Autopsy Cats v Hawks, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Result isn't surprising given our outs and Geelong's ins. Dangerfield is a jet. Such a huge bonus for them scoring a player like that for so little. Awesome 3rd quarter by us. Saw some signs of what we are capable of. Kids will be better for the run. Plenty of premiership teams have lost rd.1. Get Shiels and Ceglar back next week and we will take care of West Coast. Go Hawks.

Final philosophical thought: Those 4 flags are in the bank baby!

Horrible three quarters (I only saw the second half) by the sounds of it.

Still it's only March.
No walkover best.

Third quarter efforts don't win football matches... Really disapointed in a lot of players.. Now we meet a rampaging west coast thank god it's not over there!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't have any complaints.

Played one solid qtr out of four and simply not good enough on the day.

Plenty of headaches for Clarkson.

Awesome 3rd quarter.

We play like that for four quarters and we will win the flag no questions about it. Problem is we turned up for one quarter and they turned up for three.

Our kicking was rusty. Our tackling even worse but we have 22 more games to work on that before the real season starts.

Sucks losing to one of our bigger rivals and we will cop it during the week but I have a feeling we will be the one with the last laugh.

I was let down by Hartung early but he put egg on my face in the end. Intensity stepped up. Still needs to learn to stick his tackles though.

Lewis was a let down as was Duryea.

Langers a bull. Mitch a gun. Hodge lifted in the second half. Burgoyne was massive as was Gunston and Poppy.

A lot of really poor and momentum sapping decision making/skill errors in that last quarter...
Backed up by the skills being down and Dingleberryfield going bananas by hitting them up better than his career average of around 50% DE.

Hopefully that will wake the boys up.

Just another copy of the previous losses to Geelong over the last few years.
Start off woeful for a couple of quarters then claw our way back in to it spending our petrol tickets then fall over in the end.

I hate starting the season with a loss - let's hope that's brushed the cobwebs out and we see a far more fluid side next week

I came to the game day thread very late and I have to say it's very disappointing to see some of the remarks towards guys that have given you three of the best years of football you will ever experience. God help us when the rebuild starts.....oh wait

I'm usually a fan of the Shoe. But putrid today. 2 disposals, and had zero presence up forward.

Also our underbelly shown up a lot today, the inexperienced guys really battled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats v Hawks, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back