Oppo Camp Carlton worst season in 122 years: The Evil of Patrick Cripps...

I love seeing Carlton lose

• Yes

Votes: 199 90.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 91 41.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you use your former moderator privileges on me young lady!

The grandfather lived through it all. Went to '77. They don't refund for replays unfortunately. Jesus we were up that day as well.

Best two outcomes this year:

- beat Richmond by fourteen goals grand final day

- let Carlton imporve drastically, then make the big dance, and let them play off a sixty point handicap and beat them :p

Which to you sounds the more evil? :devil:

No 2.

Richmond we can do over in the prelim.:)

Can’t imagine how he sweet talked her?
He’s no wordsmith, no charisma.

Wait... looks maybe and she was young and impressionable.
SOS is an Marcellin boy so from my view has a few saving qualities. He and Gav Brown played in the same school team at one stage, northpie reckons he fed both of them at times, more likely he fed off their scraps.

Carlton were stuffing up before SOS got there and I am proud he has seen fit to continue that tradition. Story goes at the 2014 draft, just prior to the announcement he was coming back to Carlton, he was doing his last draft at GWS. Obviously knowing what was about to unfold he had an interest in who Carlton was picking. When they went Boekhurst with their 1st pick he nearly fell off his chair. GWS had Boekhurst on their list of possible rookies.

I spoke to Jo a bit after the announcement came and she told me SOS reckons it was going to take 7 years to fix that list. Into the 4th year now and its good to know it looks like he was being too optimistic.

Loved that so much, have been using it all day long. Even on non Carlton supporters. Amazing how much everyone likes it. On a similar note when Essendon were moored on 5 goals late in the last Q on Wed I thought we were going to get the chance to reprise the old line with a new variation. "Who kicked 5 goals on ANZAC day 2018?

Went into the pro at golf today, he is mad Carlton, and gave him the Naughton knock knock. He wasnt impressed especially after telling another Pie had sent him a text last night with "Knock, knock.....Owen who". Since then I have been double barrelling the joke.

IMG_5203.JPG

I hope they get done cheating the salary cap again and miss out on Lukosius :D
Outstanding thinking

Am an atheist but I will pray for this

Man, if they got busted cheating the salary cap with their current young list profile then that club would be in even greater shambles than any of us could imagine.

More likely to get busted going under minimum spend I would have thought.

Times are tough

Oh the shame

I posted this over on the Footy History board, in response to the question: What are all the other clubs worst start of a year before they broke for their first win in a round? Hopefully, it might be of interest to someone!:

Adelaide 0-6 2010
Brisbane 0-9 1991
Carlton 0-6 2018*
Collingwood 0-7 1999
Essendon 0-5 1967
Fitzroy 0-18 1964
Fremantle 0-17 2001
Geelong 0-13 1944
Gold Coast 0-14 2012
GWS 0-17 2013
Hawthorn 0-18 1928, 1950
Melbourne 0-16 1919
North Melbourne 0-18 1931, 1934 || 0-17-1D 1926
Port Adelaide 0-4 2008
Richmond 0-9 2010 || 0-10-1D 2007
St Kilda 0-17 1898, 1899, 1902, 1910
Sydney/South Melbourne 0-13 1973
University 0-18 1913, 1914
West Coast 0-4 1989
Western Bulldogs/Footscray 0-11 1980

There have been 13 winless seasons:
Fitzroy 1964
Hawthorn 1928, 1950
Melbourne 1919
North Melbourne 1926 0-17-1D, 1931, 1934
St Kilda 1897, 1898, 1899, 1902
University 1913, 1914

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/worst-start-of-a-season.1192494/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, if they got busted cheating the salary cap with their current young list profile then that club would be in even greater shambles than any of us could imagine.

More likely to get busted going under minimum spend I would have thought.

Times are tough

Oh the shame
Daisy is tipping them over the edge.

I was just reading their thread...started already.

I see you just ventured onto their board. :thumbsu:

I so want to post the link to this thread but I know the mod would just delete it.......sore losers.

I wish them nothing but the worst luck and hard ache for eternity

How Bolton is still coach is beyond belief

Bolton is the fourth senior coach they’ve had in the time that Buckley has been ours (Ratten, Malthouse, Barker, Bolton).

Carlton have been a revolving door of coaches. By contrast Nathan Buckley has received total and unconditional support by the Collingwood faithful, in good times and in bad. That’s what makes us different to them :p

My theory is that this club is so irrelevant no one even cares what happens there.

Really? The presence of this thread is testimony to a lot of us caring about what happens to Carlton. We care a lot. ;)

The Blues are learning what it's like to get injuries to key players in the middle of a rebuild. It's a recipe for disaster, and it's something Pies fans know all too well. I think we should take a good hard look at the Blues right now. Have a damned good look, because that could have been us. It could have quite easily been us. Be thankful that we have a coach who was smart enough to minimise the damage these past few years.

The Pies coach is still copping it, even after 3 consecutive wins. How's this for hate speech from none other than KB: 'The Pies have made such a good start to the season. If they don't make the finals from here, Buckley will certainly get the sack'. So I was listening to this crap on SEN, and it occurred to me who the smartest person in football is. I'll give you a clue. He used to play for hawthorn. He's got an enormous head. He coaches in the VFL. That's right, Gary Ayres. This guy could be coaching AFL, but he chooses quality of life over the size of his salary. He remembers quite well that as an AFL coach you get treated like shit every single day by the press. They don't let you enjoy the job for a single moment, and if your team's losing, your own club will probably turn on you. The job of Collingwood coach is a poison chalice. The only reason Buckley does it, is to bring success to the club. He doesn't do it for self glory. In fact I reckon the moment we win a flag, should we win a flag, he'll call it quits. He'll pass it on to some other poor bastard.

Getting back to the Blues... My biggest gripe with them is that they humiliated two legends of the game, Malthouse & Pagan. Absolutely reprehensible. Arrogant pricks. Until they make a public apology to those people, the misery they're suffering now should be ongoing.

Not a huge fan of the Blues but I'm not sure why we need to sit here and shit on them. We have our own shit to sort out like not making the finals for 4 years. A few weeks back we were a joke ourselves.

Not a huge fan of the Blues but I'm not sure why we need to sit here and shit on them. We have our own shit to sort out like not making the finals for 4 years. A few weeks back we were a joke ourselves.
What year were you born?

I have ample reasons to shit on them and, thanks to the fried chicken I had for dinner, I seem to have ample shit to rain down on them for a long, long time.

Growing up in the 70s and 80s, i can confirm that Carlton supporters are THE WORST when they are winning. There isn't a supporter group that comes close.

Their tears sustain me.

Funny thing is I remember having a bit of a tit for tat last year with some of our supporters about Brendan Boulton and that I didn’t rate him...some people were rehemently defending him and suggesting he was a good coach....

I think the fact even MM couldn’t turn that rabble around is testament to the fact they are in a complete mess as a club...without cheating they are an also ran.

Thanks for not being a miserable sod or anything. Learn to celebrate mate... Carlton reaching a new historical low is just cause for any Collingwood supporter to celebrate.. regardless of how we're doing.

You kind sir/madam are by evidence of your post, very very young.

For us humble magpies that stretch a few decades on this wonderful earth, that have recollections of arrogance thy name is Carlton, arrogance thy name is john Elliott, arrogance thy name is Carlton supporter....

No! We will abstain from niceties.

The bigger the dump on Carlton the better, they deserve no less, but a lot more

:poo: Carlton :poo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back