Central Highlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so you spend your time spying on Learmonth footballers, Good stuff :thumbsdown:
Nah just the arrogant prick ignored a certain sumone that day!
Heard a few whispers from people in the know as well.
Guessing u would be the pretty boy seen fairy footing it avoiding the mud for coin toss last season??
The fan club comes to the rescue :D

Nah just the arrogant prick ignored a certain sumone that day!
Heard a few whispers from people in the know as well.
Guessing u would be the pretty boy seen fairy footing it avoiding the mud for coin toss last season??
The fan club comes to the rescue :D

Mate you've lost me, all i can go with from that is that you are having a crack at the 2007 learmonth captain who i think you will find is no longer at the club. So no that is not me. Might wanna check with your fan club again.
Beacham was probley ignoring you because your a deadbeat, i bet you get that alot.

Mate you've lost me, all i can go with from that is that you are having a crack at the 2007 learmonth captain who i think you will find is no longer at the club. So no that is not me. Might wanna check with your fan club again.
Beacham was probley ignoring you because your a deadbeat, i bet you get that alot.
I was refering to beachams fan club, which ur obviously part of!
Mate, we had a crack at the learmonth coach, which was just a bit of a dig, initially meant as smart ass fun.....but the bull shit that came out in his response was such dribble!! Adopted.... jeez deal with ur issues aj!
Being a deadbeat, i didnt get the chance to know him personally, (which was lucky really) but it was a teenage boy known very well to me that he choose to ignore that day. Discussion was over idiot, why bring it back?

Lakers to go well in the BFL in 08 posted by u in BFL thread....isnt that where the ex-learmonth captain is headed animal, must be a coincidence ??;)

I was refering to beachams fan club, which ur obviously part of!
Mate, we had a crack at the learmonth coach, which was just a bit of a dig, initially meant as smart ass fun.....but the bull shit that came out in his response was such dribble!! Adopted.... jeez deal with ur issues aj!
Being a deadbeat, i didnt get the chance to know him personally, (which was lucky really) but it was a teenage boy known very well to me that he choose to ignore that day. Discussion was over idiot, why bring it back?

Lakers to go well in the BFL in 08 posted by u in BFL thread....isnt that where the ex-learmonth captain is headed animal, must be a coincidence ??;)

Good one Brains. Your My Hero.
Where do i sign up for your fanclub?

Ok had ur fun, time to move on.

Not much talk bout the fixture for 2008, whos happy and whos not :D

Which of the top teams has the easier draw?
Who has the easiest run home?
My thoughts..
Daylesford have Clunes Beaufort Creswick & Hepburn twice, so based on this years performance (not knowing transfers) they would hav a easy run with Hepburn being only threat.
Waubra have Learmonth Springbank Gordon & Bungaree, a bit harder with all but gordon finishing in the top part of the ladder.
Hepburn hav gordon ballan newlyn & daylesford twice, also a possible easy run with the exception of the final round.

Yes moving right along.
It will definatly be interesting when it comes the time of the year where we play sides for a 2nd time, I'd say those 3 will be reasonably close in points at that stage an i'd say the last 4 rounds will pay a big part in who has the first week of the finals off.

Bunningyong have a pretty easy draw, and with their big spending pre and post christmas should expect to at least make the 5. if not they will underachieve.

Also look out for dunnstown to rise and waubra to fall. daylesford top of the ladder by a few games easy.

Bunningyong have a pretty easy draw, and with their big spending pre and post christmas should expect to at least make the 5. if not they will underachieve.

Also look out for dunnstown to rise and waubra to fall. daylesford top of the ladder by a few games easy.

Please explain why dunnstown will rise and waubra to fall? I've heard nothing to suggest that waubra will be considerably weaker this year. How can you say Daylesford will finish on top easily? I think its a bit early to be suggesting those kind of things unless your a psychic.
:confused::confused:

Please explain why dunnstown will rise and waubra to fall? I've heard nothing to suggest that waubra will be considerably weaker this year. How can you say Daylesford will finish on top easily? I think its a bit early to be suggesting those kind of things unless your a psychic.

Waubra have and will lose more players. Dont get me wrong they will still be in the top 5 but not the dominant team they have been the last 2 years. Disipline, attitude and committment all to drop with the exit of Skontra.

Dunnstown have picked up where they needed while keeping their list together. And Daylesford with their draw and depth in playing list will get enough wins to be 3 games clear at the end of the H & W season.

Hepburn have opened up a second checkbook to try and keep what they had and to recruit some more talent to compete with Daylesford. Not sure how long the blank cheques can last??

