2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

You get dropped on form, you play average in the 2s, you stay in the 2s. You get dropped on form, you smash it in the 2s, you come back to the 1s.

Its a system that's worked since the dawn of time to reward form.

A little different to the Ken Hinkley system which is you get dropped if you're over 6 foot and don't hold a registered "Gold Pass", form in 2s is irrelevant, you come back if someone in the 1s gets injured.

You get dropped on form, you play average in the 2s, you stay in the 2s. You get dropped on form, you smash it in the 2s, you come back to the 1s.

A little different to the Ken Hinkley system which is you get dropped if you're over 6 foot and don't hold a registered "Gold Pass", form in 2s is irrelevant, you come back if someone in the 1s gets injured.
Exactly right

Agreed, that is exactly how the system should work but as you suggest kern does it differently.
About 4 or 5 seasons ago Tom Jonas was in dreadful form (unfortunately there is no great surprise in that), he was dropped to the Maggies for 2 or 3 games late in the season, struggled at that level but was reinstated to the Power line up for the last couple of games where his lack of skill and pace were exposed yet again.

From memory in the same season Tom Rockliff was reinstated to the AFL line up after some very ordinary performances for the Maggies.

I like the general theory of this post, but Jase isn't exactly like for like with Mots no? And with four goals I want to see MG come straight back in.

Agree with you, Burgoyne has been impressing off half back for a while now and that's where he should debut. But it would be such a Hinkley thing to stick him at half forward, like he did to Josh Sinn where he looked utterly lost.

He's also done it to Jones, who whilst he copped some harsh criticism here from some at least collected 17 possessions at 76% tog and mostly found team mates with the ball. But you could see he was at sea in the role, every time he was facing the goals he looked to go backwards to a recognised forward.

lol why on earth did Jed Mcentee get game time or even drafted ffs.
Brynn Teakle is the first time we've used the MSD right. Sutcliffe and McEntee we would've just been better off passing.

Bit of an exaggeration, I thought Sutcliffe was clearly in our best 5-10 players easily

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well, I have to admit I watched precious little of the 2nd half, as I was demoralised that a team of 17 AFL listed players and some mature aged top ups had struggled to that point to marmalise a team of scrubbers that would struggle to beat some Reserves sides of the 80's and 90's.

His first half constituted half a dozen nothing disposals, that set up team mates as much as anything, so he clearly strode like a collosus across the oval with complete dromination in the last two terms.

Sorry Bert. You would've won a Brownlow if Kenny had displayed more faith in you.

Fave fixture of the year, one I never ever miss, f yeah.

But some old mates from way back had organised the annual catch-up at the pub. Such a dilemma, what was I gonna do? "F@%k u campaigners, I'm going to the footy."

So they all tagged along, too. They even picked me up. But when I went to get in the car, they were like:

"Where's the Ports Disco Jacket?"
"Ah, shit, it's inside."
"We're not going until you put it on."
"Seriously?”
"Definitely."
"Campaigners."

So yeah, I went back in, grabbed it and, as always, looked f@%king mint.

Ended up being a big reunion at Lizbeff coz we bumped into some more old mates at the game. Some were even teammates from the Padlock Flashers, our old social basketball team named in honour of Raymond Douglass, AKA The Padlock Flasher, who briefly terrorised Adelaide in the mid-90s, exposing himself to ladies with a big padlock on his knob.

Where my Footy Budget at farken? There weren't any for sale when we went in. So one of my mates when looking for one. Some CDFC official said they were sold out coz they only got 15 copies or some shit, lol.

The good: all our bigs showed something.
The bad: they'll all be playing SNAFL next week.

Hayes & Georgie should be straight back in. Let them find form in the AFL if you have to. Because there's absolutely nothing to get out of them playing at this level.

Teakle can play.

He could easily walk into the Power 22 rn farken. Doggies fans around us kept calling him "the gay guy from Perth." Oscar Wilde they were not, homosexual reference notwithstanding. Couldn't they call him Tinkerbell or something, I dunno?

At quarter-time, my mate, who coached out at Centrals before moving on to another club, went down to the Doggies huddle. Everyone down there was like:

"F@%k, they're big!"

Same mate has been raving about Isaiah Dudley for years. Reckons he's easily the most gifted and naturally skilled player he's ever coached. But he struggles with weight and fitness. Geelong were keen on him. Solid lil' unit.

Anyway, Jase Burgoyne sold him a beautiful dummy in the 3rd qtr. Then, as they were jogging away, Jase slapped Isaiah on the arse so hard, the fleshy echo boomed right across the Northern Suburbs.

Isaiah got some junk in his trunk.

Nothing worse than playing mini-league at Lizbeff. When I played mini-league for Centrals at home, Doggies fans spat on us as we come out of the race and questioned our parentage and sexuality. We were eleven. But it might be even worse with your fam in the crowd. Coz this one kid kicked a pretty good goal and the next thing you hear all his fam yelling out:

'GOOD GOAL FAT BOY!!!"

Marty Frederick, I caught you scoping out the Ports Silver Jacket at the 3/4 time huddle, mayn.

