Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
deledio_gun said:
On the topic of sundays game, from a reliable hospital source, Holt has had scans and what was first thought to have kept him out for a long stint, he is now said to be a 50/50 chance of lining up on sunday after his scans where all but clear.

Hope the name of your source doesn't get out. Confidentiality, not high at the hospital these days!

deledio_gun said:
On the topic of sundays game, from a reliable hospital source, Holt has had scans and what was first thought to have kept him out for a long stint, he is now said to be a 50/50 chance of lining up on sunday after his scans where all but clear.

Saw the young man yesterday evening, was moving "gingerly". When questioned re: the string, he was not positive.

In summing up D.Gun, if he's 50/50 an even money wager is on the cards, you want in??

Oh by the way l think you have to be trained to read those scans, not just be polishing the floor near the machine...............

deledio_gun said:

if his scans were all but clear would mean that it shows extreme damage but if they were clear that would mean the 50/50 your talking about. then again if they were clear you would think that he would be better than 50/50 considering it's an elimination

Roo girl said:
Peter Scunger Doyle retired from the Cohuna Kangas on Saturday after their win. Great footballer, extremly good career and even better bloke. Pity he wont be playing next year as a lot of the local talent from a few years back are returning.. no one liked to see the mighty kangas struggle, have been such a power house since entering the swan hill biased base league, expect big things as talks of names such as Bartram brothers, andersons, eastons and the likes all return... maybe a few holdstocks to come aswell.. Big talks of a huge 2007 for the Kangas, should be amazing!

more teet pullers, thats all we need... i would say it's about time doyle retires, he is 35 and working on a dairy farm. now he can focus on his beloved cows. just because your seniors can't win a premiership, don't take it out on what league your playing in... they've had their chances and i dont think a few more two headed loser's will help your chances next year...

Scrappa's Love Child said:
MISSING: Has anyone seen this man? Last seen wearing blue and gold. Please help.
555_24000l.jpg
SACKED

Roo girl said:
Peter Scunger Doyle retired from the Cohuna Kangas on Saturday after their win. Great footballer, extremly good career and even better bloke. Pity he wont be playing next year as a lot of the local talent from a few years back are returning.. no one liked to see the mighty kangas struggle, have been such a power house since entering the swan hill biased base league, expect big things as talks of names such as Bartram brothers, andersons, eastons and the likes all return... maybe a few holdstocks to come aswell.. Big talks of a huge 2007 for the Kangas, should be amazing!

Roo girl, I don't think you should be talking the club up to big for 2007 until you put a few of those names to paper. Are you sure your not from Lalbert?

DOCKERS said:
more teet pullers, thats all we need... i would say it's about time doyle retires, he is 35 and working on a dairy farm. now he can focus on his beloved cows. just because your seniors can't win a premiership, don't take it out on what league your playing in... they've had their chances and i dont think a few more two headed loser's will help your chances next year...

Oh real clever teasing a profession such as dairying. Righto suppose your milk comes from a shop and thats all the knowledge you entail? Typical swan hill what occupations would you prefer we follow? Heard the drug dealing in swan hill goes good until the coppers reach the Owie on a saturday night... whoops!! Scunga Doyle was a loyal servant to the club and has had a brilliant career, no one can take that away from him. As for all the other Cohuna knockers, agreed not much to show in the senior ranks in the form of premierships however no one can deny the form of the club in the finals almost every year since entering the CMFL. Not too many clubs can claim this. At least they are having a crack in using what they have locally instead of hiring a couple of money hungry players to win a flag... such a gutless way out! Just take Nyah Nyah west for perfect example.. Winning a flag one year and dead broke another, looking ahead into the future is what the kangas are all about.

DOCKERS said:

Do your homework Dockers. Bit of research before you call any of those boys 'LOSERS'!

