Casson v Cullen

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen both, but not many times.

Cullen has more control, obviously being a offy.

But see potential in both, Cullen > Casson IMO.

At this stage you would say that Cullen is way ahead in terms of his development. It's exciting to know that there are at least a few quality spinners coming through. Maybe throw in Doherty, but at this stage he's a bit of a wildcard.

White, Cullen and Casson - there's alot of variety there.

Saw Casson bowl a bit in Saturday's ING cup game, and was not impressed. He lacked zip and spin of the pitch and the Vics played him with ease. On that performance i'd say he's an absolute pie chucker

PowerKop said:
Saw Casson bowl a bit in Saturday's ING cup game, and was not impressed. He lacked zip and spin of the pitch and the Vics played him with ease. On that performance i'd say he's an absolute pie chucker

Just as well you don't have a say in selection. He did turn it.

He is a very good spinner, JL, Gilly, Marto all think the sun shines out of his arse.

How can a spinner lack zip?

I like Casson, but just got this feeling that either he'd have to improve his control a great deal or there will be others ahead of him as far as succeeding Warnie goes

Not saying he has to have the accuracy of a Warne, but for a left arm wristie, if he doesn't get it right, then right handed batsman can always hit him with the spin quite a long way. I know he has wrong'uns, but 100 wrong'uns doesn't make up for a good leg break

There's a reason why we've hardly ever saw left arm wrist spinners being a big hit at international level.

If you're erratic, you'd have to be really good to succeed at Test level, Macgill is a one-off, you won't see many bowlers who has the success that Macgill has while bowling the same amount of ******** that he does

Casson is hopeless. I enjoy watching him cause he gets belted all over the place.

Cullen is better but he's a real wan**r.

Casson better bloke. Cullen better bowler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bloke68 said:
Casson is hopeless. I enjoy watching him cause he gets belted all over the place.

Casson better bloke. Cullen better bowler
Now we have a tosser on board.

I've met Dan Cullen and can tell you he's not a ********er.

But talk BS all you like.

watching Tait bowl makes my back ache :eek: but he ripped in FC cricket and seems to have the goods.

i gotto to say I loved Lillee, McGrath, Bruce Reid, Ambrose, Imran Khan, there is nothing like an elegant run up before delivering.

Bruce reid seemed to make bowling look easy.

bloke68 said:

Um, no. White line fever yes... top shelf bloke off the field.

Cullen looks a really decent prospect. Lets hope he can become a class spinner.

Havnt seen alot of Casson. Looked average vs the Vics.

well the australian selectors have been known to 'draft' in players from w.a. even before the people who deserve a chance, get it. So who knows, casson might get a go soon

I think people in this thread are severely underating Casson. Lets compare the two players stats shall we:

Casson's First Class Career: 15 Matches, 46 wickets at an average of 38.8, best bowling of 6 for 64.

Cullen's First Class Career: 15 matches, 51 wickets at an average of 32.49, best bowling of 5 for 38.

There is not much difference there IMO, Cullen's stats stack up slightly better here but Cullen also has the advantage of generally playing on a pitch that is much more conducive to spin. Batting averages are basically identical so that doesn't change anything.

If you are only judging Casson on his performance on Saturday you are a clown because that is probably the worst I have seen him bowl and he was not on his own for WA. I have noticed in the past that he has continually bambozzled top first class players with his variation. Also as great as Warne is, he went wicketless on Saturday and his 10 overs cost about 52 runs, so maybe it was more to do with the pitch.

So do your research before you make a decision that a player is sh*t. ;)

While I do agree that people are judging Casson on one bad performance I don't think you can blame the pitch for his bowling of a combination of short trash or full tosses with the occassional wide off the pitch thrown in for good measure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Casson v Cullen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back