Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Show me the scores from Collingwoods game in the first week of the finals then, if you can't means they didn't make it, Oh my.
My favourite part is the reference to the "neutrals". Imagine still clutching onto the idea of neutrals in this thread

Last edited:

My favourite part is reference to the "neutrals". Imagine still clutching onto the idea of neutrals in this thread
Carlton winning the thread has cut them deep, it' hilarious.

Really?

So 'neutrals' align with Collingwood ahead of Carlton as a general rule?
No. There are non-Carlton supporters on here who have shown strong bias against the Pies as well. I do think there have been far less than the other way (in this thread) but when you have teams like Carlton and Collingwood there are no such things as neutrals

No. There are non-Carlton supporters on here who have shown strong bias against the Pies as well. I do think there have been far less than the other way (in this thread) but when you have teams like Carlton and Collingwood there are no such things as neutrals
We've got Richmond weirdos cupping both our balls so its a bit confusing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?

So 'neutrals' align with Collingwood ahead of Carlton as a general rule?
Anyone that knows me knows I adore my Magpies, a rule that generally applies to "the people's champions" Collingwood. Perennially beloved by neutrals - are good old Collingwood. Especially by Cats supporters, given our clubs have faced off in big finals this century more than anyone. That makes us brothers, just like Geelong/Hawthorn supporters are in perfect harmony.

Don't get me started on the Blues though, who Geelong have really not had a big match against since 1995. Damn you Williams! Damn you Kouta! Damn you Sticks! From that day I always thought "If there is football to be discussed 30 years from now, I will NEVER side with these Navy Blue Bastards!".

Anyone that knows me knows I adore my Magpies, a rule that generally applies to "the people's champions" Collingwood. Perennially beloved by neutrals - are good old Collingwood. Especially by Cats supporters, given our clubs have faced off in big finals this century more than anyone. That makes us brothers, just like Geelong/Hawthorn supporters are in perfect harmony.

Don't get me started on the Blues though, who Geelong have really not had a big match against since 1995. Damn you Williams! Damn you Kouta! Damn you Sticks! From that day I always thought "If there is football to be discussed 30 years from now, I will NEVER side with these Navy Blue Bastards!".
Get a random off the street who knows nothing about the person and get them to review every single post the poster has made on this thread. I guarantee you not one will be seen as neutral.

What posters are like on here and what they are like in reality are two completely different things.

The biggest joke in the fixturing this year was a MCG tenant getting an "away" game against a Marvel tenant at the MCG.
They finally decided to balance out the fact that the same MCG tenant always gets a "home" game against a Marvel tenant at Marvel.

The MCG tenant getting a "home" game against a Marvel tenant at Marvel has happened for the last 20 seasons...why have you not been vocal about that joke?

Get a random off the street who knows nothing about the person and get them to review every single post the poster has made on this thread. I guarantee you not one will be seen as neutral.

What posters are like on here and what they are like in reality are two completely different things.
You don't have to believe me but no, through my life as a supporter I have never had anything that goes beyond a begrudging respect for Collingwood (from about 2002 when they took it up to that great Brisbane team) and complete apathy for Carlton. The Collingwood respect/annoyance consolidated by some frightful hidings they gave Geelong, in among some of the toughest finals the Cats faced this century. It's wrong to say I like them, they fall behind only Hawthorn for sides I enjoy seeing Geelong beating.

Carlton have been irrelevant to Geelong as foes outside of the first half of the '90s. As Cats supporters we don't have these ingrained rivalries like "Big 4 teams" or cross town rivals or anything like that. The one with Hawthorn sparks up when both of our sides are competing for flags at the same time. A few Richmond supporters want to hold onto some sort of rivalry but it's hard to care about a team down in the doldrums. So any tit for tat is just bemusement at their obsession with downgrading anything Geelong - past, future or present.

Boring story, I know. Maybe other clubs supporters genuinely do like Collingwood a lot more than Carlton for reasons I am not aware of. It would be a weird one, but it could be true. Maybe they just don't get along with Carlton supporters and it goes from there. Collingwood were always the ones that copped heat for their supporters, though.

They finally decided to balance out the fact that the same MCG tenant always gets a "home" game against a Marvel tenant at Marvel.

The MCG tenant getting a "home" game against a Marvel tenant at Marvel has happened for the last 20 seasons...why have you not been vocal about that joke?
MCG tenants are contracted to play a home game at Marvel not just Collingwood. And yet this year you say they balanced it out by giving you an away game against a Marvel tenant at the G.

Why would giving that extra home game to just Collingwood balance things out?

Looking ahead to 2025, teams that are already comfortably better than Carlton:
Sydney
GWS
Geelong
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs

Teams on an upward trend that will leapfrog Carlton:
Fremantle
Gold Coast

Teams expected to be on about the same level as Carlton:
St. Kilda
Adelaide
Essendon

Teams I'd expect Carlton to finish ahead of:
Melbourne
North Melbourne
West Coast
Richmond

Par for Carlton therefore will be anywhere between an 11th to 14th placed finish in 2025.

Suspect I'll be predicting 13th again.
St Kilda have some high flying young talents. Owens, Philippou, NWM; Windhager etc with further improvement in them. I think they’ll make the leap too.

Even Adelaide are young and set to have a very proactive trade period. Lots of untapped potential there

You don't have to believe me but no, through my life as a supporter I have never had anything that goes beyond a begrudging respect for Collingwood (from about 2002 when they took it up to that great Brisbane team) and complete apathy for Carlton. The Collingwood respect/annoyance consolidated by some frightful hidings they gave Geelong, in among some of the toughest finals the Cats faced this century. It's wrong to say I like them, they fall behind only Hawthorn for sides I enjoy seeing Geelong beating.

Carlton have been irrelevant to Geelong as foes outside of the first half of the '90s. As Cats supporters we don't have these ingrained rivalries like "Big 4 teams" or cross town rivals or anything like that. The one with Hawthorn sparks up when both of our sides are competing for flags at the same time. A few Richmond supporters want to hold onto some sort of rivalry but it's hard to care about a team down in the doldrums. So any tit for tat is just bemusement at their obsession with downgrading anything Geelong - past, future or present.

Boring story, I know. Maybe other clubs supporters genuinely do like Collingwood a lot more than Carlton for reasons I am not aware of. It would be a weird one, but it could be true. Maybe they just don't get along with Carlton supporters and it goes from there. Collingwood were always the ones that copped heat for their supporters, though.
I'm a bit surprised at how despised Carlton seems to be with so many different clubs supporters.
They've been so bad for so long you'd think they'd be apathetic towards them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back