Carlton rape, drugs accusations on 7.30 report

Remove this Banner Ad

She reached an out of court settlement from the Victorian Police when she sued the Police investigating the allegations for bungling the investigation.

She refused $20,000 which was offered by two Policeman to not make the charges in the first place.

Big difference.

Err, I understand that. Never argued that point. :confused:

You conveniently forgot to address my second point. :rolleyes:

Arn't the police speaking to her about another issue though? I got the impression that they wanted to talk to her about the drugs link with the underworld. They are not interviewing about her rape or bringing the suspect to justice. It is the drugs/underworld issue they want to talk to her about..

But you see it goes to her credibility. In her interview she talks about how the drug problem in AFL clubs should be brought out into the open and that it is just as bad as the NRL, though better managed.

She then states she will not assist police with what she knows.

But you see it goes to her credibility. In her interview she talks about how the drug problem in AFL clubs should be brought out into the open and that it is just as bad as the NRL, though better managed.

She then states she will not assist police with what she knows.

In fairness to her though, you can understand her total lack of confidence in the police. She reports a rape, they completely bungle the case, letting the suspect go overseas on an end of season trip and losing the file and vital evidence, in the meantime treating her like crap because she is a stripper. They apologise to her later on saying that because they completely stuffed up the case due to amateur or suspect police procedures, they can't take the suspect to trial.

And then they come back 10 years or so later, and ask her about drug links from a player to the underworld. You can understand her being a little peed off with them and questioning both their competence and priorities. Any self respecting person in those circumstances wouldn't be breaking out of their skin to help them with their enquiries.

In fairness to her though, you can understand her total lack of confidence in the police. She reports a rape, they completely bungle the case, letting the suspect go overseas on an end of season trip and losing the file and vital evidence, in the meantime treating her like crap because she is a stripper. They apologise to her later on saying that because they completely stuffed up the case due to amateur or suspect police procedures, they can't take the suspect to trial.

And then they come back 10 years or so later, and ask her about drug links from a player to the underworld. You can understand her being a little peed off with them and questioning both their competence and priorities. Any self respecting person in those circumstances wouldn't be breaking out of their skin to help them with their enquiries.

I can understand she was pissed at the initial bungle (for which she has been compensated).

I can not understand someone getting up on a soap box singing and dancing, then refusing to follow through by assisting the police.

Does not compute.

Err, I understand that. Never argued that point. :confused:

You conveniently forgot to address my second point. :rolleyes:

I did actually.
If you go back you will notice it has been added.

Had minor problem with posting in the wrong thread and had to do some quicky editing and deleting.:thumbsu:

I can understand she was pissed at the initial bungle (for which she has been compensated).

I can not understand someone getting up on a soap box singing and dancing, then refusing to follow through by assisting the police.

Does not compute.

It is two separate issues though. Her incident in which she is enraged about was the rape and the subsequent botching of the police investigation.

The police want to interview her about the drug connection between a former player and the Morans.

Totally separate issues.

It is two separate issues though. Her incident in which she is enraged about was the rape and the subsequent botching of the police investigation.

The police want to interview her about the drug connection between a former player and the Morans.

Totally separate issues.

Exactly, two separate things. Police want to interview her about a former player dealing drugs to other players.

She says she knows players doing cocaine etc.

She gives a speil about AFL hiding the drug problem and how it should be brought out into the open etc.

She does not want to assist police.

Exactly, two separate things. Police want to interview her about a former player dealing drugs to other players.

She says she knows players doing cocaine etc.

She gives a speil about AFL hiding the drug problem and how it should be brought out into the open etc.

She does not want to assist police.

Okay, but the police arn't interested in which players are taking cocaine or the drug issue in the AFL. They are specifically looking at the link between the former AFL player and the Morans. It is more of an gangland issue than anything. Isn't it the Purana taskforce that is trying to interview her? I thought I read that somewhere.

I know what you are saying, why does she get on tv and talk about drugs or whatever and then not help police with their enquiries. I think though if you put yourself in her position and imagine what she has been through and imagine what confidence she has in the police, you could understand if she had such little faith in them that she didn't tell them anything. Even more so about gangland matters, given the possible consequences.

Dick Pratt died because of the atrocities his pathetic club committed. God had to get payback on somebody.

