Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
Kingy,
Is there a possibility of full match commentary replays being available to listen to? I couldn't watch live, would be good to listen to the dulcet tones of KRock while watching the replay. I think it may have been asked before but it doesn't hurt to ask again!

Hi all,

The podcast returns with Jase and me (Benny is still in Bali).

Feel free to shoot any questions, comments and criticisms here.

Kingy

Like daz, I am a self confessed cats nuffie who watches the cfl religiously. I was glad when they called up mannagh, after he started the week before. However I didn’t think he had a game in him like Saturday v hawks. He bought pressure like a Boeing 737 at 25,000ft. Has ability to push up ground, was very impressed with tackling.
Hoping knevitt comes back in this week v pies, was good v dons and deserves a go, maybe Clark has a rest.
Felt that was our most complete game since probably the Brisbane win. Once we worked out how to kick goals instead of points we didn’t look back. SDK might not have the ruck nous per se but he’s looked a different player since going in there, pies with no huge forwards so hopefully it continues this week.
Hope Benny is over refreshing and hope Kingy is enjoying less editing on the pod!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Chris Scott is getting a lot of praise in the media this week for all the positional shifts he has made (Stewart to the midfield and SDK to the ruck) and new faces he has added (Humphries and Mannagh) over the past few weeks. While I'm happy all those moves have worked so far, is there not a case to be made though that the media has this backwards and that actually Scott's unwillingness to make these changes sooner than he did cost us games when it had been clear for months that our midfield mix wasn't working? For instance, why did he persist with O'Connor so long when he was offering us so little? Why did it take until two weeks ago for Stewart to be used in the middle despite our midfield being in far more dire need of someone of his strength and quality than our defence, and despite Stewart being out of form as a defender anyway? Why wasn't Humphries (who has been dominating in the VFL all season) given a chance five rounds earlier when our problems transitioning the ball off half back were clear for all to see and we were crying out for a classy ball user in that part of the ground?

Hi all,

Wondering if we can talk crowd numbers at the cattery this year. 33,000 or so seemed to be a bit disappointing considering its the first time the Hawks have been down there in so long. The game was allegedly sold out - what happened to 7000 people? Particularly what's going on with that section behind the goals in the Selwood stand that is always conspicuously empty.

Hi all,

Wondering if we can talk crowd numbers at the cattery this year. 33,000 or so seemed to be a bit disappointing considering its the first time the Hawks have been down there in so long. The game was allegedly sold out - what happened to 7000 people? Particularly what's going on with that section behind the goals in the Selwood stand that is always conspicuously empty.
I personally think it was close to a full house 🏠! I really don't know if those numbers had to be correct 🤔?

Sir Kingy and Lord Benny.. (well Jase actually I guess this week) of the St Joey's of Corio ( I know you didnt go there Kingy but it sounded better)

Given thy regal place in the uppers of the GFC supporting and Broadcasting commons, what pull and rank does thee possess to get Thomas of the Clan Hawkins, for King and Country on the Park of Kardinia ANOTHER GOD DAMN GAME before he pulls the pin. It seems that there was an arrticle recently that suggested Tomma would not force the issue for a farewell game.

Tom appears to be one not to force the issue and will be fully honest with where he is at but surely if he's 80% good Rd 24 Vs WC he can play the sub role.

Can you imagine Kardy Park 3 mins in the last 1/4 as Tomma stands up and takes off the jacket from the back row of the bench and jogs / limps onto the ground and into the square at FF - The WC Full Back would just be apoplectic lol

Surely if ever Tomma needs to be selfish its on this one.

I would be IMO very reminiscent SJ, Stokesy and Kel's last game where everyone was looking for them.

On other fronts I watch the VFL every week like the Cats Nuffie I am and Ted Clohesy (10th in VFL BnF currently) turns up every week and excel's at the level. Cant thee Broadcasting Royalty pull some Press Conference Strings and get him in as well. He's OOC at years end and there is just no way he can't be retained and pushed up to AFL level is there?

