Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't made a comment about Geelong supporters...
Lol you saying you are neutral does not mean the theory has been "comprehensively and repeatedly rubbished".

Given you repeatedly reference me when you go on your "neutrals" complaint, it makes sense that I would talk from a Geelong supporters point of view. I note that you have not disagreed with any of my points when I elaborate on this topic. So you can remove any fantasy of Geelong supporters being included for neutrals who prefer Collingwood over Carlton. It is a weak way to discredit anything said as "it is only because they hate Carlton".

Neutrals do not think Carlton were a better side than Collingwood in 2024. They were at the same level, Carlton had a couple more soft kills but Collingwood held them off in the 2 h2h matches. "But but we finished ahead of them by %" is a seriously pathetic thing to cling to in this situation. Which is very on brand for Carlton supporters.

Lol you saying you are neutral does not mean the theory has been "comprehensively and repeatedly rubbished".

Given you repeatedly reference me when you go on your "neutrals" complaint, it makes sense that I would talk from a Geelong supporters point of view. I note that you have not disagreed with any of my points when I elaborate on this topic. So you can remove any fantasy of Geelong supporters being included from neutrals who prefer Collingwood over Carlton. It is a weak way to discredit anything said as "it is only because they hate Carlton".

Neutrals do not think Carlton was a better side than Collingwood in 2024. They were at the same level, Carlton had a couple more soft kills but Collingwood held them off in the 2 h2h matches. "But but we finished ahead of them by %" is a seriously pathetic thing to cling to in this situation. Which is very on brand for Carlton supporters.
the real Carlton stood up in the finals.

Given you repeatedly reference me when you go on your "neutrals" complaint, it makes sense that I would talk from a Geelong supporters point of view. I note that you have not disagreed with any of my points when I elaborate on this topic. So you can remove any fantasy of Geelong supporters being included for neutrals who prefer Collingwood over Carlton. It is a weak way to discredit anything said as "it is only because they hate Carlton".

Neutrals do not think Carlton were a better side than Collingwood in 2024. They were at the same level, Carlton had a couple more soft kills but Collingwood held them off in the 2 h2h matches. "But but we finished ahead of them by %" is a seriously pathetic thing to cling to in this situation. Which is very on brand for Carlton supporters.
The scary thing here is i think you're serious lol.

I'm waiting on any sort of substantial discussion about 2025 but they seem to be stuck on the era between 1996-2023 ? It's bloody amazing actually. Send me to sleep already
Pies back to top 4 in 2025, Blues back to bottom 4 ie business as usual

This is whinging Mr Meow
Double ups against all time bad teams is a valid factor to consider when things were this close. We are talking about teams separated by % only.

"Umpire influenced results" isn't. Nor are injuries.

It can still be argued either way and was close enough that almost every single supporter of either club thinks their club was better this year.

It's a draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The scary thing here is i think you're serious lol.
Elaborate on which points you think are terrifying. Go on, use your words.

Try and tell me that a) Geelong supporters like Collingwood more than Carlton, b) neutrals think Carlton was irrefutably a better side than Collingwood in 2024 or c) people don't consider the amount of times sides faced the clear worst 2 teams this season. In fact try and tell me you believe all 3 things.

Irrefutable proof that in a competition with a lopsided draw, the ladder can lie. And it did in 2024.
Carlton played North & Richmond twice.
Carlton took advantage of their soft draw.
Collingwood beat Carlton twice.
Collingwood beat the side that humiliated Carlton in the Finals - twice.
Collingwood was irrefutably better than Carlton in 2024.
Happy 29th anniversary.
1726277200981.png

Elaborate on which points you think are terrifying. Go on, use your words.

Try and tell me that a) Geelong supporters like Collingwood more than Carlton, b) neutrals think Carlton was irrefutably a better side than Collingwood in 2024 or c) people don't consider the amount of times sides faced the clear worst 2 teams this season. In fact try and tell me you believe all 3 things.
giphy.gif

Irrefutable proof that in a competition with a lopsided draw, the ladder can lie. And it did in 2024.
Carlton played North & Richmond twice.
Carlton took advantage of their soft draw.
Collingwood beat Carlton twice.
Collingwood beat the side that humiliated Carlton in the Finals - twice.
Collingwood was irrefutably better than Carlton in 2024.
Happy 29th anniversary.
View attachment 2110536
If Piws had've beaten Essendon just once this would all be different but Pies couldn't.

If Piws had've beaten Essendon just once this would all be different but Pies couldn't.
If Blues could have beaten Collingwood, the reigning premier, just once, there'd be no argument. But they couldn't.
Collingwood were irrefutably better than Carlton in 2024.
Happy 29th anniversary.

If Blues could have beaten Collingwood, the reigning premier, just once, there'd be no argument. But they couldn't.
Collingwood were irrefutably better than Carlton in 2024.
Happy 29th anniversary.
Carlton made the eight Pies didn't the system has been the same for years mate, it's 18 teams not just Carlton and Collingwood, if it was Pies would've won.

Not in the overall scheme of things. Collingwood have been on annual leave since may.
and Carlton have been on their end of season trip for the last three months, just after they did their lap of honor for their June premiership.

Last edited:
And I’m 2 people short of a threesome. Just because something seems so close doesn’t mean you’re in the race.
There were 9 clubs that were closer to 13th , and Carlton wasn't one of them . I believe the Dirties were factually , statistically, one of those 10 sides . I suggest you go check your abacus if you don't have one , borrow Fadges - it's never wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back