Roo girl said:
Oh real clever teasing a profession such as dairying. Righto suppose your milk comes from a shop and thats all the knowledge you entail? Typical swan hill what occupations would you prefer we follow? Heard the drug dealing in swan hill goes good until the coppers reach the Owie on a saturday night... whoops!! Scunga Doyle was a loyal servant to the club and has had a brilliant career, no one can take that away from him. As for all the other Cohuna knockers, agreed not much to show in the senior ranks in the form of premierships however no one can deny the form of the club in the finals almost every year since entering the CMFL. Not too many clubs can claim this. At least they are having a crack in using what they have locally instead of hiring a couple of money hungry players to win a flag... such a gutless way out! Just take Nyah Nyah west for perfect example.. Winning a flag one year and dead broke another, looking ahead into the future is what the kangas are all about.

is it two people operating this user name or just that ppl from cohuna have 2 heads and 2 personalities? are you the sister of go cohuna becuase you sound a lot like him. at least nyah have silverware in their cabinet from the CMFL and are prepared to stay in the Swan Hill biased league and tough it out unlike some other clubs. getting in the finals don't mean s hit, it doesn't get sponsors, it obviously doesn't help you recruit a premiership side. you have been lucky that your 2's and 3rds have been so successfull otherwise people wouldn't even know the towns name. as for the drug trade in swan hill i wouldn't have thought you knew about that yet considering the bush telegraph bypases cohuna like everything else does...oh thats right you aren't in cohuna you are one of these others who have left to better your life

Roo girl said:
Thought i saw a few dairy farms around Swan Hole the other day when i was passing through .Also saw an article in that fine scribe they call the Gaurdian abought a super dairy in the region ,somthing like 3000 cows.Also been scrapping abought a piggery o the outskirts as well .Does nt pay to throw to many stones.:) :) :)

Roo girl said:

They haven't made the finals for 4 years! Scunger has been a great player over the years though. Also played in Fitzroy's last game.

QUESTION:

Given that the differences in 'points for' on the ladder for the season between Lake Boga and Tyntynder is 752 (equivalent to around 125 more goals kicked by Tyntynder), and LB and Tooley Manang is 504 (around 84 more goals kicked by T/M), is Rikki Pumpa the best full forward in the League this year?

AS AN EXAMPLE AND AN EXAMPLE ONLY, I REALISE THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN AND PEOPLE WILL ARGUE THAT IT DIDN'T HAPPEN SO WHY BRING IT UP, BUT AS AN EXAMPLE ONLY:

If Boga were to have kicked an extra 100 goals (1/2 way b/n TM and Tyn) and Rikki kicked a third of them, which he as pretty much kicked a third of Boga's total score this year, he would be right up there with Arentz and Carroll, yet we hardly ever heard his name mentioned in earlier arguments.

In summary, I think the best full forward argument should be out of 3 players, not just 2. Congratulations to all three on kicking back to back tons though, super effort!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy Tripper said:
QUESTION:
is Rikki Pumpa the best full forward in the League this year?

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Rikki Pumpa does not receive anywhere near the respect he deserves. He should definitely be mentioned in the same sentence as Arentz and Carroll.

Just a brilliant, old fashioned full-forward. Simple.

charlie_mcw said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Rikki Pumpa does not receive anywhere near the respect he deserves. He should definitely be mentioned in the same sentence as Arentz and Carroll.

Good point but didn't Carroll miss 1 and Arentz 2 thru injury, did Pumpa palay everyt game?

Tubba said:
I'll take you up on that russ74, you give me a good reason why two other clubs are better than the bulldogs? They are a certainty for top two.

Have you received your $200 yet Tubba? What was the talk from the Sea lake boys for next year Russ, most gonna play on and have a crack next year or no pact made as yet?

