Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Finishing above our arch rival in 2024 is enough to cling onto I'd say, seems you want to bring up everything but 2024.
Enjoy.

Will the Club bring out some merch to celebrate this auspicious occasion? A DVD boxed set maybe (probably best to leave out the embarrassing final!).

its incredible isnt it.

the same carlton posters who think their club has had a grand triumph this year are also convinced the neutral supporters in this thread are closet collingwood supporters.

severe lack of critical thinking skills.
Yes you have been very neutral...
christmas has come early
you can see why carlton supporters refer to duds like fogarty and martin as 'the cavalry'

even those mediocre players are a marked improvement over jesse motlop
not very often you get the treat of knocking carlton out of finals in consecutive years. fun times to be a lions supporter.
lol at the main board carlton mod who edited this thread title
i dont see how adelaide's season is relevant to anything here
so long as carlton are lead by 'inspirational' sniper cripps they arent winning anything

how long before carlton 'win' their next spoon?

how many spoons can they collect before they earn a legitimate top level flag?
lachie fogarty and jack martin are some pretty big injuries, reckon theyd be best 22 in a team youd expect to finish around 16th on the ladder.
carlton's crowning achievement in the afl era is finishing above collingwood by 8 percentage points in season 2024.

what a club.

cb3ab1ead737f1cb2fd6591cd2f5863f

Winners are grinners ! :grinning:
2024 ?
Hard to stick to the thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am only speaking about people that do not support Carlton or Collingwood that post in this thread. Look at the posting history of any of them and tell me which ones you think are neutral. If every single one of their posts are just liked by one set of supporters and never the other that is usually a good sign their posting leans one way or the other. It may be the club, it may be their dealing with the supporters it's irrelevant - they haven't been neutral in any case.

Pies supporters were using the ladder in this thread right until they dropped behind - again I am asking for them to agree to an objective measure they will stick to for a season regardless of what happens and nobody has responded. It seems they like to keep it vague and lacking any clarity. And pointing out nuances that just benefit your view of things is just bias - that isn't objective analysis.
Damn, you are actually making me question my inherent biases to the point where I now believe Carlton were irrefutably a better side than Collingwood this season. A logical and unbiased approach, after considering all standpoints, is incompatible with concluding it was a draw. All neutrals secretly believe Carlton were better but will never admit it because their bias won't allow it.

Had these double ups already occurred when Pies supporters referenced the ladder? Did they ever say being better could only be determined by % if on equal points, rather than head to head record or dissection of the fixture? If you can say yes to those statements then you might have a point.

You are now understandably trying to get them to agree to terms that can be applied when the sides are separated only by %. It's up to them whether they agree to it or not. Or else accept that if it happens again next season, NEUTRALS will declare it a draw again.

The more you try to emphasise it, the funnier it is 😆
He needs neutrals to agree with him for it to be true. We are a fair bunch. None of us are arguing Hawthorn was better than Port, or that Footscray were better than Hawthorn.

A creditable EF performance may have swung it Carltons way. They were shocking but we will never KNOW how good Collingwood will have been.

The waters are muddied. A draw is fair. So then we defer to the previous (2023) result, as we do in cricket in the event of a drawn series. That premiership means Collingwood have not been displaced.

Damn, you are actually making me question my inherent biases to the point where I now believe Carlton were irrefutably a better side than Collingwood this season. A logical and unbiased approach, after considering all standpoints, is incompatible with concluding it was a draw. All neutrals secretly believe Carlton were better but will never admit it because their bias won't allow it.
Once again you put words in my mouth - you can have whatever view you want that is not why I think you and others aren't neutral. It is literally your entire posting history in this thread - has nothing to do with you thinking it was a draw.

He needs neutrals to agree with him for it to be true.
More lies from you - not once have I said I need to agree with someone for them to be neutral. That would literally be the opposite of neutral.

Look through the posts of any poster on this thread - if they always only get likes from one supporter base it is very telling about which way their posts sway.

Once again you put words in my mouth - you can have whatever view you want that is not why I think you and others aren't neutral. It is literally your entire posting history in this thread - has nothing to do with you thinking it was a draw.
I didn't put words on your mouth, I made a hypothetical statement and wondered whether it was accurate. It felt off to me.

"Literally" my entire posting history? So I will be able to find an example of literally putting words in  your mouth in every single post?

Like I said, your theory on the determined bias of "neutrals" to discredit any view that doesn't align with your own has been rubbished. It's up to you if you want to continue kicking and screaming about it or concede with something generic like "I can't talk about this with you any longer".

More lies from you - not once have I said I need to agree with someone for them to be neutral. That would literally be the opposite of neutral.

Look through the posts of any poster on this thread - if they always only get likes from one supporter base it is very telling about which way their posts sway.
Not lies. Truth, my flustered friend.

My statement was that any Carlton supporters declaration would need to be supported by neutral opinion, for it to actually be true. If he said "Carlton have the best full forward" for example, I imagine neutrals would endorse it.

I do enjoy your meta analysis of like theory, but it's more of a crackpot approach.

I didn't put words on your mouth, I made a hypothetical statement and wondered whether it was accurate. It felt off to me.

"Literally" my entire posting history? So I will be able to find an example of literally putting words in  your mouth in every single post?

Like I said, your theory on the determined bias of "neutrals" to discredit any view that doesn't align with your own has been rubbished. It's up to you if you want to continue kicking and screaming about it or concede with something generic like "I can't talk about this with you any longer".
You are just making stuff up here - I didn't say your entire posting history was you putting words in my mouth. I said it was evidence of you not being neutral. And once again I haven't discredited any view - you can have your view that it's a draw. I don't agree and that's fine. Why I brought up the lack of neutrals in this thread is because some Pies fans were acting like those non-Carlton/Collingwood fans were the true arbiters in this debate. That is simply not the case when those supporters have shown consistent bias in their postings in this thread either way.

Not lies. Truth, my flustered friend.
Not flustered at all - just don't want to be lied about. Pretty simple stuff really.

My statement was that any Carlton supporters declaration would need to be supported by neutral opinion, for it to actually be true. If he said "Carlton have the best full forward" for example, I imagine neutrals would endorse it.
And I dispute this - if a poster only agreed with what Carlton fans thought then they themselves wouldn't be neutral as I said above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back