Club Legend
Apr 3, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Big game for both clubs this Sunday!!
For your boys a chance to keep the late run to make finals alive and maybe even a percentage boost and some consistency found. For Carlton must be said a realistic chance of winning a game, has shown some good signs in patches last few weeks (specially V West Coast first half) and some key players are due for a big game against a side who still isn't prooven on the mighty "G."

Both Foward lines should have an advantage as both backlines have looked brittle in the last few weeks. Whitnall, Fev, Waite should pose some problems for the dockers back if they can get some supply. Whilst the dockers talls should be able to stretch carltons backline. Thornton on Pav, Livingston on Mcpharlin leaving Teague to take J lo? and bowyer on medhurst??

Both midfields have really struggled at times lately, bullies won the midfield battle last week and the saints and eagles have both murdered carlton through the middle during the second half in the last two weeks. Should be a very interesting battle in the centre, with Bell still missing could really hurt.

Cant wait to see the battle between two of the softest players going round - Headland and Houlihan if they "man up" on eachother, use that term loosely with these two guys.

Good luck, but go blue boys (we can afford to win two more games and still get that priority pick!) lol

This will be no easy game for us !!!

Will be going to pay respect to Shane Parker , but not cocky enough to expect a win ... Been a Docker supporter for 10 years now , So know what can happen when we mark of a win before we play .

If we play with some fire and spirit , we should win , But saying that Fev and Lance are due big games ...

GO DOCKERS

This game is in the bag...if Freo lose to this lot, we should give up now for remainder of season & try get a high draft pick.

Seriously, Carlton are shocking, Saints flogged them by 80points without Riewoldt, Hamill, Harvey etc....we'll be without Haddrill, Hayden, MCarr, Walker from our best team but I'd be dark as Kamahl if we don't win by 5 or more goals.

IN: Bell (maybe), Johnson

OUT: Peake, Murphy

McPharlin, Longmuir, Pavlich, Polak all to play forward, Dodd to tag Stevens, Josh Carr to tag Camporeale.

Bag

Wouldn't be suprised if Carlton flooded ala West Coast game as Freo have been proven to struggle against it. Freo must play consistent contested, direct football with mor long kicking and less fumbling and handballing. They can only get away with it for so long.

Having said that it is a game Freo should win, and they should make Parker's 200th one to remember for all the right reasons.

Plugga said:
This game is in the bag...if Freo lose to this lot, we should give up now for remainder of season & try get a high draft pick.

Seriously, Carlton are shocking, Saints flogged them by 80points without Riewoldt, Hamill, Harvey etc....we'll be without Haddrill, Hayden, MCarr, Walker from our best team but I'd be dark as Kamahl if we don't win by 5 or more goals.

IN: Bell (maybe), Johnson

OUT: Peake, Murphy

McPharlin, Longmuir, Pavlich, Polak all to play forward, Dodd to tag Stevens, Josh Carr to tag Camporeale.

Bag

They haven't any ruckmen as both french and de luca are injured.

They'll come out and hit us hard because pagan considers us soft.

So we have to hit harder, tackle harder, run harder and kick long

Also with their lack of ruckmen our 2 should be able to dominate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're a compassionate lot down at Freo, we like playing struggling teams back into form. However, I think we should win this one comfortably, we've beaten carlton the last 5 times we've played them and the G is not an issue for us.

Will be interesting to see if we drop 211 as it could be raining on the weekend!

I reckon Cook's gonna be so pumped up after such a good game last weekend we'll probably have to put him on a leash to protect anyone outside the stadium wearing a Blue's guernsey until he gets onto the ground. Then we can let him off and he can use Fevola's head as a chew toy after it pops clean off after another perfectly executed hip and shoulder, this'll be another compassionate act by us in getting rid of Brenda "The Joke" Fevola for Carlton.

stylor said:
We're a compassionate lot down at Freo, we like playing struggling teams back into form. However, I think we should win this one comfortably, we've beaten carlton the last 5 times we've played them and the G is not an issue for us.

Will be interesting to see if we drop 211 as it could be raining on the weekend!