the gloved 1 said:
is it two people operating this user name or just that ppl from cohuna have 2 heads and 2 personalities? are you the sister of go cohuna becuase you sound a lot like him. at least nyah have silverware in their cabinet from the CMFL and are prepared to stay in the Swan Hill biased league and tough it out unlike some other clubs. getting in the finals don't mean s hit, it doesn't get sponsors, it obviously doesn't help you recruit a premiership side. you have been lucky that your 2's and 3rds have been so successfull otherwise people wouldn't even know the towns name. as for the drug trade in swan hill i wouldn't have thought you knew about that yet considering the bush telegraph bypases cohuna like everything else does...oh thats right you aren't in cohuna you are one of these others who have left to better your life

whos says i have left Cohuna to better my life, yea there arent as many oppurtunites in the town but that is not what we are discussing here! It has one hell of a football club that my family has been involved in for the better half of 50 years. You guys are good at throwing criticisms... why dont you just discuss footy, that is after all what this forum is all about. Very successful thirds, and dont you worry they have grown up, Like I said before they are coming back and if we decide to stay in your Swan Hill based league, we will dominate! How niave of you all to think we are the only ones leaving..... with us comes, Leitchville/ Gunnny, Koon/Bar and Kerang strong legue you will have with 4 teams departing!!

Roo girl said:
whos says i have left Cohuna to better my life, yea there arent as many oppurtunites in the town but that is not what we are discussing here! It has one hell of a football club that my family has been involved in for the better half of 50 years. You guys are good at throwing criticisms... why dont you just discuss footy, that is after all what this forum is all about. Very successful thirds, and dont you worry they have grown up, Like I said before they are coming back and if we decide to stay in your Swan Hill based league, we will dominate! How niave of you all to think we are the only ones leaving..... with us comes, Leitchville/ Gunnny, Koon/Bar and Kerang strong legue you will have with 4 teams departing!!
The word around the traps is no one wants the poor old kangas (different leagues) is this true?

charlie_mcw said:

Perhaps its because Rik gets under the guard of opposition teams that he is able to kick so many goals. Teams usually double team Carroll and Arentz, or drop players in front of them, and they still kick bags of goals. Not sure that Rik recieves the same sort of attention from opposition backlines. Don't get me wrong, he is a fantastic player, but in my opinion just a rung down from Carroll and Arentz.

Roo girl said:
Ease up on nyah just because they slammed the door on you guys! They smashed ya!

basil23 said:
look out for what? he is certainly a match winner with some fitness behind his belt! if he has found some fitness since he played last then maybe look out! other wise he will be blowing all day as he was before he was injured!
great plyer! don't get me wrong!
If he plays look out for Hugh Foott i say.... H will run him into the ground....

SwanHillPremiers2006 said:
If he plays look out for Hugh Foott i say.... H will run him into the ground....
IF.. if he plays i doubt they will be giving him 120 minutes at CHB..
id say if he plays the swans will want to look out for him, he might just sneak off the bench and kick 2 or 3 ??

Roo girl said:
Do your homework Dockers. Bit of research before you call any of those boys 'LOSERS'!

you sound like a dumb carroline wilson... just a chick that thinks she knows everything about footy and has obviously never played the game, you just think the world revolves around the slum that is cohuna... everyone from cohuna are loser's.. they are the butt of every joke in the league, the sooner they leave, the better. they are a mighty big skid mark on this league!

Roo girl said:

one hell of a football club you say, is that why half the club doesn't get along because of the good old days when there were 2 teams in the town you didn't dare get involved with a rival. didn't know that kerang were interested in leaving, can anyone clarify this i was niave thinking that it was just the other 3. kerang have had success in the league so what issues would they have? they will be half way between a swan hill and echuca based league so it would be a flip of the coin i would say but while they are playing good footy in this league and have a chance of winning this year they would be pretty happy i would think, but then again i am niave.

the gloved 1 said:
one hell of a football club you say, is that why half the club doesn't get along because of the good old days when there were 2 teams in the town you didn't dare get involved with a rival. didn't know that kerang were interested in leaving, can anyone clarify this i was niave thinking that it was just the other 3. kerang have had success in the league so what issues would they have? they will be half way between a swan hill and echuca based league so it would be a flip of the coin i would say but while they are playing good footy in this league and have a chance of winning this year they would be pretty happy i would think, but then again i am niave.

No truth in that mate,Kerang are in for the long haul, the wheel always turns, tough it out and when your time comes, make the most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back