Carrazzo and the Tant

Remove this Banner Ad

Fehoola

Debutant
Aug 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just spoke with a mate of mine who works in a high marketing/sponsorhip position at PP. He said:

1) Carrazzo will definately play this week depsite being named in the magoos; and

2) the Irish expirement is almost "done and dusted."

Pretty Obvious re Carrazzo.

Havnt worked out what I think re Setanta

Just spoke with a mate of mine who works in a high marketing/sponsorhip position at PP. He said:

1) Carrazzo will definately play this week depsite being named in the magoos; and

2) the Irish expirement is almost "done and dusted."

Pretty Obvious re Carrazzo.

Havnt worked out what I think re Setanta

He probably will but I'd say he's being sent a message that he's on his last chance and with a few players to return soon from injury he could be making way.

Interesting news. Don't know why some people think they have to :rolleyes:

Setanta must be a nut job? His form this season was better than at least 1/4 of our list...

Your having a laugh aren't you mate !!!! I really hope that this waste of time has finally been put to rest - Setanta as hard as he tries will never be an accomplished AFL footballer... Quite simply he isn't up to and it is time to play the likes of Austin and more natural footballers and let them devlop... Setanta is a try hard who has been given ample opportunity in numerous positions - i.e ruck, fwd and abck and quite simply isn't up to it.. You can see that he is totally unpredictable to his teamates and they don't no what he will do next, he requires why do muchinstruction on absic principles of AFl football during games.. It was worth a crack but let it go - he isn't much good and is simply clogging up a spot on our list.. If he hsan't improved by now it isn't going to happen - get rid of him and Aisaike and move on......

I thought he had done ok this year...the only bad game I recall him having was vs Richmond.

If the coaches can't see him improving beyond this year I have no problem with that, but from last year to this year he has improved tremendously. How long have we given Waite to mature?

I suspect it's nothing to do with his form anyway, attitude perhaps

Think Setanta has the talent and the athletic gifts to be a very good player. To my mind though his confidence is at an all time low. Also think that his attitude is not as good as it was. He seems to want appear tough with all his bumping more so than actually being focassed on the in play contests.

Also his confidence in marking and running seems far less than what it was a year or two ago. In 2006 remember him playing a lone hand against Sydney up there and looking the goods. Feel he has slipped but that it is more mental than anything else. Real pity if this sees the end of him.

He probably will but I'd say he's being sent a message that he's on his last chance and with a few players to return soon from injury he could be making way.

He'd be hard pressed to retain his spot next year. Aside from getting alot of ball, i'm just not sure what he does that adds value to the team. This off-season is shaping as being quite interesting from a list turnover point of view.

[/b]

Your having a laugh aren't you mate !!!! I really hope that this waste of time has finally been put to rest - Setanta as hard as he tries will never be an accomplished AFL footballer... Quite simply he isn't up to and it is time to play the likes of Austin and more natural footballers and let them devlop... Setanta is a try hard who has been given ample opportunity in numerous positions - i.e ruck, fwd and abck and quite simply isn't up to it.. You can see that he is totally unpredictable to his teamates and they don't no what he will do next, he requires why do muchinstruction on absic principles of AFl football during games.. It was worth a crack but let it go - he isn't much good and is simply clogging up a spot on our list.. If he hsan't improved by now it isn't going to happen - get rid of him and Aisaike and move on......

Last time I looked in the cupboard - we did not have a bevy of key defenders :confused:

[/b]

yeah i totally agree with you here.
i think he will be 26 next season, isnt going to get any better than this
time to call it quits with the irish projects & load up on youngsters that might make it.
1 or 2 good games here and there wont make him afl quality.

I have always regarded Setanta as the barometer of our side.........if he is still in it, we are still ordinary.

If you get the chance to see him play in the seniors again, look carefully when the players get the ball and look up and see him, they IMMEDIATELY look for the other option. It happens repeatedly.

Love his passion, his endeavour and his attitude, but he ain't going to make it!

i reckon its cos Shields has gone home & Aisake will shortly join him.
Setanta may not be the most gifted, but he brings a real passion to the team. He may be feeling the iminent loss of his brother too.

still think he's a handy defender with his size & speed though, we've persevered with thornton & he's still only good for the 3rd best forward & Bower plays like (as thylacine once put it) a startled emu.

or maybe they're gonna send carrazzo back to ireland ?.....

ctacp
curlier than a catoggio pube

I have always regarded Setanta as the barometer of our side.........if he is still in it, we are still ordinary.

If you get the chance to see him play in the seniors again, look carefully when the players get the ball and look up and see him, they IMMEDIATELY look for the other option. It happens repeatedly.

