Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

When I was in high school, I bumped into him at Baker's Delight in Eltham, I shook his hand and said hello. I was so awestruck!

My friend was with me, when we were walking back home, he asked who that was. I said it was the one and only Bruce Doull, which he replies "who, Bruce Tool?" Of course he's a Collingwood supporter!

Not surprising your mate wouldn’t be able to recognise a legend at that level. He supports Collingwood.

It's a cool story and it's true.

However what he did fail to mention is that he was taken by the Hawks before our first pick. So we couldn't have taken him. We did take the Smilie guy but with a very late pick - in the 70's.

Incidentally our first pick that year was used on Matthew Hogg who was a premiership player and played ( I think) the third highest amount of games from that draft behind Crawford and Dunkley. So it wasn't all bad.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn.

Our Captain. My God his heart is Navy through and through. I love the guy. Id be inspired if I were out there: 💙

Anyone see the Kane Cornes article in the age saying the AFL should stop Harry McKay playing tonight?
Got his wish i guess but sheesh I wonder if he'd be writing the article if we weren't playing port..

I wouldn't be surprised if there was more in this.

Either from the AFL or backlash from his parents.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
This one came to my mind also. His mum watches games like a hawk - she wouldnt have been happy with what she saw last week...H in no mans land for a while and no blue doctor to call him out

We are now the number one team from scoring off turnovers - which makes us flag favorites in the eyes of Champion Data:

“This might sound ridiculous, but I'm not panicking, and I’m not jumping off Carlton at all,” Hoyne told SEN's Sportsday.

“They are the number one turnover team in the competition, they have well and truly overtaken Sydney in the turnover game”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are now the number one team from scoring off turnovers - which makes us flag favorites in the eyes of Champion Data:
Just a point of clarification - we are number one for scores from turnover differential.

Points for from turnover per game in 2024:
55.7 points (2nd highest in AFL behind Sydney)

Points against from turnover per game in 2024:
40.5 points (Lowest in AFL)

Turnover differential per game in 2024:
+15.2 points (Highest in AFL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to that driving home yesterday. Just fix the contested / clearance issue FFS!!!!
The issue seems to be conceding scores from stoppage. Pretty sure we are bottom 2 or 3 in that stat. Teams like Richmond and Collingwood that have won flags were pretty poor in terms of clearance differential, but had the defensive setups in place to stop teams from scoring heavily from that source. We haven’t quite nailed that part of the game yet

What a sanctimonious comment, like they were threatening to keep him out this week…inept ****s

Our game is 13 days after the North clash, so even if he was concussed in that game, it will be past the 12 day compulsory protocol.

Our game is 13 days after the North clash, so even if he was concussed in that game, it will be past the 12 day compulsory protocol.

That’s my point

“And his availability for selection this weekend will be determined by Carlton”

Absolutely it bloody will, put your snouts back in your own trough and stay the **** out of our business you sanctimonious AFL imbeciles

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back