Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be very keen on Whiterod Roota??
I wouldn't be so certain, the times i saw him i didn't think he was great, including gf, and i would probably have rated Pollock and maybe Walters in front of him this year!!

You have got to be joking Sockit. Pollock didn't play in the ruck most of the time. I will say that Walters had a sensational year, improved out of sight, but for me Whiterod was the standout big fella in the comp this year

I'm a Charlton boy and I've heard that we've picked up Gav Spinks for next year. Can anyone tell me if he can play?

Charlton hey? Yet, not once have you posted on the NCFL thread? But yes I'm told he can play. I saw 4-5 TM games this year and he only played once. Didn't do much but I think he had ankle trouble all year.

So Spinks not going to be lining up for Charlton KNIFE
I doubt it very much it certianly wouldnt be money Farms at Kyalite and lives in Tooley Would not get a nicer Family. Been tooly all their life Played at Denny because that is were he was working at the time also on the commitee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who really cares. Alot of hits for a rumour with very little substance.

I've got a bit of serious discussion (maybe)

With Premiership hopefulls such as Tyntynder (Parsons), Tooly, Kerang, Swan Hill etc its interesting to note that none of these Clubs have opted for tried and true GF/premiership coaches. Granted some have premiership experience and and all are top players. Also worth considering why in several circumstances their own clubs did/couldn't secure their services and are still left without a coach.

What are your thoughts???

With Premiership hopefulls such as Tyntynder (Parsons), Tooly, Kerang, Swan Hill etc its interesting to note that none of these Clubs have opted for tried and true GF/premiership coaches. Granted some have premiership experience and and all are top players. Also worth considering why in several circumstances their own clubs did/couldn't secure their services and are still left without a coach.

Maybe there are not many tried and true premiership coaches around or available for that matter.
Is it possible that a premiership coach who has been there done that doesn't harbour the same hunger as a coach whom is yet to taste premiership success. How sure are you that Forsyth hasn't coached elsewhere with success? Don't overestimate the value of a coach in terms of success, a reasonable coach with a good playing list will win more premierships than a gun coach who's getting the most out of a bunch of duds.

I'm certainly not underestimating Forsyth's value. He certainly may be the exception. I think he had a fair bit of input last year (more than most a/c's) from my observations from a far and also happen to miss out on that premiership by a whisker. I beleive he has played in Hamilton and N.T and i'm not aware of him coaching before Kerang.

When faced with the choice of star coach/ average player and average coach/ star player, clubs these days go for the latter. I reckon most clubs pick a guy and hope they can coach but if they cant at least they get a good player. I'm not saying thats wrong either. Its the old saying -Do players make coaches or do coaches make players/teams. Also I reckon a star player can cause more trouble if they cannot coach.

coaches can only do so much. its up to the players what happens. balranald this year had there biggest win (lalbert 50.26) without neagle. lee anderson took over that day and hasnt had much success as coach.

coaches can only do so much. its up to the players what happens. balranald this year had there biggest win (lalbert 50.26) without neagle. lee anderson took over that day and hasnt had much success as coach.

Anderson didnt coach or even play that day, Assistant coach Guy Booker coached that day & did an amazing job...

Anyone on here know of an ex Dingley boy, Clinton Brooks? I can't remember what club he was with or even if he is still there but he transferred to the cmfl a few years back. Was a great player at Dingley and was just wondering if he was firing up there. Any info would be great. Cheers.

Perhaps Trent u should use your own advice Trent, don't u think Whiterod is good as his last game, (BOG in a winning GF)???? Stop making excuses mate u blokes were beaten by a better team on the day, end of story.
toshay kelvin,
would hate to be lining up against you round one, could set a new league record for most goals kicked, using this thread as ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back