Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda have some high flying young talents. Owens, Philippou, NWM; Windhager etc with further improvement in them. I think they’ll make the leap too.

Even Adelaide are young and set to have a very proactive trade period. Lots of untapped potential there
Indeed.

Hence why I'll likely predict 13th again.

A couple of the teams that are currently around the same mark will leapfrog them.

How disappointing would it be to be a Carlton supporter? 20 plus years of building and rebuilding, to come to the realisation your team has peaked as a mid table side...

Indeed.

A couple of the teams that are currently around the same mark will leapfrog them.

How disappointing would it be to be a Carlton supporter? 20 plus years of building and rebuilding, to come to the realisation your team has peaked as a mid table side...
Was foolish of them to buy into the idea it was a potential flag winning list to begin with. So much more is required than piecing together some early draft picks.

MCG tenants are contracted to play a home game at Marvel not just Collingwood. And yet this year you say they balanced it out by giving you an away game against a Marvel tenant at the G.

Why would giving that extra home game to just Collingwood balance things out?
Not talking just a random game against a team like Freo. Talking about playing a "home" game at Marvel against an actual Marvel tenant StK, WB or North.

Pies do that basically every year. In 2024, Collingwood played a "home" game at Marvel against W.Bulldogs, in 2023 it was against North, 2022 against Dogs again etc.

So getting StK "away" at the G, balances out playing Dogs "home" at Marvel.

Usually it doesn't balance out, we play a "home" Marvel game against a Marvel tenant...but dont get the "away" game at the G against a Marvel team.

A great point you made 👍

Not talking just a random game against a team like Freo. Talking about playing a "home" game at Marvel against an actual Marvel tenant StK, WB or North.

Pies do that basically every year. In 2024, Collingwood played a "home" game at Marvel against W.Bulldogs, in 2023 it was against North, 2022 against Dogs again etc.

So getting StK "away" at the G, balances out playing Dogs "home" at Marvel.

Usually it doesn't balance out, we play a "home" Marvel game against a Marvel tenant...but dont get the "away" game at the G against a Marvel team.

A great point you made 👍
Richmond in 2024 played a "home" game against the Saints at Marvel. Where is their "away" game at the G against a Marvel team to balance it out? The fact is the Pies got it balanced but no other team did. And the reason you got it is because Saints wanted a crowd for Spud's game - has nothing to do with the AFL trying to make the fixture more equal.

There are fixture inequalities everywhere - look at the teams that split home games across Marvel and the MCG. Carlton and Essendon play MCG tenants at the G' in a "home" game and play Marvel tenants at Marvel in a "home" game. Virtually no home-ground advantage unless they play an interstate club.

I would much rather Collingwood's situation where you actually get a home-ground advantage against some Vic clubs (i.e., Vs North, Dogs, Saints etc at the MCG) compared to Carlton or Essendon who just get it just for games against interstate clubs.

Richmond in 2024 played a "home" game against the Saints at Marvel. Where is their "away" game at the G against a Marvel team to balance it out? The fact is the Pies got it balanced but no other team did. And the reason you got it is because Saints wanted a crowd for Spud's game..
With that, can you please stop your crying?

St. Kilda wanted to maximise attendances when playing the Powerhouse of the competition, and the AFL obliged.

This has nothing to do with looking after Collingwood.

With that, can you please stop your crying?

St. Kilda wanted to maximise attendances when playing the Powerhouse of the competition, and the AFL obliged.

This has nothing to do with looking after Collingwood.
I never said the AFL were looking after Collingwood. It's just a joke that they introduce even more inequality into an already uneven fixture. Why I also dislike some teams having two byes and others having one due to OR.

Richmond in 2024 played a "home" game against the Saints at Marvel. Where is their "away" game at the G against a Marvel team to balance it out?
They copped the normal Pies fixture.

When was the next most recent year when Richmond played a "home" game at Marvel against a Marvel tenant?

Remember, Collingwood do this almost every year.
The fact is the Pies got it balanced but no other team did. And the reason you got it is because Saints wanted a crowd for Spud's game - has nothing to do with the AFL trying to make the fixture more equal.
The fact is you tried for lame gotcha, without even realising the Collingwood is the only MCG tenant who usually plays a "home" game at Marvel against StK,WB or Norf.

A great point you brought up how Collingwood didn't get any fixture advantage in 2024 👍

Not all lucky enough to get 4 games against the two battling clubs to help them fall into 8th.

That delivered owen 60 though and another chance to laugh at Carlton though, so a decent silver lining to Carlton's gift of a 2024 fixture.

The fact is you tried for lame gotcha, without even realising the Collingwood is the only MCG tenant who usually plays a "home" game at Marvel against StK,WB or Norf.

A great point you brought up how Collingwood didn't get any fixture advantage in 2024 👍

Not all lucky enough to get 4 games against the two battling clubs to help them fall into 8th.

That delivered owen 60 though and another chance to laugh at Carlton though, so a decent silver lining to Carlton's gift of a 2024 fixture.
There was no gotcha - I spoke facts which was Collingwood got an extra home game this season. What you have gone on to speak about just further emphasises my point about the inequality inherent in the fixture each year before you even start considering opponent.

But like I said in my original post give me Collingwood's set up over Carlton's or Essendon's any day of the week. Any sort of home ground advantage is valuable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually...

During the press conference, and also Cripps and Walsh, said that Saturday was a reflection of their season.

If 60-0 is a reflection of your season, your club is not going anywhere soon.
We don't need to much and won't be going anywhere.

Indeed.

Cut and paste from this year's prediction?

Juicy

I'm still wondering how the Pies are considered certainties to be better than the Blues next year despite having absolute peanuts coming through in terms of youth and 3/4 their list on the brink of retirement?

I'm still wondering how the Pies are considered certainties to be better than the Blues next year despite having absolute peanuts coming through in terms of youth and 3/4 their list on the brink of retirement?
Well we beat Brisbane 2 weeks ago when they had everything to play for and we didnt, and you played them this week and was uncompetitive.

so there's that

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back