Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

4. WHERE WAS CHARLIE?
The spotlight comes thick and fast when you’re ‘The Man’ and you don’t get it done. Charlie Curnow stumbled badly in last year’s finals series and on Saturday night, opposed to Collingwood’s Darcy Moore, Curnow had another dirty night on a big occasion. It’s a trend. He had nine touches, took five marks and kicked two behinds, and never looked threatening. He’s a passive forward who prefers space and in finals-like pressure, like what existed on Saturday night, space and clean delivery is a rarity. He twisted his ankle and that almost certainly restricted him, but he was struggling before that.
Hun Tackle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm, fix something in the last 3 weeks that we haven’t been able to address in the previous 20.

The biggest head scratcher for me is, we didn’t do this last year, the players are the same, the coaches are the same, so what’s the difference?

The biggest head scratcher for me is, we didn’t do this last year, the players are the same, the coaches are the same, so what’s the difference?
But we did do this last year, the difference was that it was in the first half of last season. We just managed to find the secret sauce of pressure, ball movement and confidence at the business end of the season, this year we've lost confidence at precisely the wrong time. There is still time to turn it around but it is wishing rather than confidence it will actually happen

But we did do this last year, the difference was that it was in the first half of last season. We just managed to find the secret sauce of pressure, ball movement and confidence at the business end of the season, this year we've lost confidence at precisely the wrong time. There is still time to turn it around but it is wishing rather than confidence it will actually happen

But we didn’t last year, even when we were 14th last year after round 12 and sitting with 4 wins, we were hard to score against, conceding an average of 77 points per match, by seasons end we had our average score against down to 73.

We are currently conceding on average 86.5 per game.

But we didn’t last year, even when we were 14th last year after round 12 and sitting with 4 wins, we were hard to score against, conceding an average of 77 points per match, by seasons end we had our average score against down to 73.

We are currently conceding on average 86.5 per game.
I take your point. But if you go back to the Voss press conferences in the first half of the year he was consistent in stating thot we didn’t have our defence right. I remember the media laughing at him because he was continually asked how we could score, and he responded that our defence was the problem.

The team does have a history of being leaky with defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back