DynamoUltra

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I'm surprised little has been made of this, or maybe it's in the Bay 13 board (haven't ventured there yet), but in the first quarter when Lucas had a long bomb on goal, one of the Carlton players dived at the ball, touching it with his fingers before the ball bounced through. The goal umpire incorrectly called this a goal, instead of a behind, and hence Carlton were robbed.

How good was the Lions win tonight. :thumbsu:

Have to love dawks & tigger supporters hanging shyte on a team, after both their teams lost today, deflection at it's finest. :p

DynamoUltra said:
I'm surprised little has been made of this, or maybe it's in the Bay 13 board (haven't ventured there yet), but in the first quarter when Lucas had a long bomb on goal, one of the Carlton players dived at the ball, touching it with his fingers before the ball bounced through. The goal umpire incorrectly called this a goal, instead of a behind, and hence Carlton were robbed.
In such a close game, any number of incidents can be looked back at in that way.

From Carlton's point of view, inaccuracy in front of goal and the (unfortunately) usual skill errors contributed far more to not winning than one dubious umpiring decision.

In any event, the incident in question occurred early in the game, which means that you shouldn't allow it affect the end result anyway.

sherb said:
In such a close game, any number of incidents can be looked back at in that way.

From Carlton's point of view, inaccuracy in front of goal and the (unfortunately) usual skill errors contributed far more to not winning than one dubious umpiring decision.

In any event, the incident in question occurred early in the game, which means that you shouldn't allow it affect the end result anyway.

Your post just shows the class that is missing in dawks & tigger supporters, well done. :thumbsu:

mantis said:
Your post just shows the class that is missing in dawks & tigger supporters, well done. :thumbsu:

Dare I say it, but do you have an obsession with Hawthorn and Richmond supporters? That's probably more twisted and sick than an obsession with those clubs.

As it stands, Sherb is right, but should we look at video replays for such incidents, particularly when there are such high stakes involved?

how about Kouta's fluke goal and Kade Simpsons how would you rate it happening twice in one game. i thought simpsons was a fluke but Kouta
who's going to get Goal of the Round this weekend :D if it wasn;t for those 2 goals things could have gotten nasty
2 weeks i a row we had Posters sometimes you can go through a game with no posters

Essendon has Brisbane Lions lets hope Brisbane wins :)
while we got Fremantle

lucky Eddie Betts kicked the 2 goals didn't wanna risk if the last one been a pt migth been hard to kick another goal
lucas First goal defently should been a pt. what the Commentators said about not being up to the goal umpire was Wrong i know i'm a goal umpire and i had a simlar incident

DynamoUltra said:
that's silly though.

If that decision is changed then everything subsequent to it changes. Maybe for the better for Essendon, maybe for the better for Carlton.

From the preceeding kick in they might have put it straight down the throat of a Carlton player who kicks the goal....

there's only one incident in a game of footy that doesn't effect any subsequent play and that is the last possession.

Even events in the first quarter change what happens in the fourth quarter because players and teams react differently depending on the scoreboard.....

DynamoUltra said:
Dare I say it, but do you have an obsession with Hawthorn and Richmond supporters? That's probably more twisted and sick than an obsession with those clubs.

It's the other way around kiddo, we have owned both your teams for sooooooo long, that now we aren't doing so well, every post about the Bombers is started by you guys, even after you have suffered losses, very sad lot you are.

mantis said:
It's the other way around kiddo, we have owned both your teams for sooooooo long, that now we aren't doing so well, every post about the Bombers is started by you guys, even after you have suffered losses, very sad lot you are.

Where did I mention Essendon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DynamoUltra said:
but in the first quarter when Lucas had a long bomb on goal, one of the Carlton players dived at the ball, touching it with his fingers before the ball bounced through. The goal umpire incorrectly called this a goal, instead of a behind, and hence Carlton were robbed.

Thornton I think it was

Quinzate1 said:
Mantits supports Essendon. That's his/her major flaw.
A very bizzarre, bitter poster.

The old unoriginal use of my name is trotted out, by another sad little person who's team lost today.

I have to laugh at men using a male infliction to try & upset a woman, funny as. :thumbsu:

mantis said:
Shyte, do you mean Lucas doesn't play for us?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but saying Carlton were robbed is hard to show when one cannot indicate the passage of play that can lead to a statement of such significance.

It's easy to say that that one goal would have been the difference and just got the Blues over the line by 5 points... but if it was in fact paid a goal instead of a point the whole quarter would have been different. Instead of an Essondon kick in from their back line, the ball would have been taken back to the centre for a ball up and god knows what could have happened then. Essondon could have pounced back to kick a couple of quick goals and get ahead of the game, you just don't know.

DynamoUltra said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but saying Carlton were robbed is hard to show when one cannot indicate the passage of play that can lead to a statement of such significance.

Who did the Blues play? If they had have played any other team but the Bombers, you wouldn't have started this thread, admit it.

OH & you're not my soulmate anymore. :p

mantis said:
Who did the Blues play? If they had have played any other team but the Bombers, you wouldn't have started this thread, admit it.

OH & you're not my soulmate anymore. :p

I would've created it no matter who was on the bottom - not who Carlton played.

As for the soul mate, well, I've already got one. She was an Essendon member, now she is a Hawthorn member :) That's love baby.

DynamoUltra said:
I would've created it no matter who was on the bottom - not who Carlton played.

As for the soul mate, well, I've already got one. She was an Essendon member, now she is a Hawthorn member :) That's love baby.

Tell her she is a disgrace, I made my men switch to the Bombers. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Were Robbed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back