Cats vs Pies round 24

Remove this Banner Ad

If Geelong loses and they whip the suns this is possible. Needs to be a combination of about 100 points in Collingwood/Hawthorn's favour.

Maybe the AFL thought that Geelong would struggle to make the top 4 this year, and really, if a few of their close wins went the other way, that would've been the case.

Agreed. I think the AFL, much like myself, expected Geelong to just scrape in/miss out on the 8 when the fixture was devised. Whoever plays will be going at it 100%, so it's vitally important that the coaches take steps to ensure their important players don't jeopardise the finals.

I think the first 3 quarters will be a bit of a shoot out as intensity wil be down a bit, but if the game is close near the end then we might just get the game that we all hoped for!

Both teams won't be giving anything away tactically... and why would they.

Expect bruise-free football that provides no insight into a potential rematch in the finals.

It's a...
2jg71mx.gif

Hasn't Malthouse already said a couple of weeks he's not expecting either side to take it too seriously? What's the point of busting your ass when Top 2 is sown up and you have a final campaign starting the next week?

I'm expecting a shootout that won't see much physical punishment dealt out.

As far as I can tell from last year, you also dropped Jolly to allow Fraser to get his last game. Other than that, the "not giving two sh*ts" is something you've conjured up over the year to deflect.

Leigh Brown was suspended for his strike on Graham Johncock and missed one game as a result. Jolly did play and kicked a few goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It clearly means more to Geelong, given their supporter base have a persecution complex with the media.

Pot, meet kettle.

A lot of Woods supporters really are playing this game down. I don't blame them. Only one side has beaten them all year. We all know that deep down, they want payback. They will love to go into finals as the true favorite, and if they beat the Cats on Friday, the lid will be off for sure (if it is not already off, filed away in a safe somewhere bound for orbit)

The Pies will win the flag so easily it's not funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats vs Pies round 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back