Carrot Seller to go into the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

kaheska said:
no he hasnt moved back. He's had a series of opperations in melb.

Give me a break! For that to be true he'd have to be one of the most injury prone footballers and no chance of anyone picking him up, considering he just had a shoulder reco and anke-scope type thing in Brisbane a few weeks back. Now he's having a series of ops in Melbourne?

The Lions don't start training again for another week, so if he's in Melbourne he's on holidays still. Visiting family and friends, dealing with his manager etc. If he wanted to go back to Melbourne for family reasons he had every opportunity to try that via trade week, and even after trade week and before the first list lodgement.

I saw Jamie Charman down here a couple of weeks ago having lunch down in Albert Park. Doesn't mean he's leaving.

tapestry said:
Give me a break! For that to be true he'd have to be one of the most injury prone footballers and no chance of anyone picking him up, considering he just had a shoulder reco and anke-scope type thing in Brisbane a few weeks back. Now he's having a series of ops in Melbourne?

Just quietly I've heard that, since he's been forced to get the work done, he's decided to go for the full renovation. Expect to see him front up next year with an extra upstairs bedroom and a bay window on the back.

;)

campbell said:
We have immediate replacements in Ryskatelli and Adcock.These guys put their heads over the ball,we are in better shape without him in the team IMO.

Cannot agree more. I can't believe some of the *rap on the main board. For a guy who would have been on good money I found his time at the Lions extremely disappointing.

He is not in the mould of the typical flank type Lions players. Im continually amazed at the courage shown by Lions little men, guys such as McGrath, Hart, McCrae, Power....... always will back into packs without hesitation. Watch Hadley in the last quarter of the 2003 GF, in the contest in the goal square that sets up our 1st goal kicked by Acker. Amazing Courage.

It sets a standard. One that Blake struggled with & will always struggle with. He was serviceable without being value for money. I just wish we could have traded him to get something in return as his currency as per some Vic clubs is grossly overrated.

He was de-listed and now has the option to enter the draft. A case of salary cap biting. Lions did a media release to confirm the de-list Friday afternoon. Even though we lost a few "big names" to retirement this year and are no doubt re-signing others at a premium it is still sad to see players go. there is always debate about players abilities and how they "fit" the team. I was never a big fan but it would have been good to have him for a little longer. The good news is that we have a stack of young guns who can now step up and prove themselves.

ya i would like to see Troy Selwood given a go next year, he has been on the lions list since 2002, and if i were him i would be getting a bit restless for not getting a game. Mind u he does need to build his body up and he was an avid Fitzroy Lions supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrot Seller to go into the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back