Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton might have finished ahead of Collingwood on the ladder, but was it really worth the bragging rights ?

They just got humiliated in an elimination final. Meanwhile Collingwood have a 2 week headstart on their vacation time

use-your-head-think.gif
At least we won't have to hear the "shorter pre-season" excuse in 2025.

That’s a positive outlook to have. The equally valid possibility is that a loss like tonight (60-0) will leave scars that will be hard to shake in future years, especially when interstate.
A long long time to stew over that embarrassing belting.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

In 1995 which was the last time the Blueshakes won a flag (yes, I know, hard to think back that far) a few major things also happened in the world. The internet, Windows 95 and the DVD all rolled out and ol' Billy Clinton was taking one for his country under the Presidential desk. Oh boy, it's been a while!

Be interesting to see where Carlton go from here. I think they believe they’re close to a flag so might top up, but the evidence isn’t really there.

They played in a prelim last year. But they were not near the top 4 (missed by 2.5 games) and won two finals by a total of 8 points against opponents who kicked a total of 18.31 in those games (against Carlton’s 22.15, so far less scoring shots). You have to think they were very fortunate.

It really is a classic recipe for overrating where you’re at. Have they fallen for that?

This year a more sobering 8th finish and a comfortable elimination loss.

They have some nice pieces but modern football is all about the midfield and they don’t look like they bat very deep.

Always good when the big fish of the small VFL pond continue to flounder....but it is getting old. As much as I've loathed Carlton and Essendon over the years, it's a bit boring seeing them always fail and wouldn't mind some of their fans see success. But maybe just 1 flag before another spell in the wilderness. But OTOH...

Be interesting to see where Carlton go from here. I think they believe they’re close to a flag so might top up, but the evidence isn’t really there.

They played in a prelim last year. But they were not near the top 4 (missed by 2.5 games) and won two finals by a total of 8 points against opponents who kicked a total of 18.31 in those games (against Carlton’s 22.15, so far less scoring shots). You have to think they were very fortunate.

It really is a classic recipe for overrating where you’re at. Have they fallen for that?

They have some nice pieces but modern football is all about the midfield and they don’t look like they bat very deep.
Peaked as a 13 win team, unless they decide to get a coach who knows what they are doing.

Voss and Beveridge (bar a freakish month of footy) just just average to good, not great, coaches. Coaches that require a ton of talent and other support to win flags.

Sam Mitchell and Chris Scott are great coaches. They can get results out of a seemingly mid table list.

Carlton might have finished ahead of Collingwood on the ladder, but was it really worth the bragging rights ?

They just got humiliated in an elimination final. Meanwhile Collingwood have a 2 week headstart on their vacation time

use-your-head-think.gif
They are a weird lot, Carlton supporters. When they shit the bed against the Saints, we heard nothing from them for 2 hours, then when Freo went the choke like the spineless squibs they are, and Carlton fell into the finals, a bunch of Bloo posters came on our board to flex even though they just had their hearts torn out by us.

Tonight was exactly what I thought would happen. 10 goals down. Lions manage the rest of the game so they are fresh for a GWS battered in the hardest final of the weekend.
They are as weird as a Donald Trump rally.

Thank god the blues had Eric Hipwood playing for them so they didnt finish scoreless in the 1st half!

I agree.

As the big 3-0 anniversary of 1995 rolls around, you wonder if they can 1. accept the need, and 2. rebuild in time to win a premiership before the 4-0 pops up.

Cripps is the big 3-0 by pre-season next year?

Scoreless for almost an hour in a big final. Would have preferred to miss the 8. We’re the team thatll always let you down. Good times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton will be fine, they all go 'woof' every time some unaccountable half back flanker manages to kick it 40 metres.

Good to see posters who haven't been here all season join the pile on. Saad unaccountable? Saved us about five goals with his defensive efforts against your lot a fortnight ago,

Nah. I'd much rather miss the 8 all together than have to watch the Pies be scoreless for the first 50 odd minutes of a final.
But congratulations on your team having one of its best years this century.
Reminded me of our 2020 semi against Geelong. Would just about have rather lost to West Coast the week before than witness that shite.

At least we won a final to justify our spot in that game though. The Blues fell into finals with their dud draw and Freo losing their spine at the end of the year

Reminded me of our 2020 semi against Geelong. Would just about have rather lost to West Coast the week before than witness that shite.

At least we won a final to justify our spot in that game though. The Blues fell into finals with their dud draw and Freo losing their spine at the end of the year
I just hope the Blues top up for another crack at losing the qualifier next year.

Do not want them realising they need a rebuild and a new coach just yet. That way, by the time they do, the Tassie compromised drafts will have arrived.🤣.

I just hope the Blues top up for another crack at losing the qualifier next year.

Do not want them realising they need a rebuild and a new coach just yet. That way, by the time they do, the Tassie compromised drafts will have arrived.🤣.
Elite depth they reckon. Once again they failed to step up when they needed to. Look very good when the stars are up and about yet disappear when the going gets tough, exactly the opposite of what good depth requires

At least we scored in the 1st quarter.

That game was the start of the end for Buckley, we completely fell away in 2021.

At least we had actually had a few decent seasons under Bucks.

Poor Baggers

I feel like this year is a draw.

Pies failed to beat Carlton by a couple of percent during the H&A but then Carlton said hold my beer and went 60-0 in a final. All kinda evens out in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back