Not open for further replies.
FOOZ said:
if you want the man to play in 2007 mark alvies package consists of;
25 to 45k to coach
$1500 sign on fee
$1000 for every final made
$3000 for grand final made
$2000 to $3000 help him move house
45 to 55k or above job in sports, fitness, sales or marketing.
Albury are flying him up there to see if they can grab him....
what are people's thoughts??

You'd have absolutely no idea what Mark is doing next year or what package he would need. Don't guess it helps no-one.

Yaaablett said:
You'd have absolutely no idea what Mark is doing next year or what package he would need. Don't guess it helps no-one.

thats no guess mate he has made it official to every club around its written in black and white my friend.

FOOZ said:
25 to 45k to coach
$1500 sign on fee
$2000 to $3000 help him move to the house that you get for him

Don't forget the $100 TAB vouchers every week!

FOOZ said:
25 to 45k to coach
$1500 sign on fee
No idea if this is true or not,
But i'd say anyone who could look you in the eye and ask for this is far from worth it. COUNRTY FOOTY i realise is becoming more business like, but for 95% of guys it's still about playing for the fun of it with mates who you trust are there for you. If your going around asking for this sort of package may as well **** off to the city, b/c all your team mates will only put up with you cos you win them games and will know you only play for the cash and couldn't really give a toss about them. Sooner or later the bubble bursts and every one is piised off bar the guy who just stole your 100 grand? Be mad to pay this kind of deal??

Reverse Gerry said:
But i'd say anyone who could look you in the eye and ask for this is far from worth it. COUNRTY FOOTY i realise is becoming more business like, but for 95% of guys it's still about playing for the fun of it with mates who you trust are there for you. If your going around asking for this sort of package may as well **** off to the city, b/c all your team mates will only put up with you cos you win them games and will know you only play for the cash and couldn't really give a toss about them. Sooner or later the bubble bursts and every one is piised off bar the guy who just stole your 100 grand? Be mad to pay this kind of deal??

yes i totaly agree, i have got this information from 3 board members from 3 different clubs around the state and one club in this league so i can only gather that this is what he has put out there. if anyone can confirm any different please do so.

Reverse Gerry said:

I beg to differ Gerry, I know it's a lot of money but would the bloke also bring a few with him, I know we're not to mention it but Harvey at Wakool has brought a few and I would pencil them in for a granny appearance.

If he brings players and contacts I would personally want my club to have a chat to him, if not, then catch you later Alvey.

Guus Hiddink said:
I beg to differ Gerry, I know it's a lot of money but would the bloke also bring a few with him, I know we're not to mention it but Harvey at Wakool has brought a few and I would pencil them in for a granny appearance.

If he brings players and contacts I would personally want my club to have a chat to him, if not, then catch you later Alvey.

reminds me Gus along with his package apparently he wants to know what the club has to spend due to him having the ability to be able to bring some quality players to the club that he coaches. so in other words he would also like an old fashioned open cheque book.

FOOZ said:
reminds me Gus along with his package apparently he wants to know what the club has to spend due to him having the ability to be able to bring some quality players to the club that he coaches. so in other words he would also like an old fashioned open cheque book.

Sounds like he is related to Trevor Ryan!!!

FOOZ said:

It's Guus, get it right Foz. :D

The money now starts to add up pretty quickly. You would definitely need a board member controlling that.

Next question who else is out there in coach land that people can approach. Would anyone want Garth? Has a good record and can play the game.

Three board members from three different clubs around the state Foozy???? sounds like you know a lot of clubs board members or are you also in the mix to lead these clubs???? whats your package? pie & sause per game, plus drink each final, grand final = pie sause, drink and big snake?

FOOZ said:
yes i totaly agree, i have got this information from 3 board members from 3 different clubs around the state and one club in this league so i can only gather that this is what he has put out there. if anyone can confirm any different please do so.

That is an absolute lie. A player with AFL experience will obviously get a good dollar coaching in the country. Why attempt to harm this blokes credibility by making things up? Do you not want him in the league, jealousy- gotta be something. Wake up to yourself. :thumbsdown:

Guus Hiddink said:

Sounds too good to be true now you mention it.
Spend all your money and then some, make a granny or maybe win one, everyone ****es off leaving a handful of local premiership players, no reserves, no loyal clubmen playing, and bingo no club either for the next 5 or 10 years if ever?? Be interesting to see how the likes of Balranald and Wakool go in the next 2 or 3 years - it all beer & skittles now but will it be worth it?

Reverse Gerry said:
Sounds too good to be true now you mention it.
Spend all your money and then some, make a granny or maybe win one, everyone ****es off leaving a handful of local premiership players, no reserves, no loyal clubmen playing, and bingo no club either for the next 5 or 10 years if ever?? Be interesting to see how the likes of Balranald and Wakool go in the next 2 or 3 years - it all beer & skittles now but will it be worth it?

