Injury Carlton Injury List Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having Jamo back is a tantalising prospect given how well Hendo has been going of late. One thing these injuries have done is to give Hendo and Thornton a chance to stand up.

Laidler Jamison Russell
Yarran Henderson Duigan
Simpson Gibbs Scotland
Garlett Waite Robinson
Walker Kreuzer Betts
Warnock Judd Murphy

Int: Carrazzo Ellard Thornton Tuohy

Depth: Hampson Bower O'hAilpin McLean Curnow Armfield Houlihan Davies Twomey White Austin Lucas O'Keeffe Watson

All those emergencies have senior experience this year. You could argue that bench all day long. For balance may have Armfield or Curnow/McLean instead of Tuohy but Tuohy is just such a goer and is a great kick. Thornton too deserves a spot, probably up forward.

How strong does that defence look with a fit Jamo back and a reinvented Henderson? That team seriously gives me chills. Praying for a fit list come September.

Getting me a bit hot n sweaty there ODN.
I too have the chills.

ratts said on SEN tonight that carazzo would definitely play this week, waite might play but could be another week and jamison should be right for hawthorn. said russell is a week away, and laughed at the GWS rumours, reminding everyone Russell was contracted.

I'll believe that when i see it.

Ratts doesn't have the best track record in predicting when players return from injury.

ratts said on SEN tonight that carazzo would definitely play this week, waite might play but could be another week and jamison should be right for hawthorn. said russell is a week away, and laughed at the GWS rumours, reminding everyone Russell was contracted.

Wouldn't be a great loss. More importantly would like to get jamo and Waite back in with a few games under the belt b4 finals.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/injury/tabid/4314/default.aspx

Injury Update – August 9th, 2011

Dennis Armfield, who was a late withdrawal from last Saturday’s victory over Melbourne at the MCG, is expected to be available to make the trip to Perth to play Fremantle at Patersons Stadium this Saturday.

Armfield has made a tremendous recovery from the injury he sustained in the game against North Melbourne in round 19 and was close to playing last weekend but it was decided to have the additional rest to ensure he is fine for the remainder of the season.

Dennis Armfield
Ankle: Test

Andrew Carrazzo
Calf: Test

Shaun Hampson
Knee: Test

Michael Jamison
Knee: 1 week

Jarrad Waite
Hip: Test

If Waite comes back there is no chance in hell he will play in defence. Our last 2 loses against the eagles and dogs were mainly due to not having a foward who could take a decent grab and hence the ball coming out of our foward line too easy

In the game against the Eagles I was wathcing, we had no answer for a tall forward line.

Particularly after Jamo went down.

But hey.

I'd rather focus on having him back for 2/3 of a game in the Bullants in round 23 (they do play, right?) then a full game against St. Kilda the following week than pushing him early for the Hawks.

mockup_AFLCtlGalleryLibraryForNews.png

Key pair back soon for Blues

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/120739/default.aspx

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how informative this is, but I saw Jammo at highpoint today and he didn't seem to be limping or anything, was walking fine.

I didn't actually go and ask him how he was doing coz I didn't want to invade his privacy, but yeah he seemed to be walking fine and should be back again this year. Hopefully he can find his place early on and get back into form quick.

No doubt a high point in any days shopping. I will let myself out and accept a card is on its way but someone had to say it...
Card? What for .... resorting to poor puns?

Half of this board would be permanently dressed in red, including most of the mods.

Re: Carlton Injury List Update - Chat with Jamison

Jamo speaking to BT on the radio now.

Said he'll be back into full training on Tuesday, and expecting to play next week, whether that's in the seniors or not is up to the coaching staff. Has been on modified training as per plan.

Other things from the chat with Jamo -

Commends Hendo's efforts down there, and as far as they know, he'll be Mr Agile going back and forward, depends on Waitey as well and where they need Hendo.

Had his cartiledge out. Bad spelling :)

Tuohy's a hard worker, hence his fast learning, puts a lot of working in.

Duigan and Laidler are two of Jammo's favourite players to play with because of how they approach it.

Freo - tough came, Carlton need to win every game on to retain top 4, hopefully decided in the midfield.

Juddy - first to admit he's had a better year this year than last year. Real hunger to win a flag at the blues to complete his career. Lots driving Judd.

So, for those who can't be bothered reading all that, glad to hear Jamo will be back playing next weekend, either Bullants or Blues. :thumbsu:

From twitter
"Jamo made more improvement than Waitey last week. Jarrad is a day-to-day proposition." #RattenPresser

Desperately need both of them back before the finals. Hopefully with a bit of match fitness too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back