Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Since round 13 three months ago, Carlton won three games. Against only the bottom three sides.Two of those were double ups, gifted to them despite their high ladder position last year. No idea how the AFL allowed that to happen.
For the entire season they won just four games against the top 8 sides, (including us as 8th) and lost nine. Collingwood had a good record against the top 8 teams and the ones they did lose they were competitive in besides the second game vs hawks, we did that without any of our inside mids from 2022/2023 season which was already a slight weakness of ours. So you can tell why I am pretty confident In us bouncing back and having a much better season then the blue baggers. Wouldn't shock me if we end up in another GF while Carlton are sacking another coach😂

Three flags in seventy years, 1915, 1938, 1970, 1979 and 1981, losing a grand final to St Kilda, and their so called "all mighty team" finishing below an injury ridden Carlton team this year.

It was well worth denying them a finals spot, the facts are that finishing above Collingwood is a premiership in itself to Carlton.

I won't shy away from this fight i won't back down, Collingwood are a bigger joke of a club than Carlton!

It will take more than a replay win against St Kilda, and a corrupt umpiring influenced flag win to convince me otherwise!
60-0 [the defence rests]

Three flags in seventy years.
The old “ThReE fLaGs In 70 YeArS’ myth rears its ugly head again.

It’s 4 flags in 66 years, or 5 flags in 71 years.

1953, 1958, 1990, 2010, 2023. Carlton supporters need to learn to count properly.

Three flags in seventy years, 1915, 1938, 1970, 1979 and 1981, losing a grand final to St Kilda, and their so called "all mighty team" finishing below an injury ridden Carlton team this year.

It was well worth denying them a finals spot, the facts are that finishing above Collingwood is a premiership in itself to Carlton.

I won't shy away from this fight i won't back down, Collingwood are a bigger joke of a club than Carlton!

It will take more than a replay win against St Kilda, and a corrupt umpiring influenced flag win to convince me otherwise!
Once again the almighty Bluebagger supporters roll out the punching down on St Kilda. Why are they so obsessed with potting St Kilda to prove their strength?

And more importantly, why do they continue to overlook the fact that St Kilda have been a significantly more consistent and successful side than Carlton in the 21st century? Carlton should be trying to emulate St Kilda, a club that has at least seriously contested for several premierships since Carlton's last premiership, and have only been seriously unlucky not to hoist a cup for their efforts. Carlton's crowning glory this century was finishing 2.5 games out of the top four in 2023, and fluking their way through a semi-final to fall well short of Brisbane the following week despite kicking the first 5 goals.

St Kilda are a significantly more respected club in this league and don't lower the standards across the league to the lengths that Carlton do.

Once again the almighty Bluebagger supporters roll out the punching down on St Kilda. Why are they so obsessed with potting St Kilda to prove their strength?

And more importantly, why do they continue to overlook the fact that St Kilda have been a significantly more consistent and successful side than Carlton in the 21st century? Carlton should be trying to emulate St Kilda, a club that has at least seriously contested for several premierships since Carlton's last premiership, and have only been seriously unlucky not to hoist a cup for their efforts. Carlton's crowning glory this century was finishing 2.5 games out of the top four in 2023, and fluking their way through a semi-final to fall well short of Brisbane the following week despite kicking the first 5 goals.

St Kilda are a significantly more respected club in this league and don't lower the standards across the league to the lengths that Carlton do.
You and the rest of your Collingwood brethren, can come back to me when you've won at least eight flags since 1958.

We look at clubs like Geelong and Hawthorn when it comes to improving ourselves. We don't require any tips for success from the ultimate grand final losing experts.:laughv1:

He did everything that was asked of him, played all the roles even when he wasn't suited to them. Wife gave birth, flies back up to Brissy again and this is how he's treated. Wonder what that does with team morale?

If you ask me, I reckon the turning point was when they started selecting favourites, players who were out for a long time only to come back because of a sunk cost fallacy. And players who are in form and work their arse off get dropped, that's where the morale started dropping.

