No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Jobe walks into AFL House, and throws the medal as hard as he can at Gills head, leaving a permanent mark, so every morning he has a reminder of the amount of a mess he and vlad created

AFAIK CAS will be determining the guilt of the players on the basis that they are "Comfortably Satisfied" that banned drugs were taken.

It's entirely possible that WADA may, on the basis of a failed prosecution, recommend that in the future the bar be lowered to "Gut Feel" that banned drugs were taken - but we're not there yet, so you can rest easy.

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly retract this statement - we have arrived.

Reading that article about Reid, they didn't tell him about the injections and just said they were getting "vitamin supplements".

I struggle to believe that many players were so stupid/naive. The more that comes out the less sympathy I have for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone calling for Jobe's medal but not Cousins'?
Why would Cousins' be stripped? He didn't take PED's, let alone was charged and found guilty.

Why would Cousins' be stripped? He didn't take PED's, let alone was charged and found guilty.
He took a banned substance. Was suspended, therefore he should hand back his medal if Jobe hands back his. Maybe Jobe can hand back both of theirs and flip two birds to Gil. 2 for the price of 1. I hate Kyle Reimers!

Really?

He has gone on record stating his drug use was wild during those years. The drugs he took were also on the banned list. I cannot see how that's not relevant.
He took a banned substance. Was suspended, therefore he should hand back his medal if Jobs hands back his. Maybe Jobs can hand back both of their and flip two birds to Gil.
None of what he took (to our knowledge) was performance enhancing. If you start taking Brownlow's away for illicit drug use you're opening up an absurdly large can of worms.

Read the Herald Sun article called "
Essendon players’ ‘lack of curiosity’ condemned at Court of Arbitration for Sport"

seems like he gave evidence, it happened to be favourable towards WADA.

If you want it straight from the horse's mouth, it's also in the "Arbitral Award" (i.e. CAS' statement of their findings and how they got them)... List item #79 (starts at the bottom of page 11) has Dr Bruce Reid listed as a witness 'for WADA'.

http://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Arbitral_Award_WADA_ESSENDON.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back