I reckon Cook's gonna be so pumped up after such a good game last weekend we'll probably have to put him on a leash to protect anyone outside the stadium wearing a Blue's guernsey until he gets onto the ground. Then we can let him off and he can use Fevola's head as a chew toy after it pops clean off after another perfectly executed hip and shoulder, this'll be another compassionate act by us in getting rid of Brenda "The Joke" Fevola for Carlton.

Yes latest forecast is wet & windy. Bodies behind the ball. Caaaarlton will fancy themselves in these conditions. Cookie needs help, play macca rotating off the bench with cookie to keep the physical onslaught up.

Big Bird should play to expose their lack of ruckmen unless they do with the more mobile young johnno as a backup ruckman. Obviously the ball will be on the deck most of the day. Also playing Belly will be a big risk is he is not 100%
in these conditions.

Its going to be a lot closer than we all think IF weather conditions are as predicted.

wehavethepassion said:
Yes latest forecast is wet & windy. Bodies behind the ball. Caaaarlton will fancy themselves in these conditions. Cookie needs help, play macca rotating off the bench with cookie to keep the physical onslaught up.

Big Bird should play to expose their lack of ruckmen unless they do with the more mobile young johnno as a backup ruckman. Obviously the ball will be on the deck most of the day. Also playing Belly will be a big risk is he is not 100%
in these conditions.

Its going to be a lot closer than we all think IF weather conditions are as predicted.

A few games ago we were seen to be too slow. Schammer (with match ftness) and Peake have increased our speed. Bringing in Macca would be a step backwards at the moment unless he took schofield's spot. Schofield (imo) is starting to show the promise. It's taken a bloody long time. His body looks harder and his deliverys are looking good off the boot. Macca deserves to be in team (as I duck my head) with with Shane and he does perform well away.

If jonno was selected someone has to be dropped. With Elvis, Polly and Dodd playing it gets harder to bring find a spot for him. Unless there is a definate match up.

and hey i'm a no1 Johnson fan. But if it is wet and windy at the G an extra tall might be surplus to requirements.

Edit. Sharks bye this week Macca will Travel. Keep Blues guessing.

sirhanley said:
Am I right in saying Freo has picked up no new injuries from the team that played the Bulldogs on sunday?

No new injuries. We are close to being able to field our best team in round 17.

This week still out. Haddrill, Bell, M. Carr, Walker and Hayden.

The team on the park this week will be a very competitive setup.

dugrene said:
No new injuries. We are close to being able to field our best team in round 17.

This week still out. Haddrill, Bell, M. Carr, Walker and Hayden.

The team on the park this week will be a very competitive setup.

Cheers mate and I agree with what you have said.

I have us down for a win by 72 points. Carlton have got nothing except the wooden spoon. Don't really rate Pagan either. Apart form the fluke with the wizard cup, they are a pack of rabble and the super coach has also done nothing.
CC is a far better coach and will prove it this weekend.

This weekend will be one step closer to the top 8 and finals footy.

Dwayo said:
I have us down for a win by 72 points. Carlton have got nothing except the wooden spoon. Don't really rate Pagan either. Apart form the fluke with the wizard cup, they are a pack of rabble and the super coach has also done nothing.
CC is a far better coach and will prove it this weekend.

This weekend will be one step closer to the top 8 and finals footy.

Tell him he is dreaming. A win by 72 points- wet and windy!! Pure fancy
The Dockers will need to be at their very best to come away with a win.

Caaaaaarlton will hit us with everything. It was in round 4 (i was there) that the dockers put in a shocker against the tigers at the "G". During the following week suposedly the Dockers leadership group took over to get the boys up for Caaarlton.

Well the Blue baggers have been having heaps of closed door meetings and the press is giving it to them. The Dockers have the fantastic ability to run sides into form. Fevola can't buy a footy little alone find it in a game.

The dockers talent wise and form wise should win but this alone won't necessarily get them across the line. The Dockers have to smash them early not to give them a sniff!! The Dockers have to be hungrier

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton V Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back