Carracella or Blumfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
South Dragons
if both Carracella where both still available when it came Essendon's turn to pick in the PSD which one would you pick?

i would pick Carracella i feel that he is what we need to add to our forward line as help for the likes of Lloyd, hird and Cupido. although Blumfield is a pretty similar player.

doubt we would get caracella back, he left beacuse of money reasons and would think he would want more money now then when he left us. think blumfield will be in november draft, not psd

If Carracella goes back to Essendon because he is a reciever and essendon dont have enough players that go in and get the ball he would be useless

Snickers said:
If Carracella goes back to Essendon because he is a reciever and essendon dont have enough players that go in and get the ball he would be useless

Ball winners haven't been our problem. Hird, Jason Johnson, Mark McVeigh and Dean Solomon is a good combination.
Its been polish and ball carriers that we have been missing.

Longy413 said:
Ball winners haven't been our problem. Hird, Jason Johnson, Mark McVeigh and Dean Solomon is a good combination.
Its been polish and ball carriers that we have been missing.
But Solomon and McVeigh play backline, Hird mainly plays foward, JJ is your only ball winner and carracella is in the foward line you cant get it to Carracella in the foward line with one hard tough player. Thats why he would be pointless. He did well at Brisbane when he played because they have/had Voss, Black, Lappin, Power, Aker, Hart and co. who all get the ball themselves and give it to him. Essendon dont have that.

I tend to agree that Cara would be asking alot and we couldn't give him that, however I think it is well worth the risk. I think that the experience in Brisbane would be beneficial to our younger players and he could really provide some run to the team. I would defineatley pick him up ahead of Blummers as Blummers is too old and is too injury prone. We need a utility and Cara is that. I would pick him ahead of the likes of McGough or Fleming.

Caracella = Receiver
Blumfield = Injury prone
Solution = DONT PICK EITHER OF THEM BACK UP.

Snickers said:
But Solomon and McVeigh play backline, Hird mainly plays foward, JJ is your only ball winner and carracella is in the foward line you cant get it to Carracella in the foward line with one hard tough player. Thats why he would be pointless. He did well at Brisbane when he played because they have/had Voss, Black, Lappin, Power, Aker, Hart and co. who all get the ball themselves and give it to him. Essendon dont have that.

So explain why Caracella was a good player at Essendon then, with Misiti the only significant ball winner that is missing since his time. And how Matthew Lloyd managed to kick 90+ goals with only Jason Johnson getting his hands on the footy.

McVeigh will be a key to our midfield next season. Damien Peverill is also another in and under midfielder. Mark Johnson, Dean Solomon, James Hird and McPhee will also rotate through there.

cats_2005 said:
Caracella = Receiver
Blumfield = Injury prone
Solution = DONT PICK EITHER OF THEM BACK UP.

Hmmm, maybe we could convince Jason Mooney to come out of retirement, or perhaps Brett Spinks.
What about Mitchell White?

Geelong's track record of picking up recycled players isn't great, while ours is pretty good. I'm pretty happy back in our football department to make the right decision.

Also happy to have a receiver capable of kicking 30+ goals a season.

That being said Caracella will be asking more than we can afford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol what a silly thread. caracella is fair betta than blumfield

brilliant pies said:
lol what a silly thread. caracella is fair betta than blumfield

Of course he is.
And Brad Ottens is better than both...but we couldn't afford him either.

The question isn't which player is better, but which player will give us value for money.

Cara on a huge wage and fill up our cap, or Blumfield at base wage.

I'd take a fit Blumfield over Caracella any day.

That 2000 GF from him was magic.... and then he buggered his knee and hasn't been able to hit a target by foot since.

But if he can get himself fit (which you would think he would have to for EFC to pick him up) then I'd take him in a second.

I have no interest in Blake being back in the Red and Black whatsoever.

Longy413 said:
Cara on a huge wage and fill up our cap, or Blumfield at base wage.

But what is the point of picking up blumfield if he cant get into the side? I would have thought cara would make the 22 more that what blumfield would considering he could barely get a game for Richmond. But that in mind its probably silly picking up cara at a huge wage

Caracella is the better of the 2 but i hope we get both and we do as good as we did wen they were in our team in 2000 and 2001

The word is is that Blumfield is well in the thoughts of EFC but he has to be fit and training well by the PSD if he is to be drafted.

Collingwood will get Caracella.

Blumfield is training at Essendon, does any body have any news on how he is going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Carracella or Blumfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back