FTA-TV Celeb Amazing Race

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked Ross and Tarryn as soon as I saw them. They just seemed like such nice people from the outset and my Dad was an old Fitzroy fan who raved about Ross.

My number #1 team are definitely the aboriginal cousins, but I fear they could make a monumental travel related blunder at some stage :(

It's a joke.

Not only that but you need to be somehow related or know someone in the media to get picked. Nathan dating a top Australian model, Mel a radio personality, that pair that had the sister that is an actor.

Good luck getting onto the show if you're just the average Australian.

Mel, who was a bitch to her sister, is the DJ involved in the prank call storm.

no idea, but i'll be watching it a day late so I can watch ad free.

I'm really not keen on the whole NZ v AUS thing, perhaps it will be ok.

I just think the format is strong enough to survive without such gimmicks.

I really enjoyed the most recent all stars TAR (US), and the Canadian Amazing Race series too, I hope that will be back.

Telecast starts in New Zealand on 15 July 2014. I imagine Australia will begin airing the series on that day also.

The series itself will contain 10 teams with five from Australia and five from New Zealand. Grant Bowler is hosting once again as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't seem too gimicky, just allowing teams from NZ to enter. Not so bad tbh, as long as their accents aren't too annoying ;)

I'd love a series of Survivor to feature different nationalities (like not just Asian-American, actual people from Asia for example) but it will never happen cause their "rules" state they must be American citizens to take part.

But yeah I dont mind the AUS v NZ thing at all. I fail to see how their accents wont be annoying tho :p

Which is a Tuesday. Suits me. :thumbsu:

Wonder if they'll have a challenge to do with sheep.... :D

Ewe can bet yourself a serving a fush and chups there'll be a sheep related task in there. ;)

I'd love a series of Survivor to feature different nationalities (like not just Asian-American, actual people from Asia for example) but it will never happen cause their "rules" state they must be American citizens to take part.

But yeah I dont mind the AUS v NZ thing at all. I fail to see how their accents wont be annoying tho :p

A world Amazing Race would be good, two teams from some of the versions shown in each country. Could have around 16-18 teams and have legs where two teams are eliminated so that the series doesn't drag on for too long.

no idea, but i'll be watching it a day late so I can watch ad free.

I'm really not keen on the whole NZ v AUS thing, perhaps it will be ok.

I just think the format is strong enough to survive without such gimmicks.

I really enjoyed the most recent all stars TAR (US), and the Canadian Amazing Race series too, I hope that will be back.

The All Stars season in the US was great. Was hoping for the Cowboys to win and then the Brenchels when the Cowboys got eliminated.

Probst has his lawyers going through the licensing agreements to find a loophole to allow international competitors in the US Survivor series. If they can do an NZ vs Aus version of TAR, surely they can do an NZ vs Aus version of Survivor. It would make more sense than doing one for TAR. I'd assume it's not financially viable to do our own Season of Survivor here.

The All Stars season in the US was great.

Sorry, but: OH NO IT WAS NOT.

Anyway, back to topic...

This could be good. It could be sucky. Having seen how Seven managed to bugger up The Mole by trying to shoehorn MKR into it, I suspect we're headed for suckytown. I will be more than happy if I am proven wrong, though.

Probst has his lawyers going through the licensing agreements to find a loophole to allow international competitors in the US Survivor series. If they can do an NZ vs Aus version of TAR, surely they can do an NZ vs Aus version of Survivor. It would make more sense than doing one for TAR. I'd assume it's not financially viable to do our own Season of Survivor here.

Ah that Probst. Is there anything he cant do?

Srsly, that would be great, could liven the whole show up a bit.

As for your last comment- are you on glue? :p Australian Survivor was one of the biggest disasters on TV. Period. And may we never please speak of it again haha.

This could be good. It could be sucky. Having seen how Seven managed to bugger up The Mole by trying to shoehorn MKR into it, I suspect we're headed for suckytown. I will be more than happy if I am proven wrong, though.

I think the US TAR people have a lot of say as to how the international versions are actually presented (as in they can't stray too far from the US format) so I think we should be OK in terms of any Mole-like rubbish

Sorry, but: OH NO IT WAS NOT.

Anyway, back to topic...

Yeah the last US All Stars series sucked balls, the only two teams I liked were the Globetrotters and the Cowboys, once they got eliminated I lost interest. At least Brendon & Rachel didn't win, she has to be one of the most annoying reality contestants I've ever seen.

Looking forward to this series, the first two Australian series were great, a lot better than I expected and having NZ teams should give it a bit more of a competitive edge.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Celeb Amazing Race

Remove this Banner Ad

Back