Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
Hi all,

Looks like a Thursday PM recording - feel free to fire away!

Tyson stengle is a real magician David copperfield style. Dempsey not fair behind. Defence looked much better with SDK down back, taking pressure off Jack Henry who was very good. Thought Neale competed well against old xerri pie and would like to see more of him at centre bounces.
Discussed last week was ruckman for next year. Ladhams 26 from swans, behind Grundy, led swans for clearances until injured in rd 9 2023. Pittonett a physical type, Bailey Williams from eagles, 24 and 68 games, from Victoria a potential option. Draft picks moving forward are 13 33 52 and lemon chicken 69 so if we getting Bailey smith, might need to trade a few out.
crows have walker thiltirpe Fogarty and maybe hMAS himmelberg so SDK stays in defence. Closehy possibly a full game or look to knevitt (27 touches 2 goals) or jhye Clarke (23 touches 10 tackles 1 goal) to return, and atkins if fit. Also Joe furphy the cat b rookie is a left footer and we love a furphy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gents....
As per our discussion last week episode on what ruckman that could be available for a pick up

1 Pete Ladhams from Sydney - is still Comtracted till 2025, but could be a cheap trade as it will get salary of Sydney Swans books, we could get him on a 2 year contract, is only 26

2 Liam Reidy from Fremantle- 24 years old and is on a rookie contract, 204 cm and is stuck behind Darcy and Jackson, his average 43 hit outs a game, but only average a bit over 12 disposals a game. He does have a great art work in hit outs.

3 A formula 1 driver by the name of Dante Visentini from Port Adelaide -21 years old and there are 2 ruckman in front of him in Jordan Sweet and Ivan Soldo. Has played against Geelong twice and did play well.. Averaged 31 hit outs with 10 hit outs to advantage to that game earlier this year against Geelong. But is contracted till 2025

With the players above they aren't going to cost much in a draft pick as such as there not getting regular game for there club, were not expecting them to be as good as a Max Gawn or a Grundy , we just hoping to compete and like a Obrien from Adelaide or a Bailey Williams from West Coast.

Another option do we go for the best State League Ruckman from a State League, who is in the mid 20s and will cost us nothing.
But why wouldn't it surprise me if they don't even get one at all

Cheers FoxDog50 🍻

Last edited:

Eagerly awaiting discussion re. the bizarre Stengle incident.

My question is, do you think anything would've changed if this incident happened before he re-signed?

Hi guys,

I’ve been banging the drum about the quality of our youth and the serious underrating of our talent by the general media.

Against north we had six players 21 or younger. So did the Roos (widely considered a young side). We had more under 21 in the wet slog against the doggies and than our competitors in most games this season.

I can’t remember a time when we had so much talented youth in or around our best 22. To illustrate against the Roos - Neale, O.Henry, O. Dempsey, Holmes, Humphries plus Clohsey (19). Out of the team - Knevitt and Clark.

My question - can you remember a time in the past decade or more when we had so much youth genuinely pressing for selection?

I'm enjoying the music that gets played at GMHBA after a Geelong player kicks a goal. Just wondering if the players picked a song for after their goal or if there's a story behind any of the songs? Particularly enjoy when the Irish music is played.
Love the pod guys & religiously listen to your call on game day.

Congrats to the Gold Medal winning Broadcast team in the KROCK box.

Saw this mentioned by another station's twitter account -" Geelong have the 2nd most u23's performing 10% above expected performance level.." for whatever thats worth.

Its pretty incredible considering say Gold Coast and Essendon are once again mired in mediocrity and floundering with coaches left scratching their heads and they have been in the winning Finals Wilderness for over a decade - meanwhile we are 2 years removed from a flag.

Rebuild on the run is well in play.

Benny referred to it in the pregame last week - the stability of the club both on and off the field o be able to do this is the cornerstone IMO - 2 coaches since Gary Ayers.

Which 2 of the under 23's we have do you think will be most critical to our continued performance?

I have Conway (if fit) and Neale

GO Catters

PS - Clohesy full game thisweek please.

Last edited:
Interested on your thoughts on Chris Scott's future coaching aspirations.
Does he stay or does he go at the end of 2026?
Does he even see out his contract?
At a guess, Tassie/AFL would throw a bucket of money at him along with a number of footy clubs.

