Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our game style was working perfectly fine when we were healthy and in form.

We had the best returns for scores from transition and defending scores from transition in the league as of round 18 or so.

Is that the sign of bad system or a bad game plan?

Perhaps the Blues just have a unique set of talent that means our game plan looks a bit different to the likes of Sydney, GWS etc who have a very different list profile to us?
you had basically a full side with 5 weeks to go and started kicking the ball sideways to protect your leads lol That really worked well for you given you have the 2 best key forwards in the league. You play garbage football and its reflected with your win losses.

I have said many times you guys have the best list in the league easily given that the Demons have self imploded, but you fell into a prelim last year and wasted this year. Times ticking given you have waited 25 years for this window, and if you cannot win in the next 3 years it will be a disaster. Long may crazy Vossy coach you guys. Its comedy gold for the opposition supporters

Its comedy gold for the opposition supporters
Pies finishing ninth after winning the flag. It brings us and the rest of the opposition supporters a lot of joy .
Animated GIF

Pies finishing ninth after winning the flag. It brings us and the rest of the opposition supporters a lot of joy .
Animated GIF
i think you will find most Collingwood supporters are fine with it. Just a glitch for many reasons that happens to most sides. You on the other hand have won NOTHING. you even fell into the finals losing lol

you had basically a full side with 5 weeks to go and started kicking the ball sideways to protect your leads lol That really worked well for you given you have the 2 best key forwards in the league. You play garbage football and its reflected with your win losses.

I have said many times you guys have the best list in the league easily given that the Demons have self imploded, but you fell into a prelim last year and wasted this year. Times ticking given you have waited 25 years for this window, and if you cannot win in the next 3 years it will be a disaster. Long may crazy Vossy coach you guys. Its comedy gold for the opposition supporters
Pies played worse with a full squad this year than when they had a bunch of VFL players running out there with Nicky and Hill and a few others. Why's that?

Pies played worse with a full squad this year than when they had a bunch of VFL players running out there with Nicky and Hill and a few others. Why's that?
No we didnt. We were in the top 4 until we got all the long term injuries hit I think we had 24 to pick from at one stage. We only hit our straps again when we got a couple back at the end of the season. Quaynor played all season with turf toe which is a 10 week injury usually, Pendles played with a torn bicep which is also a 10 week injury. All De Goeys season was ruined by his groin problems, yet we still won 5 out of our last 6.

]But good try trying to make things up.

Never heard a more immature, pathetic, whinging pack of poor losers than a few of you Blues supporters. Continually acting like a child when things dont go how you want them to and trying to come up with any excuse possible for your clubs failure the past 28 seasons.

efa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we didnt. We were in the top 4 until we got all the long term injuries hit I think we had 24 to pick from at one stage. We only hit our straps again when we got a couple back at the end of the season. Quaynor played all season with turf toe which is a 10 week injury usually, Pendles played with a torn bicep which is also a 10 week injury. All De Goeys season was ruined by his groin problems, yet we still won 5 out of our last 6.

]But good try trying to make things up.
So let me get this straight... PIESHADINJURIES! is now an excuse despite all of your pack of ferals telling us that Blues injuries don't matter at all and good teams have depth to cover them and still make finals?

Pies have won 5 of the last six. convince me the blues are better than them . Please dont use ladder possie in a lopsided draw. :) Thats the only possible reason we've been given. Blues got an insanely soft draw for a preliminary finalist last year. AFL did their best but they still weren't up to it. 5 out of 6 - there's not a sport in the world where the loser of 5 out of 6 could claim superiority.
Lopsided? The Roos were smashing you before you got saved by a non-50m. So don't use the draw as an excuse.

You have to love the melting from the Pies supporters :tearsofjoy: It's sad that you can't accept the fact that we have been better performed than you over the course of the season. Talk about bad losers, you guys take the cake. See you next year.

Just found some remarkable footage of Grand Final day when Carlton last won a flag. Incredible buzz around town.

That was closer to when you last beat us in the big dance than 1995 mate.:laughv1: Still though good one i have to give you ten out of ten for that!:laughv1:

I suppose we have to be honest here there's no beating the Pies when it comes to membership numbers.

Then again a lump of shit will attract the flies after all.:laughv1: Bombers and Tigers fans will digress but yes the Blues and the Pies are the biggest clubs in the AFL.

You can point to Carlton being under par since 2002 or whatever, but we have a massive dormant supporter base that is waiting to crawl out from the woodwork.

It's all just a matter of waiting for someone to light the fuse and watch the whole thing explode. It could happen this year yet just watch this space.

now post the scores of the 2 game we played against you this year
Means sweet eff all mate we still beat you to a finals spot. This is not the european champions league soccer with the aggregate scores over two games etc.

Round 24. Bloosers BLOOSE to StKilda 🤣
Round 23, Carlton Beat the mighty West Coast
Round 22, Bloosers get SMASHED by Hawthorn and score 38 points for the game🤣
Round 21 McGovern gets the blue-shakes and kicks it out on the full after the siren. Bloosers BLOOSE to Collingwood.🤣
Round 20. Bloosers BLOOSE to Port.
Round 19. The bloosers beat mighty Norf by 3 goals.
Round 18. Bloosers BLOOSE to the dogs.
Round 17. Bloosers BLOOSE to GWS.

So much BLOOSERING

I can really see why all the Carlton posters are so up and about. That formline just screams "Premiers" doesn't it!🤣

Yeah, our form has been shit, going 3-6 from June 30th onwards.

Collingwood’s form was slightly better at 4-5 to miss out on finals on percentage. Including losing to Sydney (who’s previous 6 weeks form was 1-5 when you played them), and you choked that game with a 21 point 3QT lead. That is where you choked away finals. Win that and you’re in the finals….. but you choked against a side with worse form than we had (up to that point).

You just know that the umpires were wetting themselves with excitement at the thought of giving Collingwood 2016 GF umpiring throughout the finals (again) to lead Collingwood to another flag.

1725218861977.gif

You have to love the melting from the Pies supporters :tearsofjoy: It's sad that you can't accept the fact that we have been better performed than you over the course of the season. Talk about bad losers, you guys take the cake. See you next year.
no problem that you out-performed us on the ladder. Congratulations! Now can you concede that we outperformed you on the field?

Yeah, our form has been shit, going 3-6 from June 30th onwards.

Collingwood’s form was slightly better at 4-5 to miss out on finals on percentage. Including losing to Sydney (who’s previous 6 weeks form was 1-5 when you played them), and you choked that game with a 21 point 3QT lead. That is where you choked away finals. Win that and you’re in the finals….. but you choked against a side with worse form than we had (up to that point).

You just know that the umpires were wetting themselves with excitement at the thought of giving Collingwood 2016 GF umpiring throughout the finals (again) to lead Collingwood to another flag.

View attachment 2098495
Carlton outperformed Pies on ladder - no doubt - Pies only have themselves to blame that they fell behind a team that actually lost their way into the finals.
Pies continued to outperformed Blues - head to head on field as they have for a generation.

Thats all I'm saying

Carlton outperformed Pies on ladder - no doubt - Pies only have themselves to blame that they fell behind a team that actually lost their way into the finals.
Pies continued to outperformed Blues - head to head on field as they have for a generation.

Thats all I'm saying

Banter mate. :)

We’ve been very shit for over two months. Shit form to go into finals with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back