Then there's playing Curnow with a bung ankle until it couldn't support him standing anymore. Our management has been the worst in the league, and I don't think it's all Andrew Russell either. Word is that he and the head of football were at loggerheads, mis-communication, arguments, etc.

Your suggestions are reasonable, but all for naught if you have disunity that's caused by mismanagement.
At some point the camera panned to the bench and he looked absolutely livid. Now I see why.

I had to post this it's too funny!! Essendon are now catching up to Calton. They go onto say TDK isn't a grade yet and the blues have a bottom 6 defence. I think they are right on the money.

This should really be a who will be better in 2025 Bomber's or Blue's thread as it would be more fair by being evenly balanced. It's not fair Carlton supporters have to put up with Collingwood wiping the floor against them every year. I think Collingwood just felt bad so after winning a Premiership they knew they can take the foot off the gas and have a gap year, give Carlton a chance to prove their worth and they did great finishing in finals with the best list they have had in decades 😂. But Essendon are catching up to them fast will be interesting to see who wins the mid table scrap between the two of them next year. Another interesting thread would be who's the better coach Brad Scott or Michael Voss. For me that's a really tough questions as it's hard to even use the word better, maybe least worst coach would go down better.

Attachments

• IMG_20240908_022618.jpg
    IMG_20240908_022618.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 31
He's Irish he can only count how many beers he's holding
Well your clubs most successful coach was half Irish, but Black and White stripes just aren't for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think everyone’s being a little harsh on Blues fans. For any of them mid thirties or younger, finishing higher than Collingwood is the most success they’ve ever seen. They even got to experience “finals” football.

So soak it up Blues fans. I, for one, concede that you won this thread this year. Well done! What a memorable season it must have been. Maybe they will make a highlights package called “June Runners-Up” so you can relive it all over again. You should all be very proud.

I think everyone’s being a little harsh on Blues fans. For any of them mid thirties or younger, finishing higher than Collingwood is the most success they’ve ever seen. They even got to experience “finals” football.

So soak it up Blues fans. I, for one, concede that you won this thread this year. Well done! What a memorable season it must have been. Maybe they will make a highlights package called “June Runners-Up” so you can relive it all over again. You should all be very proud.
Definitely a must have one for the ages 2024 DVD package that blues fans can look back on and cherish.

That's stupid - this has been a disappointing finish to the year but making finals is not a waste of time. At the very least you expose young players to that environment - a few got their first taste of it tonight. Should only motivate them to want to be better next time.
What you talking about Willis Expose a few young players ? You dropped them in favour of the old fossils this week. Docherty , great story and respects to him , but not ready to play , Crazy Vossy brings his Port Adelaide 2 time reject mate in Orazio Fantasia land , Mitch McGovern the spud 🥔 in. Zac Williams , not sighted. Drops Cincotta , who would have been perfect to make Zorko accountable and not run around free and set up attack after attack.your young up and comers Binns Moir , Carrol Lord. All performed well previous game. GONESKI. Dropped. The gift that keeps on gifting. Extend Vossy’s contract Blosers.

6 page wankfest over the past few hours . Oh boy. Can we bag collingwoods performance this weekend ? No. Not sure of the relevance of posters coming in the gloat in this thread when their own side isn't even playing.
Each to their own I suppose.
Anyway I'm off to the good old USA to do the route 66 experience and will return after the melb cup. Hopefully the pies have improved by then coz their season was pretty shit let's be honest. Carltons not much better

6 page wankfest over the past few hours . Oh boy. Can we bag collingwoods performance this weekend ? No. Not sure of the relevance of posters coming in the gloat in this thread when their own side isn't even playing.
Each to their own I suppose.
Anyway I'm off to the good old USA to do the route 66 experience and will return after the melb cup. Hopefully the pies have improved by then coz their season was pretty shit let's be honest. Carltons not much better
Somewhat off tangent, but will you hire a car or do people doing this trip still look at buying one for the duration?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back