Does anyone know how ex-Bunga strong man Glenn Kerr is going with his first senior coaching role at Crewsick, heard that they have been very busy down Geelong way and have signed a few already. Will need to recruit 10 plus players to be competative.
Am also interested in the fortunes of the Wickers with Kerr at the helm so look forward to any updates. Played a bit of footy with him and he is a stand up guy with a decent rig. Hopefully he can pull them out of the mire they have been in for the past 15 years but as stated they need a heap of players.

Can anyone tell me if the following Bungaree stalwarts are going on this year as I have heard they have all retired or moved on. It would be a huge loss of games experience for Bungaree as I understand they have all played over 200 senior games;

Tony Trigg
Paul Steenhuis
Phil Jeffrey
Mick Steenhuis
Mat McDonald
Ethan Johnstone

Can confirm that Damian Kinnersley (ex East Point, ex Torquay) will be coaching Clunes in 2008 - should be a real asset around the club as he lives and breathes footy.

By all reports, the list will remain largely unchanged, so the Magpies won't be slipping into Gordon-like territory, but at the same time they won't be charging up the ladder.

Could it be that Learmonth is the team to look out for in 2008? No key losses (aside from the skipper), and the addition of a few key position players may give them the firepower to match it with the premiership contenders.

Or it may all be piss and wind - as was the case for a number of teams last year (Ballan, Bungaree...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me if the following Bungaree stalwarts are going on this year as I have heard they have all retired or moved on. It would be a huge loss of games experience for Bungaree as I understand they have all played over 200 senior games;

Paul Steenhuis
Phil Jeffrey
Ethan Johnstone

The first two played twos for bunga all of 2007 and unclear on there intentions in 08. EJ has changed clubs as far as im aware.
Mat McDonald definatly playing on.
Unsure of the other two

Waubra have and will lose more players. Dont get me wrong they will still be in the top 5 but not the dominant team they have been the last 2 years. Disipline, attitude and committment all to drop with the exit of Skontra.

Dunnstown have picked up where they needed while keeping their list together. And Daylesford with their draw and depth in playing list will get enough wins to be 3 games clear at the end of the H & W season.

Hepburn have opened up a second checkbook to try and keep what they had and to recruit some more talent to compete with Daylesford. Not sure how long the blank cheques can last??

can you name the players waubra has lost as have not heard any losses at this stage??

If you actually got your ass to training B diddy you may find out the ins and outs for Waubs. Hear on the grape vine that the number 9 may be coming out of retirement. Hey bunga where is EJ heading?

The first two played twos for bunga all of 2007 and unclear on there intentions in 08. EJ has changed clubs as far as im aware.
Mat McDonald definatly playing on.
Unsure of the other two
With G Kerr moving on as well it sounds like the final steps in the chnaging of the gaurd at Bungaree as all of those players have been senior players since the early 90's.

If Torch and Stubba give it away will that mean that there will be no Steenhuis named in the Bungaree ones for the first time in 20+ years?

Joe Mckay to bendigo moving for work and has had talks with Sandhurst. Def replacable but still a loss.

Would be very surprised if Joe McKAY left dunnstown, is moving toBendigo for work but was living in melb all 2007 season and travelled back. All his family and mates at Dunnstown so next to no chance of him leaving.

Would be very surprised if Joe McKAY left dunnstown, is moving toBendigo for work but was living in melb all 2007 season and travelled back. All his family and mates at Dunnstown so next to no chance of him leaving.

last i seen him he was on the phone to a work collegue in Bendigo who is on the commitee at sandhurst and was organising to train next week, apparently they think he goes alright from all reports and are will to cough a 100 bucs a game. Joe is also not keen on traveling anymore and was liking his chances of being able to match it with the guys in the bendigo league.

Just heard Dunnstown a close to a new signing from the Geelong football league....apparently a good mate of Joel Murphy and Joe Mckay

Yeah i heard this too. Blokes name is Nick Casey i believe, Tall well built CHB with a booming kick and strong hands. Also in talks with former GFL star FF Zvonimir Suto. Would be very handy pick ups

Yeah i heard this too. Blokes name is Nick Casey i believe, Tall well built CHB with a booming kick and strong hands. Also in talks with former GFL star FF Zvonimir Suto. Would be very handy pick ups

whos the full forward did he play with the taliban.Dont no if joe mckay has the skills to play in a major league but he's super fit and a real goer.Im not sure but i think he won a bnf at Dunnstown

Zvonimir Suto is a gun. Find it hard to believe that he would come to the CHFL and if he did it would cost the club a packet. From what I hear he was around a 1k a game in geelong, but that was about 5 years ago playing for St Marys....He would have to be in late 30's now. Ild guess that he has been playing in teh GDFL of recent years. Whats his connection to D'Town...
All of D'Towns players would be young enough to be his sons......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back