Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good read, proper journalism, stark contrast to the crap you get in the Herald Sun all the time. No opinions/ego, letting the subject tell the story. Like the comments about leadership. Some times the coach/coaches can go on all they like but not get through to individuals doing the wrong thing, sometimes when team mates give the message it can get through however. A few of our boys have the talent but not the application on the track or the field. Strong leadership on the field/track might be what we need to see the best out of guys like Yarran and Lucas. It's why some young players do better and progress better in the AFL among the older more mature and outspoken players than they do in the VFL playing with other kids, fringe players and VFL listed players. It's why Melbourne's rebuild is going so poorly and their young players aren't fulfilling their potential.

LOL
Good fun!
Robbo and Curnow looked as if they'd slept there and had just woken up.
I liked where Yaz was trying to look serious for his photo but cracked up.
And the promotional shots on the field. (Sigh...) Good old Princes Park, eh. :hearts: How I miss it on game days... reminds me, I must make sure I catch the next open training session at least, for a PP fix. :cool:

(audio-only) Mick admits he got it wrong on 5AA regarding Arizona.

Players hated freezing their arses off and kicking a footy in the snow doesn't simulate match-day. Looking for a mountain range in the southern hemisphere for late spring altitude training. (Hello, the Andes?)

Likes the player's names on the back of jumpers.

Leadership spread a good thing - team were too dependent on Judd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's odd. :confused:

I thought he couldn't walk!

Thomas has first hit-out with the Blues

Carlton's prized recruit Dale Thomas has had his first match practice for his new club, completing the majority of an hour-long intra club match at Visy Park on Thursday.
Thomas, Carlton's major free-agent signing from Collingwood, played on the wing and around on the ball in the club's full-scale practice match, which consisted of four 15-minute quarters; the match was played on Thursday morning, before the afternoon heat.

Thomas is understood to have indicated that he felt fine afterwards, though the Blues were waiting to see how 'Daisy' felt on Friday before making the traditional 'he pulled up well' declaration.
But the fact that Thomas has already managed to complete an intraclub game - in which most senior players, besides Chris Judd, played - is an indication that the ex-Magpie is somewhat advanced on what was expected when he started the pre-season and is gaining in fitness and condition. Thomas has had major issues with his ankle over the past two years, having missed most of 2013.

Thomas has first hit-out with the Blues

Yeah, I hear what you're saying mate. My first impression, going by his interview was "Aww, what a nice boy." The kind of kid you'd like your daughter to bring home, etc. Nothing wrong with that, as long as there's steel underneath. If not, hopefully he'll soon learn to HTFU. I think MM can help him with that.

I'm smelling some blouseless about the kid and not too many jumped in to sway me otherwise from my original thoughts and concerns who'd have done a lot more research on him than me. I very nervous about Doc and am not as bullish about him as others. I really hope he proves me wrong in the NAB cup.

I'm smelling some blouseless about the kid and not too many jumped in to sway me otherwise from my original thoughts and concerns who'd have done a lot more research on him than me. I very nervous about Doc and am not as bullish about him as others. I really hope he proves me wrong in the NAB cup.

Most of us wouldn't know a lot about him unless we concentrated on his dozen or so Lions games. There is a highlights video out there. He doesn't shirk the contest and lacks nothing in intensity in that video but they are hardly going to show physical contests where he doesn't come up with the ball. He's no hard nut type but I reckon he goes when it is his turn and he reads the ball better than most so his game isn't built around clearing paths for others.

Waite, there's more: Carlton star keen to play on
JARRAD Waite has regained his passion for the game and the Carlton forward believes he is in a good position to play beyond 2014.

Waite, who turned 31 during the Blues' Australia Post Community Camp in Sale this week, managed 14 games last season because of calf and knee problems.

A one-match suspension also disrupted his season, which was criticised by captain Marc Murphy and resulted in Waite being fined by the club.

But after a scheduled cleanout on the knee he hurt in round 15, and a flawless pre-season so far, Waite is on track to appear in the Blues' NAB Challenge games that start on February 15 against North Melbourne.
Waite, there's more: Carlton star keen to play on

Still harbour hope that a 22 game season from Waite results in an AA squad nomination.

He played a bit back last year and still managed to average ~2 goals a game. Add to that his 6-7 marks and 12-15 disposals a game and I think that's a very productive season. Bloke just needs to stay on the park is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back