PS Apologies Kingy for THAT tweet last week

PPS - My Boy Neale is gonna rip it open soon

GO Catters

Last edited:
Hi guys,

What are your thoughts on Jhye Clark this year? Obviously he's a young player and we don't expect him to be a superstar immediately. But for mine he is the obvious out for when Bruhn returns. I also feel like a player like Clohsey could play instead of Clark and be offering us the same or even a bit more.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Benny's back. We're working towards a Thursday PM recording.

Cheers

Kingy

Well the cats went bang bang bang very quickly and I didn’t want to prematurely celebrate. Gee Neale first couple of minutes caused some movement in the southern states. I felt overall our turnovers, dropped marks were the only thing keeping pies in the game, and once tidied up we kept them at arms length. Zac Guthrie ran a bath for hill, kept him to 10 possessions and 6 turnovers.
Danger makes our centre bounce work so much better with his size, speed and strength. Once bruhn returns I think Stewart could go back into defence. Mitch Duncan looked like a pensioner on payment day shuffling into Centrelink, has really slowed. Would like to see SDK back to defence to take on Darcy, with naughton and ugle Hagen as well to care for. Blitz to ruck with Neale chopping out, feel the cats could Neale into games more by doing this.
Andrew Mackie, played hardballl with port over esava and got pick 25. Which we turned into Lawson humpries, George stevens and Mitch Edwards.
Written, authorised and typed by howla41, PO BOX 41, via sexyland

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Welcome back Ben!!!!!!

Kingy - how was the pucker factor free 2 weeks without Benny?
No 3/4 time live cross pinches to the nether regions, no timecode notations for blue edits on the Podcast, no manic scribbling during the ad break before the quiz and no diving to open the window for air mid broadcast!

Back to normality this week...

Mitch Edwards seems to be suffering back issue, Conway is done for the year. Stanley will hang them up at end of season.
What is the curse of Cats Rucks stocks and health?
CS quote regarding rucks was "you either have too many of too few"
WE aint seen the too many side in recent history.

What do we have to do to get a ruck that doesn't break?

Again Wells is the ultimate Drafting and Trading Cheat code in the AFL

Mackie holds out in Esave trade for pick 25 plus pick 76 and 94.
Everyone laughs and casts scorn and derision.
Meanwhile, Wells picks Stevens with 76 (into 58) and Humphries with 94 (into 63)

Lawson Humphries at Pick 63 just got the Rising Star nomination this week.

In Wells We Trust

but losing Liam Woodland to Freo will hurt long term.

GO Catters

PS - Ill leave you with this nugget - Ted must be getting CLOSE - HESY to getting an AFL game. 8th in VFL BNF!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that follow the VFL feels like we had a long few weeks of hoping we’d get Mannagh, Lawson and Hardie in the team as they dominated the vfl games.
We’ve got two of them in who now look pretty settled into the team. It’d be great to see Hardie get a couple of games to see if he’s up to the level.
From what I’ve seen of his VFL games he seems an accumulator who doesn’t stand out with his play but can hit the scoreboard.
Could he be a good compliment to the other mids we have, or is he destined for the illustrious cats vfl BnF delisting combo that has fallen to others?

We reckon you might have questions that we'll try to answer...

Recording Thursday PM
G'day Gents
First of all, I can't believe no one mentioned to ask if Benny did you take a visit to a Tattoo parlour over Bali with a picture of Chris Scott?

Ben, iv been In the same category with you regarding SDK in the ruck... Yes he did really well on the weekend, but like you said, we are exposed down defence with SDK not able to give support to take the opposition biggest forward, which then would allow Henry and Kolodjashnij play better defence.. Need to bring back Conway Stanley in. But unfortunately I can see them , going no change with this as North don't have as many big men around the ground. And once again they will put SDK in the ruck.

Sad to think Western Bulldogs sub in McRae would be easily in our starting midfield, while his a fringe player at the Dogs as they have plenty of Midfielders to choose from.

PS PLAY BLOODE NEAL FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR, ONLY EXCEPTION IS INJURY

Cheers FoxDog50 🍻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back