Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROOTA#6 said:
Whats happened to upset him? He has been a loyal servant of that club, it must be something major
heard a whisper that he had enough of the Raiders and heading out to the bush to gather some money coming to the end.
Forsyth heading Kerang?? what is the go with Filo? Staying or going? is Brickie staying giving it another shot Go Cohuna?

Go Cohuna said:
Yeh it must be major, but i have heard that Simon Morton from Murrabit is coaching raiders next year and that they will be throwing a bit of money at some players next year.
They would be throwing alot of money around for Morto...puts good $$ on his head.

CLIFTON WANNABE said:
heard a whisper that he had enough of the Raiders and heading out to the bush to gather some money coming to the end.
Forsyth heading Kerang?? what is the go with Filo? Staying or going? is Brickie staying giving it another shot Go Cohuna?
Yeh i'm pretty sure brickie will coach again i hope he does it again because he does a good job.

Now the final 5 has been decided, was just wondering on the possible comings and goings next year. Is it fair to say that Boga have had a relaxed year, not spending any money. I have heard on the grapevine, they have put all their eggs in next years basket. A few coming back from reports.

CLIFTON WANNABE said:
Forsyth is already a joint coach this year.. So doesn't seem to be too far out there, if he was to coach again next yr??

Deckchair said:
Hehe, would like a little more footy under my belt before taking on a coaching role Tripper. Had an assistant job a while back to gain some experience but got pushed out of that position for some "big name" recruit. ( :

Chin up Danny Deck Chair, there will be an opportunity for you at some stage....maybe Yooralla thirds next year? Also heard that you should change your name to 'Arm Chair' after the ride your team mates have given you this year!

Guus Hiddink said:
Now the final 5 has been decided, was just wondering on the possible comings and goings next year. Is it fair to say that Boga have had a relaxed year, not spending any money. I have heard on the grapevine, they have put all their eggs in next years basket. A few coming back from reports.
What about Neagle, if they can win like they did whithout him being there is he worth his money?

footyhas3sides said:
What about Neagle, if they can win like they did whithout him being there is he worth his money?

I wouldn't think it would take oo many brains to coach Balranald at the moment. Just get them on the park and let them play. Neagle is off at the end off this season isn't he?

ROOTA#6 said:
I wouldn't think it would take oo many brains to coach Balranald at the moment. Just get them on the park and let them play. Neagle is off at the end off this season isn't he?
supposed to be heading back to Mildura from my whispers.

footyhas3sides said:
Probably not.. But i'd say his reputation is a big factor in them being able to attract the players they have, other than the $$$'s of course!!

Sockit151 said:
Probably not.. But i'd say his reputation is a big factor in them being able to attract the players they have, other than the $$$'s of course!!
That is what i mean, what good to your reputation when your team of stars can play much better when you are not present, surely a coach would want examples of his expertise getting a side over the line when hte backs were agaisnt the wall rather than your players winning by a record score with you absent

footyhas3sides said:
That is what i mean, what good to your reputation when your team of stars can play much better when you are not present, surely a coach would want examples of his expertise getting a side over the line when hte backs were agaisnt the wall rather than your players winning by a record score with you absent
Unsure if you missed my point?? I was just of the opinion that they may not have had the full list of stars they do, if Neagle wasn't the coach to start with??
Athough i can see, that he may have taken it as a bit of a slap in the face that they played their best game without him!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sockit151 said:
Unsure if you missed my point?? I was just of the opinion that they may not have had the full list of stars they do, if Neagle wasn't the coach to start with??
Athough i can see, that he may have taken it as a bit of a slap in the face that they played their best game without him!!
Fair enough, but should clubs judge coaches by who they bring with them or what they do actually coaching?

footyhas3sides said:
Fair enough, but should clubs judge coaches by who they bring with them or what they do actually coaching?
It seems we agree that once you have the players you just wind them up and let em go.. So i would say that getting players seems to be most important..
BUT, if his coaching is letting them down in the big games then obviously not worth it. They must win this year or he will be seen to have failed over the past two seasons. I think everyone would agree with that!!

Sockit151 said:
It seems we agree that once you have the players you just wind them up and let em go.. So i would say that getting players seems to be most important..
BUT, if his coaching is letting them down in the big games then obviously not worth it. They must win this year or he will be seen to have failed over the past two seasons. I think everyone would agree with that!!

Totally

Sockit151 said:

Some truth there Sockit. Interesting to note if they win it will be because of the players and the money they spent, however if they lose it will be Neagle's fault.

Yaaablett said:
Some truth there Sockit. Interesting to note if they win it will be because of the players and the money they spent, however if they lose it will be Neagle's fault.
No i don't think so.. I put most of the credit behind Neagle for the fact that he had been able to put such a strong team together.. I think it would be ignorant to say that many of them would be there without the $$'s, but i think the reputation that Neagle has as a successful coach would have played a huge role i many of them joining the Roos..

Yaaablett said:

You would know better than anyone i would imagine Yaaabs that if the team succeeds all all to do with the players and the money, but if they fail then the coach bears the brunt. Its not always fair but it happens that way

Yaaablett said:

i think if they lose it will not fall on only neagles shoulders but the players and club as well. if they lose the final it will be because they were outplayed, to be outplayed you need to be outcoached by the opposition so if they lose sure some of the blame has to stick with neagle but the players will know that they didn't play well enough to win it either. they have been the yardstick all year and then got cann cleared (hasn't played does anyone know the real reason) and now have oppenlander back. did they have a bit of disbelief that the side they had wasn't good enough and needed a few more to try and guarnatee the premiership? more egg on thier face than last year if they lose

the gloved 1 said:
i think if they lose it will not fall on only neagles shoulders but the players and club as well. if they lose the final it will be because they were outplayed, to be outplayed you need to be outcoached by the opposition so if they lose sure some of the blame has to stick with neagle but the players will know that they didn't play well enough to win it either. they have been the yardstick all year and then got cann cleared (hasn't played does anyone know the real reason) and now have oppenlander back. did they have a bit of disbelief that the side they had wasn't good enough and needed a few more to try and guarnatee the premiership? more egg on thier face than last year if they lose
Spot on.. They have rolled a massive dice over the last 2-3 yrs and if it doesn't pay off, they could be in some serious trouble in the future.

Sockit151 said:
Spot on.. They have rolled a massive dice over the last 2-3 yrs and if it doesn't pay off, they could be in some serious trouble in the future.

labarbet new gun ant onley should have not got a week every one agree:thumbsu:

ROOTA#6 said:
You would know better than anyone i would imagine Yaaabs that if the team succeeds all all to do with the players and the money, but if they fail then the coach bears the brunt. Its not always fair but it happens that way

I've been on both sides (as coach of winning and losing GF's) and you just accept the good with the bad. Just reckon if Balranald lose, Neagle will cop it from the general public because people think it gives them credibility- along the lines of they must know what they're talking about because they're bagging a coach.

Yaaablett said:
I've been on both sides (as coach of winning and losing GF's) and you just accept the good with the bad. Just reckon if Balranald lose, Neagle will cop it from the general public because people think it gives them credibility- along the lines of they must know what they're talking about because they're bagging a coach.

Don't think merv will have to worry about copping to much, coz i reckon they will win it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back