Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton folk don't feel embarrassment like supporters of other clubs would. I think we need to give them some leeway here.
They've become so conditioned to humiliation over the decades they barely even notice how embarrassing they are on frequent occasions.

I mean, I couldn't believe when I heard this morning that Jack Martin had requested to be delisted from Carlton. Is that the first time in history a player has put in a delist request? Of course it had to be Carlton.

Dear Carlton,
Please delist me.

Yours Sincerely,
Jack Martin
Do you know what that even means? A club agreeing to delist a player is a good faith move. If we traded Martin we would get a pick in the 60s or 70s which we wouldn't even use. By delisting him it makes it easier for him to get to his new club (i.e. by being a rookie pick).

Go make a thread about that and I'll answer - this one is about 24/25.
I'm just following the discussion topic.

If finishing above Collingwood and qualifying for finals in 2024 isn't a highlight, what have been the top 5 highlights?

I've already answered the question as to who will be better, so there's nothing more for me to discuss on that front.

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

Went missing once Carlton were 2 games clear and percentage

lol what whinging
Whinging about the big bad neutrals who so obviously adore Collingwood and despise Calrlton as football clubs. A theory that has been comprehensively and repeatedly rubbished. A sub section of Carlton supporters are mocked more, that's all. The pathetic "look we were irrefutably a better side in 2024!" routine the latest thing that people are ridiculing.

Whinging about the big bad neutrals who so obviously adore Collingwood and despise Calrlton as football clubs. A theory that has been comprehensively and repeatedly rubbished. A sub section of Carlton supporters are mocked more, that's all. The pathetic "look we were irrefutably a better side in 2024!" routine the latest thing that people are ridiculing.
Lol you saying you are neutral does not mean the theory has been "comprehensively and repeatedly rubbished".

And I didn't say anyone adores Collingwood and despises Carlton so please don't put words in my mouth. I said with teams that are as controversial as Carlton and Collingwood there are no true neutrals. Have also said there are some posters on here that don't support either team that has shown bias against Collingwood. I don't attempt to call them "neutral" either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are Carlton's top 5 achievements of the 21st Century?
1. Finishing above Collingwood on percentage in 2024.
2. Securing Mick Malthouse as coach.
3. Being the first team to finish 9th and win a final.
4. Having the most #1 draft picks
5. Being the first club to ever have a player submit a request to be delisted.

Darcy Moore finals 2024
Sesame Street No GIF by Muppet Wiki

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back