were a better team than us though, when we have not been cruelled by injuries we've been great except the Swans game.

Disagree, we had plenty out for the Swans game.

Our poor run started 9 weeks ago, we had a relatively healthy list for a fair few of them. Injuries are an issue but form is arguably a bigger one.

Disagree, we had plenty out for the Swans game.

Our poor run started 9 weeks ago, we had a relatively healthy list for a fair few of them. Injuries are an issue but form is arguably a bigger one.

Well it was form, then it turned into injury.

If we don’t cop injuries like TDK, Acres and Harry in the north game, I think we win an extra 2-3. Then we are either getting a home final or top 4.

Well it was form, then it turned into injury.

If we don’t cop injuries like TDK, Acres and Harry in the north game, I think we win an extra 2-3. Then we are either getting a home final or top 4.

Doubt it. Our form was terrible - played safe, boring & dumb footy.

We would've beaten St Kilda, maybe Collingwood. Should've taken care of GWS, Dogs & Port - we had decent teams in from memory.

Our best game this year came after the bye. A freshen is going to do our squad wonders. McGovern Charlie and Harry have all had a good break now too.

On the dunkley situation we need to work smart in close as he will likely go to Cripps again but try to get off him going the other way. So a midfielder needs to make a switch on defence. This will allow Cripps to get free once we win turnovers.

I’d like Hewett to go to dunkley but could easily see us trying to get a few pieces around Cripps and dunks.

Doubt it. Our form was terrible - played safe, boring & dumb footy.

We would've beaten St Kilda, maybe Collingwood. Should've taken care of GWS, Dogs & Port - we had decent teams in from memory.

Well St Kilda and pies is 2 more wins.

I reckon we’d have beaten port as well.

One observation from the Aints game was I thought the Blues weren’t blown away by outside run. Aints do have some elite runners in their side and it is a strength of theirs.
The addition of some quicker players and youthful bodies helped defend transition much better I reckon.

Just hope we don’t recall a heap of underdone stars at the expense of some of these types and get the balance wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back