Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoCo has decided to sink the boots in and in one paragraph makes it seem that Carlton are going to go to Bruce as the saviour...

I wish that useless monied up w***er would just get the **** away from the club. Connolly makes it appear that Kernahan and Swann were the ones who went out and got Malthouse. It was Mathieson and his cronies in the backrooms who chased after Malthouse because "THEY" wanted an experienced premiership coach at the club. They were the ones who were making all the noise when the Ratten lead Carlton rolled over to the Suns that ended up spelling the end to Ratts career at the club.

And I found this at news.com.au

Carlton power figures push for radical club rebuild after embarrassing 0-4 start to season
Powerbrokers agitating for change at Carlton are predicting major turnover in the days after the Easter break following Round 5.

Some key figures are overseas in the week leading into Easter, but those calling for a major clean-out held key talks again after Sunday’s humbling loss to Melbourne.

It means the mood for change will only intensify in coming weeks, with growing momentum for the new look from influential club figures, powerbrokers and board members.

The Blues have already forecast more radical list changes this year, planning to turn over another 10 or more players.

and then we have these pearls of wisdom a bit further down the page...

But the off-field changes could be more significant, with the potential for a new president, chief executive, recruiting boss and rejigged board.

Carlton powerbroker Bruce Mathieson is adamant a new broom must be swept through Carlton, pointing directly at CEO Greg Swann and president Stephen Kernahan.

Highly-regarded chief executive Swann, close to being poached by St Kilda on a four-year deal this summer, is under pressure given the results and lack of membership growth.

Kernahan is leaving at the end of the year. Mathieson knows this already... as do the writers of that piece of shite article. We changed our recruiting manager 2 years ago... but they seem, along with Mathieson, to be putting the blame for all our previous recruiting woes directly onto Rogers. Do those idiots even bother to do the basic amount of research required before putting their names to this crap or even before talking to Mr Dial-a-quote Mathieson.

The club would be a much better place if we could remove people like the Pratts and the Mathiesons from having as much influence around the club as they do. Just because they have a shit load of money doesnt mean that they can run a professional sporting club efficiently.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ca...-start-to-season/story-fndv8f7j-1226883140514

Seriously, you think after 2 rounds the players have been told to throw games so that we can get an early draft pick this year - in our 150th anniversary year.

Have you figured out how many players are actually involved in this scheme, because it looks to me most of the team have lost confidence. Is it because we were playing players out of position - defenders like Hendo up forward, hang on a minute Melbourne played Frawley up forward, wtf were they also trying to tank? Or is it because we played Waite and Garlett in the VFL and told everyone they were out of form, and then to make it believable Jeffy deliberately plays poorly and struggles to get a kick.
Nobody is in on anything. But you can undermine the confidence of a playing group fairly easily. I dont think ive seen a more dramatic drop in form, ever. Something is seriously wrong with my footy club and when my President comes out and starts talking about the next two drafts and previous drafts being compromised then we are not looking to achieve anything this year other than rebuild and we are just waiting now until the end of the year to rectify this problem we have with, apparently, a list not strong enough to achieve ultimate success. I suspect they were told as much, and in true form to those words, they dropped right off rather than proving the doubters wrong. At the very moment they had the chance to rise above, they became shell shocked and looked for somewhere to hide. Nobody is tanking, but the expectations have been lowered and the players morale along with it. What came first, the chicken or the egg? Is it a real assessment or an inditement on the playing group that they bought into? Are the players revolting against a negative assessment of a bitter, washed up old man? Its hard to stand up to a guy whos been around for 30 years who fronts up and says "you guys dont have what it takes" so you believe that and you get belted by 80+ points and you lose to a bottom ranked side cas the guy whos running the show and has been around and seen it all tells you that so you believe it.

Simo at the pressie this morning...

Simpson: "We're not relying on Chris Judd. He's not going to come back as the saviour or a quick fix."

Issues could be deeper than players. When you're not motivated to come into work, you just dont want to work...simple analogy really.

I would have liked to see all the entire leadership there, or is that gonna be next week?

Nobody is in on anything. But you can undermine the confidence of a playing group fairly easily. I dont think ive seen a more dramatic drop in form, ever. Something is seriously wrong with my footy club and when my President comes out and starts talking about the next two drafts and previous drafts being compromised then we are not looking to achieve anything this year other than rebuild and we are just waiting now until the end of the year to rectify this problem we have with, apparently, a list not strong enough to achieve ultimate success. I suspect they were told as much, and in true form to those words, they dropped right off rather than proving the doubters wrong. At the very moment they had the chance to rise above, they became shell shocked and looked for somewhere to hide. Nobody is tanking, but the expectations have been lowered and the players morale along with it. What came first, the chicken or the egg? Is it a real assessment or an inditement on the playing group that they bought into? Are the players revolting against a negative assessment of a bitter, washed up old man? Its hard to stand up to a guy whos been around for 30 years who fronts up and says "you guys dont have what it takes" so you believe that and you get belted by 80+ points and you lose to a bottom ranked side cas the guy whos running the show and has been around and seen it all tells you that so you believe it.

How about having some pride in what you do, and go out and prove him wrong? IF that is the issue..

That's what's wrong with society with the "woe is me, I'm the victim" attitude..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpson: "The group is flat at the moment. We're not angry, we just need to keep working on the things we've been trying to improve."

They're NOT angry? Really? It's okay, us supporters will hurt for you all.

RoCo has decided to sink the boots in and in one paragraph makes it seem that Carlton are going to go to Bruce as the saviour...