I did not know you were a North supporter Fred?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drugs are irrelevant, who cares which player sold what to who 10 years ago? If the 7:30 Report really gave a toss about drugs they'd be looking into the toilets following the Logies or some music industry awards night, NOW, but this isn't about that, this is another bash the AFL beat-up. Rape allegations are separate from any alledged drug use, and frankly it's none of her business what the players used in their own time, she's just being a trouble maker because she didn't realize her dreams of becoming an AFL players full time wench. Let the smearing stop, she can bring criminal charges or sue in a civil court if she says she was r*ped. It's freaking 2010 in a few months and event of the late 90s are being made a fuss of. Imagine if in 1980 they were discussing events in AFL clubs that happened in the late 60s? Move on FFS.

Okay, but the police arn't interested in which players are taking cocaine or the drug issue in the AFL.

Incorrect, the report clearly states they are looking into that presently. How can you state the police are not interested in investigating (alleged) illegal activity?

They are specifically looking at the link between the former AFL player and the Morans. It is more of an gangland issue than anything. Isn't it the Purana taskforce that is trying to interview her? I thought I read that somewhere.

Again, no. The report states they are looking into a former player distributing drugs to other players.

I know what you are saying, why does she get on tv and talk about drugs or whatever and then not help police with their enquiries. I think though if you put yourself in her position and imagine what she has been through and imagine what confidence she has in the police, you could understand if she had such little faith in them that she didn't tell them anything. Even more so about gangland matters, given the possible consequences.

If you get up on your soap box and complain about all these injustices, then help the police. It's quite simple. Technical problems happen all the time in police investigations.

yawn...who gives a flying ****

Certainly not a club with the moral standards of a Bagdag sewer rat.

I sustpect this is the real problem, a group ouf people and their supporters, who believe this type of behaviours can be justified or even acepted.

I wonder how long it will take until community standards inflitrate carltank?

I visited the Carlton board for a look and was disturbed to find some posters complaining that these claims should be made on the eve of their finals campaign... as though the damage that could be done is somehow equitable to the damage that has allegedly been done. One of the mods even questioned why this woman would be '...dragging up the past...'. Why indeed. Some of the attitudes of posters that I read would have you believe maybe she should have stayed a victim of rape.

A line of common decency needs to be recognised here that transcends football. I would be upset if this happened at Essendon, but justice is always more important than a football game, finals or otherwise.

Poor form at the Carlton board I thought.

Does not compute.

The issue that anyone else has failed to broach when responding to your lack of understanding is that of control. At no point in any of this has this woman had much control of her own circumstances. What happened to her was a violation of her sense of self and removed any sense of control she had of herself. Whatsmore, when this happens it takes away a persons confidence to defend themselves as they feel acutely powerless.

It was then compounded by the fact that when she did try to take control it was clearly shown to her that she had none, even in the one circumstance, in going to the police, where she felt she would be able to get fairly treated. It brings back all of the lack of autonomy issues and further erodes any belief that she actually mattered as an individual and that what happened to her was wrong.

Speaking to the media, face and voice masked, still takes courage on her part and is some measure of control of her own dignity which she would have spent 10 years trying to rebuild in some small way. Not helping the police is her way of sticking her finger up and saying "**** you". She is in control and has the self determination to make that decision. She has no confidence in them and that's completely understandable and I'm sure she feels she won't be made feel like nothing again.

I hope that helps you understand.

I visited the Carlton board for a look and was disturbed to find some posters complaining that these claims should be made on the eve of their finals campaign... as though the damage that could be done is somehow equitable to the damage that has allegedly been done. One of the mods even questioned why this woman would be '...dragging up the past...'. Why indeed. Some of the attitudes of posters that I read would have you believe maybe she should have stayed a victim of rape.

A line of common decency needs to be recognised here that transcends football. I would be upset if this happened at Essendon, but justice is always more important than a football game, finals or otherwise.

Poor form at the Carlton board I thought.

Very well said :thumbsu::thumbsu:

... and so seperates the moral standards of the non-Carlton fan to the Carlton fan.

Disgusting club and the soulless sicophants who try to defend the club's actions are as bad as any accessory to the crime itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton rape, drugs accusations on 7.30 report

Remove this Banner Ad

Back