Remove this Banner Ad

true blue boy

Debutant
Aug 11, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How will the Blues line up in 09?

Before trade/draft week what are your thoughts on who will be getting a game and who wont be next year.

Betts Fev Walker
Wiggo Cloke Hoops
Simmo Gibbs Murph
Scotland Waite Grigg
Bower Thornton Jamo

Krueze Judd Stevo

Hammo Browne Bentick Russell

Leaves out
Banno Anderson Edwards Hartlett Setanta Hadley Army who could possibly get a game.

What will the changes be ect?

B: Thornton Jamison Armfield
HB: Grigg Austin/O'hAilpin Bower
C: Waite Stevens Simpson
HF: Houlihan [draft/trade for a chf*/Hartlett] Walker
F: Betts Fevola Fisher
R: Kreuzer Judd Murphy
Int: Warnock* Carrazzo Scotland Gibbs

EMG: Hampson Hadley Austin/O'hAilpin

* - if acquired

Unlucky: Bentick, Bannister, Pfeiffer, Russell, Anderson, Browne

FB:Thornton Jamieson Carazzo
HB: Scotland Waite Bower
C: Simpson Judd Walker
HF:Gibbs Cloke Fisher
FF: Kreuzer Fevola Betts

R: Warnock Stevens Murphy

BENCH: Hadley, Armfield, PICK6, Houlihan

(Hadley will be good if he has a good pre-season)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HB: Carazzo Waite Bower
C: Scotland Murphy Walker
HF: Gibbs Cloke Kruezer
F: Betts Fevola Simpson
Foll:WARNOCK Judd Stevens
I: Grigg Wiggins Fisher Hampson
E: Houlihan Hadley Austin
------------------------------
Backline still looks a bit weak, would like to trade for someone there. Cloke is also weak, think Kruezer will fill that spot soon but think we need to trade for a good CHF.
Easier said then done!

Also need to stock up with a few more second tier younger players that are better then brad fisher and co

HB: Carazzo Waite Bower
C: Scotland Murphy Walker
HF: Gibbs Cloke Kruezer
F: Betts Fevola Simpson
Foll:WARNOCK Judd Stevens
I: Grigg Wiggins Fisher Hampson
E: Houlihan Hadley Austin
------------------------------
Backline still looks a bit weak, would like to trade for someone there. Cloke is also weak, think Kruezer will fill that spot soon but think we need to trade for a good CHF.
Easier said then done!

Also need to stock up with a few more second tier younger players that are better then brad fisher and co

4 ruckmen in the one side? Surely not.

Thornton Jameson Browne
Bower Waite Grigg
Simpson Murphy Scotland
Stevens Kreuzer Walker
Betts Fevola Cloke
Warnock Judd Gibbs

Carrazzo Russell Fisher Houlihan

em Hadley Wiggins Austin

I think Armfield might be traded. Hampson needs to spend more time at the bullants.

Not in starting positions but the starting 22 will be provided they are all 100% fit and ready to go

Waite
Jamison
Bower
Grigg
Anderson
Thornton
Stevens
Judd
Gibbs
Murphy
Simpson
Walker
Fevola
Kreuzer
Carrazzo
Hadley
Cloke
Warnock
Armfield
Houlihan
Scotland
Betts

By round 5 pick 6 will be playing... Cloke would have either cemented his spot at CHF or in the 2's with Hammo running around in the 1's, Browne will be pushing for selection for Anderson's spot.

Gibbs will be the Brownlow favourite by that time

You guys must have a serious lack of faith in your own development. Don't be so worried about trading for another KP foward or KP back like you guys keep saying but rather just look to develope some.

Don't be precious, but realistically you won't challenge for a premiership for another 2 or 3 years. In this time rather then trading for a 25 y.o KP foward/back who will be 28 by the time your chance might come around, you should be giving gametime to blokes like Austin, Hartlett and Edwards. This way these players will only be 24/25 when your window opens meaning that they will be able to give you alot more service and a sustained period of success. What's the worst that can happen? If in 2 or 3 years you still haven't found that player but the rest of your side looks capable or winning a premiership then you should be looking to trade for a ready made KP player

My two cents.

Here's mine:

Backs: Armfield Jamison Carrazzo
H-Backs: Bower Waite Grigg
Centres: Scotland Judd Simpson
H-Forwards: Houlihan Cloke Gibbs
Forwards: Kreuzer Fevola Betts
Rucks: Warnock Stevens Murphy
I/C: Walker Wiggins Thornton Hadley
Emer: Fisher O'Hailpin Bentick

You guys must have a serious lack of faith in your own development. Don't be so worried about trading for another KP foward or KP back like you guys keep saying but rather just look to develope some.

Don't be precious, but realistically you won't challenge for a premiership for another 2 or 3 years. In this time rather then trading for a 25 y.o KP foward/back who will be 28 by the time your chance might come around, you should be giving gametime to blokes like Austin, Hartlett and Edwards. This way these players will only be 24/25 when your window opens meaning that they will be able to give you alot more service and a sustained period of success. What's the worst that can happen? If in 2 or 3 years you still haven't found that player but the rest of your side looks capable or winning a premiership then you should be looking to trade for a ready made KP player

My two cents.

Your two cents are worth SFA ...
We have given game time to Austin and Hartlett and Edwards this year, poor Hartlett's just had a shocking run with injuries, but Austin and Edwards aren't good enough yet to warrant a place in the 22 week in week out ...
BTW How is Richmond's window going ? it's not been open for nearly 30 years now :D

My two cents.

Mmm, looks like minimum spend is 5 cents.

Your two cents are worth SFA ...
We have given game time to Austin and Hartlett and Edwards this year, poor Hartlett's just had a shocking run with injuries, but Austin and Edwards aren't good enough yet to warrant a place in the 22 week in week out ...
BTW How is Richmond's window going ? it's not been open for nearly 30 years now :D

Some of you guys have become so defensive of your club you can't even take constructive criticism. At no point did I bag Carlton or reject to weak cliches, all I did was point out what I thought was seemingly obvious. There is no point in trading for a 25-28 y.o KPP when your not yet ready to challenge for a premiership

And if you want to have a stoush over Richmond VS Carlton go to the polls board and resort to the great level of maturity there :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton line up in 09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back