I wish that useless monied up ****** would just get the **** away from the club. Connolly makes it appear that Kernahan and Swann were the ones who went out and got Malthouse. It was Mathieson and his cronies in the backrooms who chased after Malthouse because "THEY" wanted an experienced premiership coach at the club. They were the ones who were making all the noise when the Ratten lead Carlton rolled over to the Suns that ended up spelling the end to Ratts career at the club.

And I found this at news.com.au

Carlton power figures push for radical club rebuild after embarrassing 0-4 start to season

and then we have these pearls of wisdom a bit further down the page...

Kernahan is leaving at the end of the year. Mathieson knows this already... as do the writers of that piece of shite article. We changed our recruiting manager 2 years ago... but they seem, along with Mathieson, to be putting the blame for all our previous recruiting woes directly onto Rogers. Do those idiots even bother to do the basic amount of research required before putting their names to this crap or even before talking to Mr Dial-a-quote Mathieson.

The club would be a much better place if we could remove people like the Pratts and the Mathiesons from having as much influence around the club as they do. Just because they have a shit load of money doesnt mean that they can run a professional sporting club efficiently.

Mathieson can piss off and take his money with him. Don't need these type that hold the club to ransom.
If Rogers gets moved on because of this peanut I think I will go postal. Recruiting has been good with him at the helm.
On a side note, if Matheison had any say on the decision, do you think we would see Carlton appoint an untried head coach, ala Ken Hinkley. Not a snowflakes chance in hell.

Looks like Connolly has just gone through BF forum, cobbled together a few disconnected opinions and called it an article. At least he didn't say we were tanking.
Yeah, but Rohan realises Carlton's problems aren't as serious as Essendon*s.

Who listens to him?

Captain Obvious article.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all those rich prats on the current board need to rack off, let the members pay off the debt and build the club from the ground up....relying on the "charity" of Mathieson, Pratt etc is not a healthy addiction. We will still be reliving our current issues another decade down the track unless we wean ourselves off their money.

They're NOT angry? Really? It's okay, us supporters will hurt for you all.
What's that old saying, I'm not angry, just disappointed.

Don't really want the players angry at each other, that's not going to fix this team. Imagine if the team all cried about how 'Gibbs is a soft' and abused him for every mistake.
Yeah that would get our team working together. :thumbsu:

Carlton’s cleanout to start with boss
ONE of the first off-field casualties of Carlton’s rapid decline is expected to be chief executive Greg Swann.

The Australian understands that former Blues great Stephen Silvagni, now with Greater Western Sydney, will be approached about a return to Princes Park to take charge of list management.

Is SOS the best man for the job?

Anyone could pick players with GWS given a golden ticket.

Caro will only bash out an article about SOS having a COI due to his sons being potential F/S selections.

McKay hasn't been poor.

What's that old saying, I'm not angry, just disappointed.

Don't really want the players angry at each other, that's not going to fix this team. Imagine if the team all cried about how 'Gibbs is a soft' and abused him for every mistake.
Yeah that would get our team working together. :thumbsu:

I agree with you. I don't want them to be angry at each other, but surely they would be angry with themselves and their own individual performance. I know it's a team sport, but if you're not doing you're own role well you're not contributing to the overall team performance.

Obviously Simpson can keep his head held high though.

with the greatest respect to our great man SOS list management at GWS with the best talent in the country given to you over a two or three year period would have been a walk in the park.....not sure what SOS would bring quite frankly

with the greatest respect to our great man SOS list management at GWS with the best talent in the country given to you over a two or three year period would have been a walk in the park.....not sure what SOS would bring quite frankly

that's true but wasn't SOS also defensive coach at the Saints when they were the stingiest defensive side in the land? that to me speaks of his abilities rather than just building the GWS list.

Would be happy for him to be back if he wasn't just another old boy yes-man.

Is SOS the best man for the job?

Anyone could pick players with GWS given a golden ticket.

Caro will only bash out an article about SOS having a COI due to his sons being potential F/S selections.

McKay hasn't been poor.

Some clubs have list managers and Football Operations Managers. Getting SOS to do one allows McKay to concentrate on other areas.

SOS returning might give a little bit of a sugar hit for the fans. Time will tell how long that lasts. I'd be happy to see it though. I'd also ask him to help out with defence.

He can bring some of those kids with him :thumbsu:

Seriously I agree and don't know what he can offer without concessions

Some clubs have list managers and Football Operations Managers. Getting SOS to do one allows McKay to concentrate on other areas.

SOS returning might give a little bit of a sugar hit for the fans. Time will tell how long that lasts. I'd be happy to see it though. I'd also ask him to help out with defence.

I may be alone and have no particular reason to say this, but I don't want SOS.

The only SOS I want is for the distress signal to be recognized and acted upon...........now.

The only SOS I want is for the distress signal to be recognized and acted upon...........now.

And if they act upon it by bringing in new people that you don't want?

I don't want meaningless gestures if that is what getting SOS is, but if there is a specific purpose and he is qualified to do it, then where is the harm?

Bring him, don't bring him in, whatever. I'm not qualified to comments on his merits so have no particular opinion. His presence will motivate those who love the Guernsey, but how many of those do we have in our current side?

I just don't see the logic in outright saying we don't want someone if we don't know what they can do.

Unless he is an expert in his field and it's not to get fans on board I think we can put money to more glaring areas.

Macca was on 3aw before.

Was the most diabolical interview ever. He thinks this is just a glitch. Soon we'll be back where we belong.

What a joke.

The club is STILL in complete denial. We won't be at rock bottom until the club face reality. If a loss to Melbourne isn't that reality check, what will it take? What is worse than losing to Melbourne?

Our club is broken.

Losing to GWS, gawd I hope that never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back