Also interested in seeing how the Cats handle the last round of the year against WCE. Obviously they would love to give Hawkins a big send off at home. Surely he retires at the end of the season.
My question and interest is what happens in our first final (assuming we make it). Does Hawkins play?
Surely we cant go in with Cameron, Hawk and Scratcher?

K rock Football

Kingy - boot that bloody music to the sea. Could not agree with you more.
Turn that shit off.

And yes.. it penetrates the broad cast and makes a mockery of the between goal commentary.

Or at least.. pull the decibel meter out and turn it way the **** down.

Go Catters

Thanks for the podcast gents. As always, very entertaining.

Benny - I did need to disagree though with your view on Stengle not being “marketable”. When he is near the ball, you cannot take your eyes off him because you know there is a good chance something special is going to happen. Sadly, in a highly homogenised game this is a rare quality, and it makes him must watch tv. That is about as marketable as it gets.

He is marketable in the same way Gary Sr was marketable - it doesn’t matter that they never do interviews or really let you see their personality, their footy is so enchanting that they attract people to the game.

Is he being marketed correctly? Now that is a debate for another day (I would argue that our media/culture is way too obsessed with the people who give a good sound bite over those who actually have some substance to back it up, but I digress).

Cheers

Thanks for the podcast gents. As always, very entertaining.

Benny - I did need to disagree though with your view on Stengle not being “marketable”. When he is near the ball, you cannot take your eyes off him because you know there is a good chance something special is going to happen. Sadly, in a highly homogenised game this is a rare quality, and it makes him must watch tv. That is about as marketable as it gets.
Yeah, there were a couple of "hot takes" about Stengle in the podcast. 😁 Dusty and Franklin didn't do much media work, but they seemed to survive ok (they also had off field issues).
Also, Stengle's contract, surely there are some off field clauses in it so the club can walk away if things with him go haywire. Even in a standard AFL contract you would think there would be "outs" for a club.

Yeah, there were a couple of "hot takes" about Stengle in the podcast. 😁 Dusty and Franklin didn't do much media work, but they seemed to survive ok (they also had off field issues).
Also, Stengle's contract, surely there are some off field clauses in it so the club can walk away if things with him go haywire. Even in a standard AFL contract you would think there would be "outs" for a club.
They were shite takes by Benny, ‘not of high character’? WTF is he to judge? Hope they edit that out asap. We’ve had all sorts of characters through the doors over the years. And not marketable? Not doing press? Who gives a truck.

I didn’t think these guys were like that, but on one hand we’ll talk about diversity of personalities and ‘boring’ squares who are in the press, and then seem to be suggesting that you need to be one of those types to earn a reasonable deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

Questions, comments, and criticisms are all welcome.

Thursday PM recording likely!

Real file in the cake stuff by the cats, just got out of jail. Touhy 8 turnovers v dogs, week off, back in for 7 turnovers. His kicking is supposedly a strength but he’s almost a liability. Ive been critical of Duncan but id take him over touhy
Mark blicavs has also had a very average year. Unsure if carrying an injury but could use a rest.
Couple of years ago Benny raised letting cam Guthrie go if a good deal came for him. I’m suggesting if a team offered Kolodjashnij a good deal, we take the compo pick (mid 2nd round) and move on. O Sullivan building nicely in vfl; Emerson jeka is 22, 198cm, and averaging 16 possessions and 6 marks in vfl this year.
Won clearances and contested v crows but allowing 20 scoring shots from 42 inside 50s concerning.
Shannon Neale has now kicked 16 snags for the year, massive contested grab and goal in last qtr.

Gents...

Firstly... Hawkins....... From one Farmer to another, lets hope the Cattle prices pick up in the coming months, as when your just relying on selling Cattle this year, you might have to do a few sportsmen nights to bring the food on the table 😉 Bloody well done on a magnificent career.

Yes another Ruck Question lol.. In your opinion do you honestly think Geelong Recruiting People, won't get another ruckman for the 2025 season 🤔. As much as we all want another mature age ruckman, but will they somehow just back in Conway, Edwards, Blitz, SDK, Furphy etc..

I'm sure you will talk about Tuhoy should be dropped this week ( not sure what he brings to the team at his time of his career right now)

Last edited:
Grest call last week - and are you all travelling this week?!