Love his passion, his endeavour and his attitude, but he ain't going to make it!

this really isnt true.
his footskills are actually quite good and it is rare that he misses a target. i would think the players should be more cautious kicking it to carazzo and thornton as they miss more targets then setanta and if you watch closely you wouldve realised that setantas footskills arent such a worry anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this really isnt true.
his footskills are actually quite good and it is rare that he misses a target. i would think the players should be more cautious kicking it to carazzo and thornton as they miss more targets then setanta and if you watch closely you wouldve realised that setantas footskills arent such a worry anymore.

Agreed, his kicking has improved dramatically! The only thing is he spends that extra split second kicking it though, because he's concentrating hard to kick it properly (showing his lack of instinct kicking a footy a long time player developes).

Seriously though, love the guy.. but if Saddington aint getting a game and he can play footy, Setanta to be honest is on his last legs unless he shows us something again real soon.

Better off getting an 18 years old defender who has played the game through the junior ranks, than perservere with a mid 20yo who may take still another year or two to just become a good player.

I reckon we need to give him a go up forward, he is as fit as a fiddle. and strong as, could easily outmark defenders.

i dont understand why he doesnt make the team as a key defender.
hes the only capable player on our list that can play on the likes pavlich, brown, travis cloke, lucas etc...

I dont know why, as mentioned his kicking is great. His footskills are better than some (already mentioned).

He just needs more confidence, put him up forward let him kick a few, get his confidence going, plus its another option that drags the opposition away from Fev.

[/b]

It hurts me, in more ways then I can even begin to explain to hear him being described as just a try hard, isn't much good..etc. Poor, ordinary now when he had reached cult status in Cork. When he was, in one year, the best most promising hurler in the country, after one season, young player of the year, had an All Star, when he played, when he got the ball, he made everyone turn and look. He had so, so, SO much potential. He was the next big thing. He was IT and now he's a "try hard". I don't want him to fail. Know one does, so we'll sit and wait and grit our teeth and wait and see what'll happen. But words cannot describe how much that kills me.

It hurts me, in more ways then I can even begin to explain to hear him being described as just a try hard, isn't much good..etc. Poor, ordinary now when he had reached cult status in Cork. When he was, in one year, the best most promising hurler in the country, after one season, young player of the year, had an All Star, when he played, when he got the ball, he made everyone turn and look. He had so, so, SO much potential. He was the next big thing. He was IT and now he's a "try hard". I don't want him to fail. Know one does, so we'll sit and wait and grit our teeth and wait and see what'll happen. But words cannot describe how much that kills me.

Feel your pain rebel, you should be rightly pissed off. Is it possible for him to kick-start his career over there if he leaves Oz? If he was that good could he just step back into the hurling? Would there be any resentment against him or would he be welcomed back? Cheers.

Feel your pain rebel, you should be rightly pissed off. Is it possible for him to kick-start his career over there if he leaves Oz? If he was that good could he just step back into the hurling? Would there be any resentment against him or would he be welcomed back? Cheers.

It'll be hard and if it was anyone else but an O hAilpin then I'd say it's been a bit too long. Hurling is a sport you need to constantly be playing because of the skills required for it. But he was THAT good when he left I think he could. He'd get the chance as well if he went back, got back to where he was with his club, the fact that he's known could help a lot. That and, another legendary Cork player, Brian Corcoran, he left because of burnout, he retired early and it's a shame that they'd never play together, that would have been something special. But he retired in 01 from burn out and he came back in 04. He hadn't touched a hurley in those 3 years and he came back better, stronger, fresher, and he was 30 odd when he did it. I remember the roar when he came on, the stadium shook. His first touch of the ball, he fell, ball in hand, on his knees and he hit it over the bar..and I thought the welcome back cheer was big. Santy could do it. Once a Rebel always a Rebel and it helps that you're second name is O hAilpin.

Cork people in general are very loyal when it comes to sport. When it comes to hurling nothing means more to us. When he left he hurt us, but there would be one or two begrudgers all right but I think if any Cork fan heard that he was coming back, they'd chew off their arm to see it. I can just picture the roar of the crowd if he came on. Hell in the 04 hurling final people were sitting, hoping he'd come on. The last time we saw him in a Cork jersey was after the final whistle in 2003 where we lost the All Ireland to Kilkenny, we should have won that match but we didn't. I'll never forget him balling his eyes out, Sean Og hugging him, and then the players were called in by our keeper, right in the middle of the pitch. Know one knew what they were saying at the time but now we know that Donal Og, the keeper, promised that we'd be back their next season and promised we'd win. We were, we did but without him.

If he came back, I think he could come back to us, and I think that any Cork fan would give anything to see him back. He'd be welcomed back with open arms and floods of tears. The one or two begrudgers who'd be like he thought he was too good for us, only wanted the money..etc would be silenced pretty quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrazzo and the Tant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back