Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, let's cut to the chase here, Carlton supporters...

Yet another year has passed where Carlton have failed to contend for a premiership, making it now 25 years since Carkton have played in a Grand Final.

You have all accused me of trolling in my time on BigFooty, despite the fact I have consistently been accurate in relation to the fortunes of your football club.

If my analysis - fundamental imbalance in the list profile; Carrying far too many injury prone players on your list; clear inability to identify and develop talent outside of your first round picks; Lack of pace and basic skill - is regarded as 'trolling', where have Carlton gone wrong?
You had us coming 16th this year and you want to claim you arent a troll? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

You had us coming 16th this year and you want to claim you arent a troll? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Are you sure about that?

I had you rated the 16th best team after round 2. In jest.

Context is important.

I picked Carlton as 13th, a fair way off the contenders.

It would be a tough sell to say the ended the season much better than the 13th best team, having only beaten the bottom 3 teams in their last 9 games.

So miles closer than those who had Carlton in the top 4 and contending for a premiership.

Are you sure about that?

Context is important.

It would be a tough sell to say the ended the season much better than the 13th best team, having only beaten the bottom 3 teams in their last 9 games.

So miles closer than those who had Carlton in the top 4 and contending for a premiership.
Oh so you were just trolling? Got it

Yes, you certainly have me there.

Though I did say there would be some very good teams miss the finals, and Brisbane were the only certainty to make them.

So I was indeed wrong about Geelong this year, and more than happy to be proven wrong.

But this thread is about Carlton, and interestingly I have no responses as yet to my question from the Carlton posters, aside from 'Nah, you were wrong', and 'I know you are so what are we?'
Wonder why no Carlton supporters want to answer your questions.

Are you sure about that?

Context is important.

In terms of ranking the teams this year as premiership threats; 13th is about right for Carlton. On the Same level as Melbourne and Gold Coast.

Really?

Should we roll back to the discussion when I was refusing to install Carlton as a 2024 premiership contender when they were second on the ladder and second favourites for the flag just after the midpoint of the season?

So in hindsight, were Carlton premiership contenders in 2024?
Who cares about the footy, we won this thread and that's what we're here for. So when are you going to melt out again?

Wasted year for the Blues.
They have three more years in their window.

Collingwood signing up all their oldies again indicates they have put all their eggs in the 2025 basket before the inevitable drop off.
13 wins is what this Carlton list has topped out at, that simply aint good enough.

Carlton went on a scorched earth 10 year build, and wasted all their money on demolition and an over engineered slab, that they have no cash left for glazing.

Are you sure about that?

Context is important.

We finished above your mob, how insipid were they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the metric of “banter”. :p

We had a shit year, plain and simple. Went from 2nd to 8th in the space of about 8 weeks, lost to our arch rivals twice and trailed the EF 60-0. Wholesale changes need to happen to the playing list. A key back or 2, mids with speed, small forwards.
Why is Voss getting a pass?
If you look at your coach's record, apart from half a year in 2023 it's been a big fail. Best spine in the comp plus Cripps is plenty for any coach to work with. Yet the Sum total equals less than the parts at Carlton. Game plan, system and "brand" clearly are not strengths under Voss. Selection issues too.

And a bunch if 13 wins is what this Carlton list has topped out at, that simply aint good enough.

Carlton went on a scorched earth 10 year build, and wasted all their money on demolition and an over engineered slab, that they have no cash left for glazing.
Collingwood are all chips in in a fat german and a bunch of old dudes . You'll know all about topping out very shortly

You and the rest of your Collingwood brethren, can come back to me when you've won at least eight flags since 1958.

We look at clubs like Geelong and Hawthorn when it comes to improving ourselves. We don't require any tips for success from the ultimate grand final losing experts.:laughv1:
Carlton trying to do what Geelong and Hawthorn do is like Swindon Town trying to do what Manchester City does

Be realistic.

Why is Voss getting a pass?
If you look at your coach's record, apart from half a year in 2023 it's been a big fail. Best spine in the comp plus Cripps is plenty for any coach to work with. Yet the Sum total equals less than the parts at Carlton. Game plan, system and "brand" clearly are not strengths under Voss. Selection issues too.

Voss definitely isn’t getting a pass. He’s just under contract for the next 2 years. He will be the coach whether we want him to be or not.

Carlton trying to do what Geelong and Hawthorn do is like Swindon Town trying to do what Manchester City does

Be realistic.
The Hawks have taken both your club and my club to the cleaners in terms of flags won since 1987 sadly.

Really? I didn't see the Pies playing on the first week of finals.
I didn't see Carlton playing finals either. You sure they did? I watched the first 50 minutes last night and Carlton were nowhere to be seen. Blues were still on the bus or something apparently. I turned it off to watch some cat videos on YouTube.

I didn't see Carlton playing finals either. You sure they did? I watched the first 50 minutes last night and Carlton were nowhere to be seen. Blues were still on the bus or something apparently. I turned it off to watch some cat videos on YouTube.
At least we were there, unlike the bottom 10 scrubbers.

The Hawks have taken both your club and my club to the cleaners in terms of flags won since 1987 sadly.
Back to the olden days again. Are you aware you have 30 year old supporters with families who have never seen a premiership in their memory? It’s a very selfish outlook to have to constantly drag discussions back to those days to flex.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back