Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

250 pages into part 3 and this is what you can come up with? This is why no one likes Geelong supporters anymore
Being on the bay isnt a bad thing. I dont get why afl board posters think it is.

Banter is what the bay is about. May as well delete the bay if banter threads are going to be on the main board.

There is an unusual lack of pies and blues supporters on the bay. This thread would be perfect to boost their numbers.

Geelong and richmond one should be there too. Although i have no idea why there is a geelong vs richmond one.

What has that got to do with my post
Everything.

You said "late contender for post of the year"

to

"This is why no one likes Geelong supporters anymore"

Which was in response to a Geelong supporter saying this was a worthless topic.

I pointed out that you adored neutrals actually contributing to the topic instead of saying it was pointless. So I can't be in the category of Geelong supporters you hate.

You validated me and I appreciate it. I think we're going to interact a lot more often in 2025.

Everything.

You said "late contender for post of the year"

to

"This is why no one likes Geelong supporters anymore"

Which was in response to a Geelong supporter saying this was a worthless topic.

I pointed out that you adored neutrals actually contributing to the topic instead of saying it was pointless. So I can't be in the category of Geelong supporters you hate.

You validated me and I appreciate it. I think we're going to interact a lot more often in 2025.
I don't know any Geelong supporters enough to dislike them. I just enjoyed the post mate. Has nothing to do with who is a neutral on here. I just found it odd that this thread being on the main board bothered someone. Looking forward to 2025

I don't know any Geelong supporters enough to dislike them. I just enjoyed the post mate. Has nothing to do with who is a neutral on here. I just found it odd that this thread being on the main board bothered someone. Looking forward to 2025
One day we will laugh about this.

Seeds expresses many controversial views that are supported by about 2% of Geelong supporters. He is beloved, but an outlier.

I will defend the right for these threads to exist until the day you give up on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton fans being unfamiliar with the finals system is to be expected I guess.
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Talking about nuffies , who's contending for the 2024 premiership ?
I'd say all 4 have a chance given its prelim week.
In the same way that Carlton were contending for the premiership at round 13?

If Port get belted by 12 goals, after being belted by Geelong by 14 goals in the Qualifying Final, would you regard them as a 'genuine premiership contender'? I wouldn't.

And if Brisbane beat Geelong to make the Grand Final, after beating GWS by less than a kick last week (after being 44 points down), would you regard GWS as a genuine premiership contender? I would.

Nuffy indeed.

But I guess this is all about 'But, but, but.... Carlton contended for the premiership in 2023!'

In the same way that Carlton were contending for the premiership at round 13?

If Port get belted by 12 goals, after being belted by Geelong by 14 goals in the Qualifying Final, would you regard them as a 'genuine premiership contender'? I wouldn't.

And if Brisbane beat Geelong to make the Grand Final, after beating GWS by less than a kick last week (after being 44 points down), would you regard GWS as a genuine premiership contender? I would.

Nuffy indeed.

But I guess this is all about 'But, but, but.... Carlton contended for the premiership in 2023!'
Lot of "IFs" in that sentence.
Nominate your contenders now PRIOR to the weekend .
It's easy to argue the NON contending issue AFTER the results. Anyone can do that.
By the way , you had no input into last weekends games on the game threads - I take it Carlton weren't playing. Very transparent movements by a poster who said otherwise

Lot of "IFs" in that sentence.
Nominate your contenders now PRIOR to the weekend .
It's easy to argue the NON contending issue AFTER the results. Anyone can do that.
Yeah, we had this conversation mid season.

Remember, at that point, Carlton were allegedly contenders.

Of course there are a lot of 'If's' - the results of the season will dictate which teams genuinely contended for the premiership, and which ones didn't.

You would think your lesson would be learnt, but obviously not...

Yeah, we had this conversation mid season.

Remember, at that point, Carlton were allegedly contenders.

Of course there are a lot of 'If's' - the results of the season will dictate which teams genuinely contended for the premiership, and which ones didn't.

You would think your lesson would be learnt, but obviously not...
But who are your picks for this week OB1

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back