Carlton V Richmond no longer in the Big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the weather was completely dry. Wasn't you there? :eek:

It had rained for a long time before the game, and it was predicted to rain for the rest of the day. As far as everybody knew, it was going to be wet, which would have impacted the turnouts. It was also cold and windy as hell.

It had rained for a long time before the game, and it was predicted to rain for the rest of the day. As far as everybody knew, it was going to be wet, which would have impacted the turnouts. It was also cold and windy as hell.

But that was not a good enough excuse for the lower than expected turnout for Coll V Ess. Why should it be this weekend?

Barely 50,000 there with Carlton playing for a spot in the 8, in dry weather.

These 2 clubs really do need games on special occasions to get good crowds. Where's the nearly 40,000 odd extra that were there for the round 1 match?
Oh that's right, it's not the opening game of the season.
It's not Cousins' first game for the Tigers.
There's no over-hyped build up for Cousins V Judd.
It's not Judd's first game for the Blues (last season).

The AFL should really look at only scheduling these 2 teams on public holidays, or the opening game of the season.
Even Bulldogs V Pies got more last night, at a crappy stadium :eek:
Complete and utter dribble from a moron.. 50,000 attendance is excellent for a cold windy(blowing a ****ing gale) saturday, and also factoring where Richmond is on the ladder with only 3 wins for the season. What more do people have to do, ffs idiot

To me, Big 4 will only ever be a company that control caravan parks in Australia.

Then again, i bet alot of Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon and Carlton supporters live in caravan parks therefore the name is apt.

Probably right. I guess we have not bee approved for Port Adelaide housung commision yet.

Probably right. I guess we have not bee approved for Port Adelaide housung commision yet.

You wish you were in there, those 16 year old mothers are gagging for it! But seeing as you are proberly saving yourself for one of the super models you have pinned up on the wall of your caravan you're not interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest crowd of the year so far was a Richmond home game.

Just a pity they needed it to be the 1st game of the season, hyping it up for months, and the whole Judd V Cousins gimmick, and a perfect autumn night. Not to mention the 15,000-20,000 neutrals just keen to see some AFL action after a boring summer.

Today the fans showed their true colours :thumbsu:
Let's hope you continue to get the 1st game of the season, every season. Or at least a few public holidays. Lord knows the poor old Tiges need it :eek:
Make sure they're early in the season though, with all the false hope that you feral sheep fall for each and every season :D

There is no longer a big 4! Maybe back in 1982 but not now! It is only a big 3 in Victoria with in order Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton! Richmond are noway near as big the the big 3 in Victoria and Australia. Richmond have about the same amount of supporter's as Hawthorn, Geelong and St.Kilda.

Through the Round 15 Carlton and Richmond Crowd was disappointing 35,000 out of the 50,000 were Carlton Supporter's!

Even through I hate the Blues when they are winning they are Just as big as Collingwood and Essendon in terms of attendances.

oh noes! footy being played during winter, oh my.

toughen up imo

You wish you were in there, those 16 year old mothers are gagging for it! But seeing as you are proberly saving yourself for one of the super models you have pinned up on the wall of your caravan you're not interested.

Nah,sorry. 16 year olds don't interest me. Might be ok for a pedo like u.
Haven't got room in my caravan for posters. nice try though. :p

yeah not a great crowd but richmond are shithow many did essendon and collingwood get to games against richmond?

But that's Richmond supporters whole argument, that they get great crowds despite being shit. They're continually proven wrong. If Carlton weren't a chance for finals, the crowd would have been around 40,000.

BTW, I don't think Collingwood & Richmond have even played each other yet have they? Typical ****ed up AFL fixture.
Essendon & Tigers got 73,000

But that's Richmond supporters whole argument, that they get great crowds despite being shit. They're continually proven wrong. If Carlton weren't a chance for finals, the crowd would have been around 40,000.

BTW, I don't think Collingwood & Richmond have even played each other yet have they? Typical ****ed up AFL fixture.
Essendon & Tigers got 73,000

It actually is proven true. I'm sorry but if people are going to blame the weather for the poor Pies/Ess turnout when both teams are going well then this has to be taken into consideration today, while I will admit it was disappointing. While Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton are the 3 highest in attendances, Richmond are still 4th and are one of the worst teams in the comp. Sorry but when we can keep doing that above teams like Saints who are killing it and Hawks off a premiership I think we belong in the 'big 4' still. Would you prefer there wasn't a 'big 4' and you didn't get the massive crowds you do when any of us play each other? If so, you are a moron. Personally I look forward to a season when they are all up and playing well, because the crowds will be great.

It actually is proven true. I'm sorry but if people are going to blame the weather for the poor Pies/Ess turnout when both teams are going well then this has to be taken into consideration today, while I will admit it was disappointing. While Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton are the 3 highest in attendances, Richmond are still 4th and are one of the worst teams in the comp. Sorry but when we can keep doing that above teams like Saints who are killing it and Hawks off a premiership I think we belong in the 'big 4' still. Would you prefer there wasn't a 'big 4' and you didn't get the massive crowds you do when any of us play each other? If so, you are a moron. Personally I look forward to a season when they are all up and playing well, because the crowds will be great.
typical richmond flog.
Your club is really really shit.
Will never be big 4 again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton V Richmond no longer in the Big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back