Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I would appreciate a link to the posted SEN comments from Russell re his training philosophy - I'm still interested enough to care because I am still fuming with anger - and it doesn't stop at Russell if there is any truth to this 'philosophy'.
I thought you’d be supporting your second team by now 😉

I would appreciate a link to the posted SEN comments from Russell re his training philosophy - I'm still interested enough to care because I am still fuming with anger - and it doesn't stop at Russell if there is any truth to this 'philosophy'.
I’ve been struggling this week with the negativity surrounding the footy club but I understand a lot of people love to see us failing.

I was curious when someone posted a photo of Russell on Instagram in his Carlton gear claiming the audio is commentary on our injury list.

I’ve found the audio where Russell talks about intensity at training might mean that players get injured. He’s actually talking about his time at Hawthorn and how they pushed players beyond their limits as part of their training regime. It would only occur for one session. They would prepare for it by lessening loads before and after that session. I suppose it follows the philosophy of pushing yourself beyond the pain barrier to give you an edge on game day.

The comments are in the section ‘Throwing science out the window’.

It's our leaders that have totally lost it, not the kids. They are still learning but aren't being assisted.
Weitering, Saad, McGovern and Newman were horrible and have been so for a month. Kemp and Cowan are the 2 paying the price from the coaching group ........ gutless.

I wonder if players are getting jack of constant changes due to injuries and some in and out resulting in little continuity with the side.

This is especially relevant for the back 6/7 who really need to be a family within the family.

Or maybe everyone is just sick of the heavy training loads and have no gas in the tank.

David Kings All-Australian team for 2024.

Jeremy McGovern at full back instead of Weitering.

It’s probably fair after the last 6 weeks.

6 weeks ago Cripps, Weitering, Charlie, McKay and possibly Walsh and TDk would’ve been in the squad at least.

Now I’d imagine it’s just Cripps.

Not sure why there is even a debate between those two. You can have Weitering, Andrews and McGovern in the same back 6. Weitering was never going to be in King's team no matter what he did based on his commentary all year

It’s probably fair after the last 6 weeks.

6 weeks ago Cripps, Weitering, Charlie, McKay and possibly Walsh and TDk would’ve been in the squad at least.

Now I’d imagine it’s just Cripps.
AA should be based on all 23 games not just the last month of the season - Charlie, Cripps, Weitering at the very least would all be locks for the squad. McKay would be next in line.

I wonder if players are getting jack of constant changes due to injuries and some in and out resulting in little continuity with the side.
At least one mentioned it weeks ago. Difficult to get a roll on.

He may need to revisit that I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL.com.au brownlow predictor has Walsh currently in equal 11th place (12th if including ineligible Heeney) - which is crazy considering he’s clearly below his best. He’s also 17th in the Coaches votes. All this after missing the first four games of the season.

So he’s actually had a pretty damn good season compared to the competition and hopefully we make it to the Finals and he gets the bye to help with whatever is ailing him and then watch out…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

McGovern has had a very consistent year, whereas Weiters has had a clear difference between his good and poor games.
Stats favour McGovern and Weitering's kicking has also dropped off compared to what it used to be.
Metres gained by McGovern is twice that of Weitering.

Don't get me wrong, Weiters probably should have been selected in previous years, but fair call on McGovern this year.

No different to when Ryder got AA over Kreuzer as they didn't want to select 2 rucks even though both had very good years and there wasn't much between them. Next year, 2 rucks were selected. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back