Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You held firm while all around you fell to the hype. I confess that at the end of June I was sucked in.. I thought Carlton were the real deal this year. I just couldn't see a repeat of 2022.happening.. Boy did Carlton make me look silly!
You can never under estimate their ability to let you down.
All it did was highlight that we shouldn't be labelling teams premiership contenders (and conversely non-premiership contenders) until we actually see which teams contend for the premiership.

It is a concept that was completely disregarded at the time - the Carlton supporters weren't having any part of Carlton not being considered a premiership contender at the time... How could the team who is second on the ladder and second favourite for the flag NOT be considered a premiership contender?

Well, now we know why.

So in which years of the past quarter of a century have Carlton contended for the premiership?
I don't care about the past mate it has nothing to do with this thread. "Contend for a premiership" is just subjective nonsense - you make finals and then try to win through to a GF where you fight it out for the premiership against another team. Pretty simple.

I don't care about the past mate it has nothing to do with this thread. "Contend for a premiership" is just subjective nonsense - you make finals and then try to win through to a GF where you fight it out for the premiership against another team. Pretty simple.
Doesn't explain why you guys got so upset with me mid season when I refused to label Carlton a 2024 Premiership contender.

All it did was highlight that we shouldn't be labelling teams premiership contenders (and conversely non-premiership contenders) until we actually see which teams contend for the premiership.

It is a concept that was completely disregarded at the time - the Carlton supporters weren't having any part of Carlton not being considered a premiership contender at the time... How could the team who is second on the ladder and second favourite for the flag NOT be considered a premiership contender?

Well, now we know why.

You copped a lot of accusations of being a "troll" for taking that stance as I recall. A few Carlton posters got quite heated with you because you refused to acknowledge the Blues as genuine premiership contenders.

You copped a lot of accusations of being a "troll" for taking that stance as I recall. A few Carlton posters got quite heated with you because you refused to acknowledge the Blues as genuine premiership contenders.
I was a believer until Vossy stole the wrong Scott brothers coaching notes mid year

There is no flag in that Brisbane Lions team. They lack the testicular fortitude to win a grand final imo.

I reckon beating an injury ridden Carlton team is as good as it gets for them.

Enjoy your moment in the sun Lions i reckon GWS will beat you with a fair bit to spare!

There is no flag in that Brisbane Lions team. They lack the testicular fortitude to win a grand final imo.

Enjoy your moment in the sun Lions i reckon GWS will beat you with a fair bit to spare!
I guess that says a lot about where Carlton are then.

Completely outclassed by a team you think will be completely outclassed in their Semi-Final.

Maybe I need to rework my formula for Carlton's 50 year flag drought...

Injury ridden - aka Charlie curnow was the only good player out. Same script every year:
Phase 1: blues are back baby
Phase 2: flag is ours
Phase 3: oh no we can only beat north, Richmond and west coast
Phase 4: are we even going to make finals
Phase 5: 60-0
Phase 6: blame it on injuries
Phase 7: forgot the season even existed over the offseason

Rinse and repeat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lachie fogarty and jack martin are some pretty big injuries, reckon theyd be best 22 in a team youd expect to finish around 16th on the ladder.

Saad All Australian, Cerra leading our BnF last year before being struck down by injury this year

Schultz a lifetime member at KFC
Saad is the bloke that left Essendon because he didn't want to play accountably as a defender despite the fact he can't kick? Great team player. No wonder his career has been decked with team success at his three clubs.

Cerra the bloke who was leading your B&F when you were 15th, then you won games when he wasn't in the team? Superstar.

Schultz as ordinary as he was this season would be Carlton's best small forward since Eddie Betts... the first stint Eddie that is.

Saad is the bloke that left Essendon because he didn't want to play accountably as a defender despite the fact he can't kick? Great team player. No wonder his career has been decked with team success at his three clubs.

Cerra the bloke who was leading your B&F when you were 15th, then you won games when he wasn't in the team? Superstar.

