Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever watched a live GF win on a plasma or a smart TV while having a smart phone in your pocket with the ability to recall 9 11 at half time
You won't be doing it in any finals game that your team is in this season will you?

Heard it all before. You had the popcorn out for the Carlton v West Coast game, then again for the Freo v Port game and it turned into personal disappointment for you all. You must be eating a LOT of popcorn lately
Today is the real deal Wormy. It's Bloosday!
Much popcorn will be consumed. Many Lol's will be had.

Laugh away mate, we've had plenty over the last two weeks.
I mean Collingwood supporters laughing at Carlton losing is something that should be happening anyway. It’s expected. No big deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The collingwood/ St kilda game was more hilarious
You might be a bit humour challenged Wormy..That game was a snorefest.

On the other hand Carlton v StKilda was like it was scripted by Ricky Gervais.

Behind all game Carlton make a stirring comeback in the last to hit the lead with a minute to go. Bloosers fans have all jizzed in their pants and appear to be in a collective state of ecstacy. But then with 12 seconds left Bloosers somehow manage to cough up a goal to lose.

Cue the "hello darkness my old friend" shots of Blooser supporters in the crowd.

They could hear me laughing in the next farm over!

Ive got the popcorn out ready for the Pies game this weekend. Whoops thats right, they didnt didnt qualify for finals
That's all pies supporters have got for the weekend
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

That's all pies supporters have got for the weekend
Pop Corn GIF by WWE
We are lucky that way. If we're not cheering on our boys in finals we can always take second best and watch the Bloosers Bloose. For Pies supporters at least, Carlton are the team that never lets us down.

You might be a bit humour challenged Wormy..That game was a snorefest.

On the other hand Carlton v StKilda was like it was scripted by Ricky Gervais.

Behind all game Carlton make a stirring comeback in the last to hit the lead with a minute to go. Bloosers fans have all jizzed in their pants and appear to be in a collective state of ecstacy. But then with 12 seconds left Bloosers somehow manage to cough up a goal to lose.

Cue the "hello darkness my old friend" shots of Blooser supporters in the crowd.

They could hear me laughing in the next farm over!

I know one of the Carlton supporters that was shown on TV. This person has known real darkness in their life, a game of football doesn’t compare.

So what's your tip and margin please
In all probability, this is how I see it most likely playing out:

Brisbane win by 1 point when a last second Cripps goal is score reviewed after the final siren and declared a behind. Cripps has kicked it from 50m tight on the boundary line and it goes through the middle. Amazing kick. The ecstacy Carlton fans feel is unreal!

But the review shows Owies going for a specky and getting a huge ride on McKay's shoulders. He gets 5m up in the air and gets a fingertip to the ball just before it crosses the goal line.

But goal umpire didn't notice and signalled a goal. Field umpire quietly requests a review instead. Carlton were celebrating their win for a full minute before it was over ruled. Blues club song is ripped off the record player half way through (making the noise) and the Brisbane song starts up. So Cruel.

Later, Voss loses it and is caught on camera headbutting Owies in the race.

Yet somehow a majority of Carlton supporters are philosophical and not really surprised or angered by this turn of events. It's like they've become immune to extreme disappointment.
Most Carlton supporters immediately start talking about "next year" while others go home and put on a VHS of the 1981 grand final.

I know one of the Carlton supporters that was shown on TV. This person has known real darkness in their life, a game of football doesn’t compare.
That's a mood killer.
I wish your friend well and respectfully suggest that it might be in his best interests, if he maybe finds another team to support.

In all probability, this is how I see it most likely playing out:

Brisbane win by 1 point when a last second Cripps goal is score reviewed after the final siren and declared a behind. Cripps has kicked it from 50m tight on the boundary line and it goes through the middle. Amazing kick. The ecstacy Carlton fans feel is unreal!

But the review shows Owies going for a specky and getting a huge ride on McKay's shoulders. He gets 5m up in the air and gets a fingertip to the ball just before it crosses the goal line.

But goal umpire didn't notice and signalled a goal. Field umpire quietly requests a review instead. Carlton were celebrating their win for a full minute before it was over ruled. Blues club song is ripped off the record player half way through (making the noise) and the Brisbane song starts up. So Cruel.

Later, Voss loses it and is caught on camera headbutting Owies in the race.

Yet somehow a majority of Carlton supporters are philosophical and not really surprised or angered by this turn of events. It's like they've become immune to extreme disappointment.
Most Carlton supporters immediately start talking about "next year" while others go home and put on a VHS of the 1981 grand final.
Was Owies taking this attempted mark from the grandstand coz that's where he will be later tonight - he isn't playing. It's some dream but

Was Owies taking this attempted mark from the grandstand coz that's where he will be later tonight - he isn't playing. It's some dream but
Forgot to say: Late change.... Owies IN.

Owies is your barometer... Can't have the Blues barometer sitting in the stands!

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back