Mega Thread CasualChat 🍰 Cake Connoisseurs Thread 🍰 Vote in the Poll and tell Wosh they’re pretty to Receive your Cake Badge! 🍰 🍸

What is your favourite cake/dessert?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm. DemurePrincess, how do you feel about highway robbery where I provide you transport and you hold up the coach en route? You will need a mask, a pretty silver handled gun, and oh...can you actually ride a horse?
Could this be something like Edmund Blackadder and his trusty steed Quicksilver?

I feel like making apple strudel today. And some Croatian plum biscuits 🤔
Are you making these??? Bc I need to see the strudel and plum biscuit pics? Like plum in actual biscuits??? Never never heard of that. Yum 😋

Are you making these??? Bc I need to see the strudel and plum biscuit pics? Like plum in actual biscuits??? Never never heard of that. Yum 😋
Its a special Croatian plum paste that hold together in a bikkie. I’ll find the photos I made previously, if I make them it will be this afternoon.

I feel like making apple strudel today. And some Croatian plum biscuits 🤔
This is a huge coincidence
As I feel like visiting Croatia, and eating plum strudel!
😲

This is a huge coincidence
As I feel like visiting Croatia, and eating plum strudel!
😲
I have been thinking about strudel for the past hour. I don’t have the energy to make one or try but I do believe Sara Lee makes a decent one… so strudel for dessert tonight nom nom nom

I have been thinking about strudel for the past hour. I don’t have the energy to make one or try but I do believe Sara Lee makes a decent one… so strudel for dessert tonight nom nom nom
Our version is easy and uses fillo pastry so it’s lighter and crunchy. It’s not like the complicated German one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our version is easy and uses fillo pastry so it’s lighter and crunchy. It’s not like the complicated German one.
Mm. You need a Cert 3 for that.
And that's just to use google translate.

I got everything before 'Just follow this simple recipe'. 😛

I decided to make some baguettes instead and the strudel and bikkies tomorrow. Did anyone else catch the sourdough starter disease during lockdown? I did and 4 years later still feeding it every day and going strong.

IMG_2024-10-26-133618.jpeg

IMG_7045.jpeg

In the oven now

Mm. You need a Cert 3 for that.
And that's just to use google translate.

I got everything before 'Just follow this simple recipe'. 😛
burning homer simpson GIF

I decided to make some baguettes instead and the strudel and bikkies tomorrow. Did anyone else catch the sourdough starter disease during lockdown? I did and 4 years later still feeding it every day and going strong.

View attachment 2152115

View attachment 2152116

In the oven now
Looks fab… nothing better than freshly baked bread and lashings of butter

So jealous!

View attachment 2152115

View attachment 2152116

In the oven now

I thought about it, but then decided I was too lazy and renewed my love of jigsaw puzzles instead

Still trying to work out where I have the space for the 6000 piece one and then there's the 18,000 piece

I thought about it, but then decided I was too lazy and renewed my love of jigsaw puzzles instead

Still trying to work out where I have the space for the 6000 piece one and then there's the 18,000 piece
Oooooooooooo yes. Mine’s only 1500 and untouched since covid 😑

IMG_7049.jpeg

I dunno where to start on 18,000 holy crap, do you think you’ll ever get it done? What’s the picture?

Oooooooooooo yes. Mine’s only 1500 and untouched since covid 😑

View attachment 2152145

I dunno where to start on 18,000 holy crap, do you think you’ll ever get it done? What’s the picture?

No idea, but I hope so - I bought it as I've been to each of the cities featured and thought of it as a good memento type thing

1729917871374.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread CasualChat 🍰 Cake Connoisseurs Thread 🍰 Vote in the Poll and tell Wosh they’re pretty to Receive your Cake Badge! 🍰 🍸

Back