Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best Carlton coach everšŸ¤£.
Did an absolute number on you guys.

No love for Heath Scotland?

Fantastic servant of the club. He played a decade at Carlton that it slipped my mind he also played for Collingwood first.

At least you didnā€™t say Alex Fasolo. :p

Supporters of clubs who don't understand the finals system might truly believe this.

But you're wrong.

There's a reason the premier has come from the teams who qualify for finals with a double chance on 96% of occasions since the current finals system has been in play.
That makes Carlton at the very least a 4% better chance than Collingwood.
Appreciate you supporting the Carlton have been the better team argument with your factual tidbits Fadge.
Weā€™ll done on your turnaround.

Last edited:

That makes Carlton at the very least a 4% chance more than Collingwood.
Appreciate you supporting the Carlton have been the better team argument with your factual tidbits Fadge.
Weā€™ll done on your turnaround.
Maths not a strength of yours?

Of the 96 teams that have finished in positions 5th to 8th since 2000 (the first year of the new finals system) through to 2023, only one team has won the premiership.

You need to borrow my abacus?

Maths not a strength of yours?

Of the 96 teams that have finished in positions 5th to 8th since 2000 (the first year of the new finals system) through to 2023, only one team has won the premiership.

You need to borrow my abacus?
Not really, school in general wasnā€™t for me. Appreciate you asking.

Iā€™d thought you had quoted those percentages in a previous post. I must have been mistaken.

Anyway, whatever they are, and with my limited mathematical capabilities, Iā€™m pretty certain itā€™s better than 0%

And drawing on your expertise with the abacus that would suggest anything above zero to be better, therefore supporting the context of my post of one being better than another and your contribution supporting that inference.

Keep it up, Iā€™m confident youā€™ll get there.

Go ahead.

Please explain to me how Carlton are going to win the flag from 8th, after bringing 6 players into their Elimination Finals team returning from injury.

Go.
Carlton are going to beat Brisbane in Brisbane for the second time this year
Then they will overcome GWS at their home ground where we have won before.
Then Geelong at the MCG where we beat them by 11 goals last time we met,
And finally Sydney in the GF where we beat them last finals series.
Pretty straight forward

Fantastic servant of the club. He played a decade at Carlton that it slipped my mind he also played for Collingwood first.

At least you didnā€™t say Alex Fasolo. :p
Yeah Scotland was very good for a long time at Carlton.
So you admit you're wrong? Some good things do come from Collingwood.

Go ahead.

Please explain to me how Carlton are going to win the flag from 8th, after bringing 6 players into their Elimination Finals team returning from injury.

Go.
Firstly, im not saying the Blues will win the flag from 8th this season. Secondly if you understand how the finals system works any of the top 8 have a chance to win with the odds obviously varying from where you are on the ladder going into finals. Cleary teams finishing 5-8 have alot smaller chance of winning the GF.

So please tell me how this differs from your understanding of how the finals system works ?

Pretty straight forward
And then you'll wake up.

Firstly, im not saying the Blues will win the flag from 8th this season. Secondly if you understand how the finals system works any of the top 8 have a chance to win with the odds obviously varying from where you are on the ladder going into finals. Cleary teams finishing 5-8 have alot smaller chance of winning the GF.

So please tell me how this differs from your understanding of how the finals system works ?
Maybe go back to the original post I responded to, and tell me how 'any team in the 8 can win the flag, because it's so open this year'...

Maybe start with Carlton's probability of winning it, given their starting position, form leading into the finals, cohesion of playing group, etc.

Go.

Pretty straight forward
I hate to be the Grinch Wormy but;
You forgot a few other things that will need to happen.

Curnow will need to play well in finals for once. So he'll need about 43 free kicks.
The other teams that are better than you will have to really shit the bed to lose to Carlton.
Even if they do.... Carlton would have to NOT shit the bed even once across 4 high pressure games. And we all know how well Carlton handle the pressure don't wešŸ¤£
Someone else other than Cripps would have to dominate in the midfield across all 4 games. Won't be Walsh obviously so who??

Curnow will need to play well in finals for once. So he'll need about 43 free kicks.
The other teams that are better than you will have to really shit the bed to lose to Carlton.
Even if they do.... Carlton would have to NOT shit the bed even once across 4 high pressure games. And we all know how well Carlton handle the pressure don't wešŸ¤£
Someone else other than Cripps would have to dominate in the midfield across all 4 games. Won't be Walsh obviously so who??
I don't think Voss has learnt his lessons yet, picked a bunch of injured players, too many, it'll be over quickly imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoā€™s this knob. šŸ‘†šŸ¼

Supporter of another club not playing finals, unlike Carlton.

Oh well, at least we have the first round of the most even draft, with many great prospects, to look forward to.

Oh, oh no. Oh dear.

You clearly didn't understand the tone of my post. I wasn't being particularly serious but gotta be in it to win it

Maybe go back to the original post I responded to, and tell me how 'any team in the 8 can win the flag, because it's so open this year'...

Maybe start with Carlton's probability of winning it, given their starting position, form leading into the finals, cohesion of playing group, etc.

Go.
As I asked please explain to me how my previous message is wrong in regards to not understanding how the finals work ??

Any team in the 8 CAN win the flag no matter how remote for some

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back