Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood won premierships. Carlton has a heap of draft picks and embarrassed themselves in the finals 10 years later. Draft picks are so over rated its not funny.

And most sides who win premierships do not rebuild through them. You should know,. your team was one of them, and now they are doomed to 20 years of failure because you have not 1 decent player left

What? Clubs win flags based off high picks all the time.

Hawthorn 3-peat:
Franklin - Pick 5
Roughead - Pick 2
Lewis - Pick 7
Hodge - Pick 2
Cyril & Birchall - Pick 12 & 14

Richmond 3 flags in 4 years:
Dusty - Pick 3
Cotchin - Pick 2
Riewoldt - Pick 13

Melbourne in '21 were littered with high picks.

Brisbane spent years at the bottom collecting high picks who played on the weekend - and look to be set up for a dynasty off the back of it.

That's 8 of the last 11 flags that have been won by clubs who have valued high picks - so you're just so blatantly wrong it's not funny.

I assume you're basing your argument off the fact that Collingwood don't believe in the draft, but let's just clear up that: Collingwood pinched a flag off the back of:

N Daicos - projected Pick 1-2
D Moore - Projected top 5 who you got as F/S for pick 9
Quaynor - Projected 1st round who you got as NGA.
De Goey - Pick 5

Once again, you don't get near a flag without those 4. Let's also not forget you got Pendlebury for Pick 5 who has been the rock for 20 years in keeping you competitive.

The 'draft is overrated' approach is losing its merit imo. Clubs are falling over themselves to access the draft this year before Tassie comes in, if draft picks were overrated then they wouldn't be doing that.

Last edited:
Not really, nope

Neither side played finals 😛
How many finals did Collingwood play? 0.

How many finals did Carlton play? 1.

Leave Go GIF by First We Feast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues didn't play finals, they merely had a brief stopover in Brisbane on the way to Bali to assist the Lions in their flag preparations 👍
I heard Brisbane were seriously pissed off at Carlton. They wanted a good solid warm up before they got into the real competition. Instead they got Owen 60.

Worst performed team to ever limp into a finals series.
Imagine being proud of that as supporters!😂

I heard Brisbane were seriously pissed off at Carlton. They wanted a good solid warm up before they got into the real competition. Instead they got Owen 60.

Worst performed team to ever limp into a finals series.
Imagine being proud of that as supporters!😂
Do we even acknowledge elimination finals. We generally finish top 4 so its worth playing finals. I guess the Carlton boys got a night away from the missus. Except Kennedy didnt want to. Oh dear

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back