Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I know guernseys are all about money for clubs these days, and changing them is therefore advantageous. But is there a reason we can’t just revert to this heritage one? It looks beautiful.
Apart from the Collar and the retro AFL logo, what's different?

For us younglings would a good comparison be a better version of Tom Stewart? I’ve heard that a bit
Without wanting to denigrate Tom Stewart who's a bloody good player, he's several rungs below Brucey. An absolute enigma that even people who despised Carlton enjoyed watching.

Courtesy of SpiritOfCarlton -
For us younglings would a good comparison be a better version of Tom Stewart? I’ve heard that a bit
Good question....maybe if you combined the overhead skills of Stewart, with the ground ball skills/run of Saad, with the disposal skills of a Daicos - and you may be getting close. Not only would he destroy his opponent, but totally opened up the game with his rebound - rarely missed his target with either kicking or handball.

SpiritOfCarlton put together a great highlights package that went for nearly an hour. It'll give you a bit of a heads up of the great man. How much would we love him right now running off half back....even at 73yo!!!

It's well worth making yourself a cuppa and watching this. I watched it last night and brought back many great memories.

Good question....maybe if you combined the overhead skills of Stewart, with the ground ball skills/run of Saad, with the disposal skills of a Daicos - and you may be getting close. Not only would he destroy his opponent, but totally opened up the game with his rebound - rarely missed his target with either kicking or handball.

SpiritOfCarlton put together a great highlights package that went for nearly an hour. It'll give you a bit of a heads up of the great man. How much would we love him right now running off half back....even at 73yo!!!

It's well worth making yourself a cuppa and watching this. I watched it last night and brought back many great memories.

The only player I ever saw who could spoil to advantage.

Never smoked a cigarette but suddenly have the urge to have a Winfield 25.

Umbr

Unbelievable. Freak.

This is my favourite video so far.

Just felt so good to finally compile years of work and sit back and enjoy. Now every Carlton supporter can watch Doull at his best whenever they want.

Eventually there will be videos for all the modern greats, there are already quite a few, but Doully is special.

This year I'm doing the 1990 season, next year will be 1991 and others onwards!

This is my favourite video so far.

Just felt so good to finally compile years of work and sit back and enjoy. Now every Carlton supporter can watch Doull at his best whenever they want.

Eventually there will be videos for all the modern greats, there are already quite a few, but Doully is special.

This year I'm doing the 1990 season, next year will be 1991 and others onwards!
Amazing work SOC - thank-you for all your hard work an expertise in putting something like this together.
It allows those of us that thought the Doormat was truely special to sit back and marvel at the great man once again.
But most importantly, allows those that didn’t have the privilege to see him play live gain an understanding of why he is held in such high esteem by those of us that did.
Truely appreciative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing work SOC - thank-you for all your hard work an expertise in putting something like this together.
It allows those of us that thought the Doormat was truely special to sit back and marvel at the great man once again.
But most importantly, allows those that didn’t have the privilege to see him play live gain an understanding of why he is held in such high esteem by those of us that did.
Truely appreciative.
Here Here !!

The legend is still working as a postie out of Preston mail centre to this day. Must be in his early 70's now.

Just looked it up, turns 74 on Sep 11.
Had no idea! Keeps him fit I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back