:thumbsu: Great call Gerry and good food for thought. But the other side of the coin says that a lot of these clubs will probably go bust eventually anyway, the curse of country football.
If indeed you save your pennies and keep trying to build your club up to last for many years the truth is that they may never get any success, and still have no club.
Some times it is better to role the dice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOOZ said:

Just spoke to the man himself. Has not spoken terms or even hinted at terms with any of the clubs that have spoken to him. You tosser.

behind_post said:
anyone tell me how bannam goes for balranald? seen him play several times in the NCFL as a onballer/forward few years back....classy!! kicked many goals from what i can remember
now thats all settled why dont we talk bout wats happening...not the wat ifs hey? can anyone answer my previous post bout bannam?

Yaaablett said:
Just spoke to the man himself. Has not spoken terms or even hinted at terms with any of the clubs that have spoken to him. You tosser.

Interesting. So Yaaablett, what are the mans intentions if you don't mind me asking? Is he in talks with anyone? Will he talk to any club? And the million dollar question,,,,,How much?

Guus Hiddink said:
Interesting. So Yaaablett, what are the mans intentions if you don't mind me asking? Is he in talks with anyone? Will he talk to any club? And the million dollar question,,,,,How much?

He wants to coach. Would be after no more than a normal coach's salary and a job. I doubt he will speak to just any club. I would say he'll speak to 2 or 3 and make a decision from there.

behind_post said:
now thats all settled why dont we talk bout wats happening...not the wat ifs hey? can anyone answer my previous post bout bannam?

Bannam is a fantasic footballer, very versatile can play anywhere and is having a very good consistent year with the roo's from all reports..

SwanHillPremiers2006 said:
just reading the coaches 07 forum and looks like tooleytang are going to get rid of another successful coach at the end of the season? with Mark "TAB" Alvey sniffing around the bucs cash!!!!

Think you will find that he was actually travelling with garath "I sleep in the spa" arentz.. Simply people reading to much into it.. Acording to sources heavily involved in the Aulbury minor league, he is only weeks away from signing on as coach, and if not will be happy to remain at wenty.

Yaaablett said:
Acco, Who will take the respective key forwards? TM have Arentz, Spinks and the Big Horse Cullen, while Bal have Lloyd, Jess and Lucas.

i hope "BIg horse Cullen" is in reference to the distinct facial features and not anything else

so what are the thoughts on the game of the round this weekend? Is it a grand final preview?? Tooley Vs Balranald im obviously talking bout.. Fantastic match-ups all over the ground, what are peoples thoughts, whose gunna win & why??

Yaaablett said:
That is an absolute lie. A player with AFL experience will obviously get a good dollar coaching in the country. Why attempt to harm this blokes credibility by making things up? Do you not want him in the league, jealousy- gotta be something. Wake up to yourself. :thumbsdown:

good call yablett.. oh oh i can here something... oh is it, could it be.. oh yep Swan Hill and district tall poppy syndrome.. met the man once, semed like a good bloke, leave the man be.. what right has anyone got to get on here and bag him.. unless you are a premiership coach, or a well regarded coach, keep your mouth shut..

FOOZ said:
25 to 45k to coach
$1500 sign on fee

I'm looking for a coaching role this is my package

8-10k to coach (which is reasonable for a player with no prior coaching experience)
1k to sign (i got 5k for the new Fernwood ads but I will give you mates rates)
if i'm coaching we won't make the finals so skip that part
money to move? who said anything about moving, your club should have enough to fly me up tue, thurs and sat
and don't need to find me a job, for the money i have saved you by not employing Alvey i want a clause in my contract (just like Akka) so that i can stick with my media commitments to compensate

what do you think of that package?

Bryan Strauchan#59 said:
I'm looking for a coaching role this is my package

8-10k to coach (which is reasonable for a player with no prior coaching experience)
1k to sign (i got 5k for the new Fernwood ads but I will give you mates rates)
if i'm coaching we won't make the finals so skip that part
money to move? who said anything about moving, your club should have enough to fly me up tue, thurs and sat
and don't need to find me a job, for the money i have saved you by not employing Alvey i want a clause in my contract (just like Akka) so that i can stick with my media commitments to compensate

what do you think of that package?
I think it is as realistic as the previous package.

FOOZ said:
Deckchair said:
"..... please be a man and name the many individuals?"

G'day there fooz,

first of all, you ask our mate deckchair to be a man and name the many individuals! (On a completely different issue, yes i understand, but you wrote it)

Than as i read on, you put on an alleged coaching offer buy an ex-afl player!

apparently ur information came from "3 board members from 3 different clubs around the state and one club in this league".... great work grisham!

i'm neither here nor there on the matter, just heard this was a hot thread, but i'm wondering if you'll "..... please be a man and name the many individuals?" (aka . . . the 3 board members)!

You seem pretty brave when slagging off at others ... lets see you throw 3 legit names into the fire!

Or else i'd suggest your info is absolute dribble!

I agree with YAAABLETT, sounds like a jealous person doing this! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back