Schultz as ordinary as he was this season would be Carlton's best small forward since Eddie Betts... the first stint Eddie that is.
Saad who can't defend and can't kick made the AA team how??

Cerra who was basically single handedly whooping the Pies ass last season

Schultz is useless even ur own Pies nuffs agree

Saad who can't defend and can't kick made the AA team how??

Cerra who was basically single handedly whooping the Pies ass last season

Schultz is useless even ur own Pies nuffs agree
Darcy Byrne Jones was an AA defender once too. Nowhere near that level anymore either.

Cerra played an awesome game in what was effectively a dead rubber. So did Lipinski for us this year. Lipinski is no star, however. Cerra is the king of blokes who have 10-15 more disposals than you realise because of how little impact they have. A glorified Matt Crouch.

You as a Carlton supporter should know the value of a good pressure forward since you have none. If we put Schultz on the table for you and asked for your first, you'd do it. He'd go a long way to fixing the issues perpetuated by Motlop and Durdin.

Darcy Byrne Jones was an AA defender once too. Nowhere near that level anymore either.

Cerra played an awesome game in what was effectively a dead rubber. So did Lipinski for us this year. Lipinski is no star, however. Cerra is the king of blokes who have 10-15 more disposals than you realise because of how little impact they have. A glorified Matt Crouch.

You as a Carlton supporter should know the value of a good pressure forward since you have none. If we put Schultz on the table for you and asked for your first, you'd do it. He'd go a long way to fixing the issues perpetuated by Motlop and Durdin.
Schultz is going to go off next year, I'm tipping 60 goals/assists and AA squad 👍

Once again 8th is closer to 4th than 13th
  • You predicted Collingwood will finish higher than Carlton - wrong
  • You predicted Carlton would finish 13th - wrong
  • You predicted Collingwood would make finals - wrong
The only prediction you got right was Carlton wouldn't make a GF. Considering your previous calculations assume every team is a 1/18 chance of winning the flag you are a 8/9 chance of being right.

Looking forward to your 2025 predictions!

**** sake mate, don’t complicate it for Fadge. Put it in simpler terms.

Is it true that you also receive a complimentary set of dentures when you purchase a Collingwood membership?:D

They may as well throw in a set of prescription glasses as well considering some Pies supporters inability to read the ladder!:laughv1:

Looking ahead to 2025, teams that are already comfortably better than Carlton:
Sydney
GWS
Geelong
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs

Teams on an upward trend that will leapfrog Carlton:
Fremantle
Gold Coast

Teams expected to be on about the same level as Carlton:
St. Kilda
Adelaide
Essendon

Teams I'd expect Carlton to finish ahead of:
Melbourne
North Melbourne
West Coast
Richmond

Par for Carlton therefore will be anywhere between an 11th to 14th placed finish in 2025.

Suspect I'll be predicting 13th again.

Another day and we'll get the same 50 posts from Fadge but let this sink in

Carlton is better in 2024.​

The neutrals have spoken in this thread, and they are unanimous in the fact Collingwood were better than Carlton in 2024.

A desperate thread title update by a desperate Carlton supporting moderator doesn't change that fact.

Also, Collingwood had a down year immediately after the highs of a premiership, and will revert to the norm in 2025 as a premiership contender.

This Carlton list has peaked as a mid table team.

If you accept the truth, you'll avoid disappointment that awaits you in 2025.

The neutrals have spoken in this thread, and they are unanimous in the fact Collingwood were better than Carlton in 2024.

A desperate thread title update by a desperate Carlton supporting moderator doesn't change that fact.

Also, Collingwood had a down year immediately after the highs of a premiership, and will revert to the norm in 2025 as a premiership contender.

This Carlton list has peaked as a mid table team.

If you accept the truth, you'll avoid disappointment that awaits you in 2025.
Show me the scores from Collingwoods game in the first week of the finals then, if you can't means they didn't make it, Oh my.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back