Caroline Wilson renews push for Hird sacking

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon once again not commenting on the investigation.

Things that never actually happened aren't part of any investigation.

I think everybody's had about enough of professional trolls in the media playing out their sadistic agendas and taking completely baseless, incorrect and potentially damaging potshots at people within the club.

People are telling blatant lies and relying on the "silence" of those being investigated to allow them to go unchallenged.

Time for just letting it go is over. If trolls want to talk shit, they'll be called on it.

Sounds like Caro may have been off the mark, not for the first time, given Essendon's angry reaction re:Hird. Sometimes Caro can "over-chase" a target even if there is/is not previous truth.

Anyway, time will tell on that one way or the other.
Either that or she's right on the money and Essendon are using Lance Armstrong type tactics.

That's twice this year a club has called her writings factually incorrect. At what point does something get done about this pathetic excuse for a human being and "journalist"?

what can actually be done, thats the problem

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful could evolve purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God. The argument goes something like this:
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white, and gets killed on the next zebra crossing.

Laughable statement.
Does not disprove anything.
what a load of shit. it makes the very good point that she's either making it up, or sources are talking who shouldn't be, and Hird isn't in a position to defend himself. It's a very strong statement asserting she is talking shit, and I think it will get a lot of attention

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either that or she's right on the money and Essendon are using Lance Armstrong type tactics.

Hardest part is reading between the lines. Essendon keep saying things a factual incorrect but don't elaborate with the bail out of having to wait until the investigation is done. And Caro, well is Caro is all know so well.

So yes, it's hard to know who is right.

Bombers not in the clear yet over controversial supplement program

Essendon supporters have been bashed from pillar to post and, desperate to defend their club, are clinging to this revelation like the last lifeboat to leave the Titanic. Any other fervent fan would do the same.

But what about the other drugs? What about the allegation players were injected with the banned Thymosin Beta 4? What about what Ziggy Switkowski described as a "disturbing pharmacologically experimental environment''?

Why sack Ian Robson?

Why call in the players' parents?

Heck, why call in ASADA in February to investigate if they gave Essendon the green light in the first place?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/bo...pplement-program/story-fndv8gad-1226680637080

what a load of shit. it makes the very good point that she's either making it up, or sources are talking who shouldn't be, and Hird isn't in a position to defend himself. It's a very strong statement asserting she is talking shit, and I think it will get a lot of attention

Just contradicting yourself there.

She may be bang on the money and they aren't happy someone has talked.

Again, the club's PR has gone into hyperdrive, selecting single statements and picking at them.

They've just used 400 words to say "No comment"

That is a whole heap of no comments

Essendon once again not commenting on the investigation.

You're better than that, LP.

If Caroline Wilson is spreading blatant untruths about Hird, at what point do they protest? Or should they just continue to stay silent?

There is a difference between commenting on the investigation, and calling out an individual (Wilson) on their continued media campaign against an individual.

If Caroline Wilson is spreading blatant untruths about Hird, at what point do they protest? Or should they just continue to stay silent?

There is a difference between commenting on the investigation, and calling out an individual (Wilson) on their continued media campaign against an individual.

The essence of what you saying theoretically is right. Hard bit to know if they're untruths first though. Possible they are of course but time will tell.

The essence of what you saying theoretically is right. Hard bit to know if they're untruths first though. Possible they are of course but time will tell.

Of course.

I'm just pointing out that there is a distinction between commenting on the investigation and setting a few untruths (if they're untruths) straight. The suggestion they are one and the same is, in my view, disingenuous.

They don't correct factually incorrect statements when they paint Essendon in a good light do they?

If your mantra is "No comment" stick with it and be vindicated in the end.

I can just see it now

"The Essendon Football Club would like to state that Mark McVeigh was incorrect in his assertion that all players knew 100% what they were taking. That is factually incorrect"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back