Carlton supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

alex the great

Debutant
Jan 19, 2009
frankston
AFL Club
Carlton
I am just wondering if any of you have reserved seats and what the other supporters around you are like. Now I like to give the umps and opp team a spray very occasionley but try to keep it clean (r18+ sometimes thanks to mclaren chamberlin and goldspink).I don't mind other teams supporters doing similar either BUT the 2 people behind me at the g home games shittt me to tears.Now I didn't enjoy friday night either but from before the game to the whole way through all I hear is Carrazzo is shite weak doesn't put his head over the ball constantly turns the ball over and is the worst player in the league and you can substitute carrots for nick stevens , Chris johnson , Houlihan etc cause I've heard them all. Then the husband who listens to his fm radio lets everyone know how long their is to go even in the first q. I am not joking they don't draw breath.Now the only thing that has stopped me from telling them is A: they have to kids with them B : We have to sit near them EVERY home game at the g C : Maybe it is their right as paid up members to say whatever they want D : No body wants to see a grown man cry as this bloke looks like a bit of a nerd and would probably tear up in front of his family. I would love some of you to let me know your thoughts on this . Are there any of these sorts of muppets who sit near you? How do you handle it. Am I being a bit precious and I am not saying this only happened fri but EVERY game win or lose! Cheers.:confused:

At ethiad I have a few near me that always bag the players.

The worst are the russell bashers, 'How is he still getting a game!'. Do they not watch footy?

At the MCG though I've got good seats. :D

My experience, from 2002-2005 when I was living back in Melbourne, & over the last 4 seasons attending Carlton games at Carrara & the Gabba, is that there is a minority of Carlton supporters whose constant attacks on Carlton players are significantly worse than the most obnoxious opposition supporters.

I have said to my wife a number of times over the last couple of years that the whole spectator experience has become less enjoyable for me because I am sick of sitting next to/near Carlton supporters who run off at the mouth so badly. A prime example was the Carlton supporter my wife & I sat near at Carrara in 2007, who spent the entire game bagging Andrew Walker, carrying on about what a terrible #2 pick he was & constantly calling for Walker to be taken from the ground.

There is nothing wrong with having a negative opinion about some of our players, some of them deserve it at times, but to go on about it over & over again becomes extremely tiresome for other Carlton supporters.

My experience, from 2002-2005 when I was living back in Melbourne, & over the last 4 seasons attending Carlton games at Carrara & the Gabba, is that there is a minority of Carlton supporters whose constant attacks on Carlton players are significantly worse than the most obnoxious opposition supporters.

I have said to my wife a number of times over the last couple of years that the whole spectator experience has become less enjoyable for me because I am sick of sitting next to/near Carlton supporters who run off at the mouth so badly. A prime example was the Carlton supporter my wife & I sat near at Carrara in 2007, who spent the entire game bagging Andrew Walker, carrying on about what a terrible #2 pick he was & constantly calling for Walker to be taken from the ground.

There is nothing wrong with having a negative opinion about some of our players, some of them deserve it at times, but to go on about it over & over again becomes extremely tiresome for other Carlton supporters.

Sounds a bit like this board at times. ;)

There was this young bloke sitting next to me at Subi rnd 14. We were playing poorly in the first qtr wearing our Old Dark Navy Yellow. He was frustrated and almost lost the faith. luckily he was alongside a master who has seen much and thus did not walk out disgusted. We won that day, beating Freo at Subi for the first time in many a while. We may lose a few here and there but you must keep the faith in a game and in a season. I am critical of players but crickey some people at games go nuts.
Remember the last game I saw at Princes park. A 11year old girl in the "family area" yelling out - spear tackle the c**t. Break his fn neck!
Brings out the best and the worst in people and for a child to say this - well she must have heard it from somebody.
Set a good example people!

alex, easy fixed. Get the club to move you preferably to a guaranteed oasis of calm referred by someone you know. Happens all the time. Few years back I had this psycho screaming negative shit all day about Pagan and the players. He had a young son who looked like he wanted to die from embarrassment (the idiot will no doubt be surprised when the boy quits following footy altogether soon as he leaves home).

I commented that all the bloke ever did was talk negative about the club - any chance he could see some positives? Admittedly there weren't too many at the time. This shut him up and he sulked quietly for the next quarter. I moved at half-time and never went back. Nowadays I use my reserved seat card to gain admittance and sit anywhere I like pretty much.

The club will move you, unfortunately you might end up next to someone even worse. Good luck. :thumbsu:

Yes - both in the real world and on BigFooty. It just turns the more balanced supporters away.

Personally, I have little respect for those who continually bag out the same targets within the club they purport to support.

Is why i stand.

The 3 minutes in "i knew this would happen" people annoy me as much
as the "Russell, Stevens....anyone else" in the gun,

As much as the ones that think the umpires turned up with a specific vendetta against the primate sitting in row 12, seat 8.

God, they all annoy me, and they are my lot.

I am one of those people that lets the game play out.

at the G, i have 4 fossils sitting behind me, and especially when mclaren is umpiring, "its about time you retired mclaren". I think this was said atleast 15 times throughout the night. alongwith, "there are two teams out there ump" for even the most obvious and blatant free-kicks that are clearly there.

I suggest these people should retire to their living rooms, it might be a more pleasant experience at the footy for everyone. But it prob wont happen! def changing seats next year!!

At ethiad I have a few near me that always bag the players.

The worst are the russell bashers, 'How is he still getting a game!'. Do they not watch footy?

At the MCG though I've got good seats. :D
please inform me how he is still getting a game?

There was this young bloke sitting next to me at Subi rnd 14. We were playing poorly in the first qtr wearing our Old Dark Navy Yellow. He was frustrated and almost lost the faith. luckily he was alongside a master who has seen much and thus did not walk out disgusted. We won that day, beating Freo at Subi for the first time in many a while. We may lose a few here and there but you must keep the faith in a game and in a season. I am critical of players but crickey some people at games go nuts.
Remember the last game I saw at Princes park. A 11year old girl in the "family area" yelling out - spear tackle the c**t. Break his fn neck!
Brings out the best and the worst in people and for a child to say this - well she must have heard it from somebody.
Set a good example people!

Bahahahaha

I will never sit near the carlton cheer squad ever again. there is a moron girl who thinks she is the latino queen and shreaks at every thing, like literally till you think your head is going to explode, and yells at players and gets their names wrong every time? i will always, always aim to sit with the opposition cheer squad because 9/10 times there are less morons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the negative thing about having a reserved seat, but im sure no matter where you sit, there will be atleast one extremely annoying/negative person within hearing distance. There is a 50-60 year old lady near me at the G who is sort of posh and yells out the most immature things, and an older bloke a few rows back who sits by himself, and yelled at everyone for leaving early against collingwood. You just can't win, but have to put up with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back