A quick tip of the hat to the 26 - im sure youve done it plenty
He's done it all and then some and done it better than them all too.
You dont replace blokes like Tom Hawkins and Joel Selwood. Often imitated but never replicated. Good luck to him.

In terms of what's next....

We cant lose all the vets at once.
Tom Hawkins has announced.
Stanley is most likely next given his knee is kaput.
2E has hit the cliff so you'd think he's next.

Duncan, Bews and Rohan could in theory go again and play 60% games in 2025..

or do we rip the bandaid off and send them all out now.

North showed how badly things can go if you clean out too hard at once.

PS - Awesome news on the KROCK coveage of home Cats AFLW games. Who's the calling team?!?!

GO Catters

Outstanding Win in the West sets up a tilt at another Flag - What a crazy season 2024 has been

Danger strapped on his superman cape at 3/4 time Saturday - that quarter felt like something Joel would have provided in the past.

Shout out to the lesser lights as well thought - Stanley, Kolo and Bowes were really good.

Shaun really was Mannagh from Heaven and Neale showed we must persist with him as a permanent marking forward.

On the Downside - the cliff really is coming fast for Mitch Duncan and Benny's mate Touhy

With Tanner out with concussion will this be the week Chris Scott actually rewards Mitch Hardie or will the changes just revolve around Rohan & SDK.

Hi all,

Looks like a Thursday PM recording - feel free to fire away!

Kingy

Great win v the dockets, a performance I didn’t think we had in us. Have happily bagged Stanley over the years but gee if he could give us that every week, we’d be a much better side
Our pressure was like when I last put on my suit, real bursting point sort of stuff. Just harassed and tackled really well for most parts. Credit to most of the back 6.
Hate to pick on the guy but touhy didn’t lay a tackle and had the least pressure acts with 3. Neale had 17 which is an indictment on reg. Roll Holmes back to his spot and put the inform knevitt (31d 2 goals 8 marks) onto the wing
Finally doubling down on my kolo idea last week. I’m not giving him up for nothing, I only suggest if a club offered him well above market value, which gave us a first round compo pick, we’d have to look at it. He’s 30 next season, been a great player, won a flag and we couldn’t denigrate him if he chose to get some extra cash towards end of career.
Also why drop Bews only to bring mullin in?

A comment on Brett Spinks kicking 17 goals in his first 4 games of the 1998 season?
Bump on this! Was looking forward to a comment on Spinksy all week...

Also - what am I missing when it comes to Jed Bews being out of the side again?

Surely a more reliable option than Mullin, who may end up being a decent player, but who often lacks game awareness at this stage of his career.

Great WA experience and call on the weekend.

Hope the flight back from WA treated you all well - Kingy in 1A.... was it nice up there as the Capt of the Commentary team? - (its an old reference thanks Billy Birmingham but a good one)

Shaun Mannagh - What ever held him out of the team for 12 weeks or so was clearly worth the wait. How good has this bloke been in the last few games?

AS Benny has said on many an occasion - and hes' right - let the bloody kids develop.

And before everyone goes Troppo about Mannagh being called a kid, there is a marked difference between AFL and VFL level and even mature bodies need time to learn and develop to cope with them - and this includes tactics and role playing.

Reckon Benny's got at least 14 good role playing stories ( as Kingy marks timecode for another edit)

Given we have been talking about development and time can we sneak Clohesy and COS in this season again or has time run out?

PS - will Darren Minchington kick 3 thus week like he usually did everytime he played us ( Saints and Hawks)

GO CAtters

Gents
How much better does Henry and Kolo play when they are helped in defence when due to unfortunately of SDK not able to play there, is another big man in Blitz is there helping out.. Goes to show I think Blitz best position now, in the time of his career is in defence..
But I do think you are correct, his right foot must be injured as you really don't see him kick on his right foot...

In playing finals, if this year is the year any team in the 8 can win it ( and im includinga team outside the top 4 ) than this year is the year. As there isn't a team like us in the year 2022 ( which we far best team that year ) any team on there day can be vulnerable, and iv never seen more upsets than this year. It's all going to be mental in who can win each final this year..
Cheers FoxDog50

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back