Autopsy Cats v Hawks, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Roughy Shiels and Ceglar are big outs,If thats the best the Cats have got not too worried.
Its always nice to win though

Don't forget Hill.

Some of our best were poor/quiet, are kids showed that they are kids but there were a few good flashes.
Langers played well, if he can get back to late 2014 form that will be good.
Mitch, Gibbo and Burgers their usual solid selves, Gunston and Breust good in patches, Poppy still the energizer bunny.
Hartung and Gus were both OK, Sicily and JOR less so but can't complain when senior players were as well.
Real footy is back and we just played a team that was a month in front of us, with more of there best 22 on the park and still could have won only playing about a half of footy.
Shiels could be back next week, the boys will be better for the run.
Hopefully Cegs can play, Pitts did well for a first gamer but Ceglar will be a step up when he can come back.
Don't want too many changes.

Can't believe the calls to have Lewis retire. Disrespectful against one of our champs. He will bounce back.
Really needs to work on his decision making. Just seems to be making lazy decisions for mine. Still an awesome work horse and does a ton for us but needs to be a lot more careful with ball in hand.

When we played on and move the ball quickly we dominated, when we chipped it around and let them set up we were beaten.

Going to have to take risks and move quicker until Roughy gets back.

I think the only thing that was really disappointing today was the bombing into the f50, shades of 2009 - 2012 against the cats.. silly with the size of our forward line. Once we pushed out a bit and then let poppy and bruest start to get out the back we started scoring.

that third quarter was a beauty.

Positives: We showed up after half time
Negatives: We left at three quarter time

Not too concerned, we were woeful and untidy and the Cats took their opportunities early. The forward line is a mess though and Roughie is surely missed. Also Shiels was noticeably missed in the middle, such an underrated player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm over this club going belly up so easy

I couldn't care less if we got flogged by 100pts, as long as the players do what is required by them
The basic stuff, rather than deciding it's all too hard for 3 quarters and playing like its 2004 where it's everyone for themselves
It's why I miss players like Tom murphy and Tom Clarke

They were hardly world beaters, but you could bet your bottom dollar they'd put in a 4 quarter effort each week

Schoenmakers back to being played out of position
Put him at CHB or CHF, where his elite kicking can be used to hit a target
Don't put him deep in the square where a pack will form over the top of him!

If you're going to play Rioli forward, make sure there's space

Hodge was woeful, disgraceful effort
Clearly thinks he's done enough
Keep it up, and he should call it curtains before he ruins his name

Sicily is woeful
He is too small to play key position
Too big to be a small forward
Not quick enough to be a wingman, and not strong or agile enough to play in the thick of it

Ditto on Schoey at FF. Never again.

He's a CHF. He's not even that he's just a 6 foot 5 flanker. Push him up the ground and leave Rioli and Poppy in the 50.

I hate starting the season with a loss - let's hope that's brushed the cobwebs out and we see a far more fluid side next week

I came to the game day thread very late and I have to say it's very disappointing to see some of the remarks towards guys that have given you three of the best years of football you will ever experience. God help us when the rebuild starts.....oh wait
Ease up. Some of the premiership guns had shockers. Got nothing to do with last season or the season before. Hodge, Lewis, Birchall and Duryea ordinary games. All have not had the best of pre-seasons either..........or are we rebuilding?

With rough gone I seriously doubt we can trouble the eight... Ibthink we know he did more than just be a forward:(

Day to forget.

Played 1 quarter.

JOR and sis would want to show something soon.

Pitto tried his arse off and credit to him.

Bruest horrible.

Smith and birch shockers.

On the bright side we can only get better
(Or we are in big trouble)

Ps. Aren't defenders who can mark the ball invaluable. ( only notice it when u don't have one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats v Hawks, Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back