Bass walked right past us at one point and it took every inch of self-restraint in my half-cut ass not to yell out:

PLAY A RUCKMAN YA DOPEY CAMPAIGNER

Highlight of the day, besides Port's win, was the dude who bought 21 beers in a round. 21 BEERS. Cost him, like, $180 or some shit. The bar staff gave him a plastic crate to take them all back to his mates, lmao...

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

View attachment 1421846

21 beer emojis... Superb.

They are going to do a story about the ex-Crows, anti-vax nurse announcing her pregnancy. Stay tuned for that.

Unley oval was a fortress for visiting teams to conquer from the blue baggers golden era.
I can recall a game when Fos was coaching (I think it was 1970 ) and played in perfect conditions with little to no breeze when the Maggies jumped out of the blocks to lead by 5 or 6 goals at half time and yet lost by something like double that.

There is a sensational black and white photo from that game showing Neville Thiele on the left half forward flank of Unley oval with outstretched arms holding back a couple of sturt players, while Blinky Nyland is charging towards goal and Russell Ebert is a few metres from Thiele barking instructions.

From memory the pic may have been shown on this site before.
I went to a game at Unley in 1977 as an 11 year old, we were 40 something points up at half time and managed to lose by a point, as an 11 year old it was the worst day of my life !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here, after that dross served up at Her Majesty's Oval, watch some proper Port Adelaide football

Great memories! I remember being at this game and we got a run on in the second quarter including a very young Wayne Mahney and his incredible pick up and handball to Steven Knight.
Also remember Dwayne Russell v Peter Motley.
The 1984 team was basically kids and players past their best who all took big pay cuts, would have been one of our greatest flags ever if we had got up in the GF.

Great memories! I remember being at this game and we got a run on in the second quarter including a very young Wayne Mahney and his incredible pick up and handball to Steven Knight.
Also remember Dwayne Russell v Peter Motley.
The 1984 team was basically kids and players past their best who all took big pay cuts, would have been one of our greatest flags ever if we had got up in the GF.

I was there too, not knowing what to expect after they beat us at Unley by 19 goals the year before. But we had started 1984 in a blaze of glory.

We kicked 15 goals in the second half of this game. Won by 4 goals after trailing by 4 at half time.

It was a huge victory after some of the beatings we had copped there over the years.

I went to a game at Unley in 1977 as an 11 year old, we were 40 something points up at half time and managed to lose by a point, as an 11 year old it was the worst day of my life !
After attending losing gf's in 1966,67 and 68 to the blue baggers, and then in 71 and 72 to the chooks, the 1976 loss to sturt knocked the shizer out of me.
I reckon I was in bed by 7.30 that night probably curled up in the foetal position, and the Sunday mail and Monday tiser went straight into the bin unread. :'(

After attending losing gf's in 1966,67 and 68 to the blue baggers, and then in 71 and 72 to the chooks, the 1976 loss to sturt knocked the shizer out of me.
I reckon I was in bed by 7.30 that night probably curled up in the foetal position, and the Sunday mail and Monday tiser went straight into the bin unread. :'(

Yep ... I hear ya.

1977 was a relief more than anything.

Enjoyed 79/80/81 much more

Fave fixture of the year, one I never ever miss, f yeah.

But some old mates from way back had organised the annual catch-up at the pub. Such a dilemma, what was I gonna do? "F@%k u campaigners, I'm going to the footy."

So they all tagged along, too. They even picked me up. But when I went to get in the car, they were like:

"Where's the Ports Disco Jacket?"
"Ah, shit, it's inside."
"We're not going until you put it on."
"Seriously?”
"Definitely."
"Campaigners."

So yeah, I went back in, grabbed it and, as always, looked f@%king mint.

Ended up being a big reunion at Lizbeff coz we bumped into some more old mates at the game. Some were even teammates from the Padlock Flashers, our old social basketball team named in honour of Raymond Douglass, AKA The Padlock Flasher, who briefly terrorised Adelaide in the mid-90s, exposing himself to ladies with a big padlock on his knob.

Where my Footy Budget at farken? There weren't any for sale when we went in. So one of my mates when looking for one. Some CDFC official said they were sold out coz they only got 15 copies or some shit, lol.

The good: all our bigs showed something.
The bad: they'll all be playing SNAFL next week.

Hayes & Georgie should be straight back in. Let them find form in the AFL if you have to. Because there's absolutely nothing to get out of them playing at this level.

Teakle can play.

He could easily walk into the Power 22 rn farken. Doggies fans around us kept calling him "the gay guy from Perth." Oscar Wilde they were not, homosexual reference notwithstanding. Couldn't they call him Tinkerbell or something, I dunno?

At quarter-time, my mate, who coached out at Centrals before moving on to another club, went down to the Doggies huddle. Everyone down there was like:

"F@%k, they're big!"

Same mate has been raving about Isaiah Dudley for years. Reckons he's easily the most gifted and naturally skilled player he's ever coached. But he struggles with weight and fitness. Geelong were keen on him. Solid lil' unit.

Anyway, Jase Burgoyne sold him a beautiful dummy in the 3rd qtr. Then, as they were jogging away, Jase slapped Isaiah on the arse so hard, the fleshy echo boomed right across the Northern Suburbs.

Isaiah got some junk in his trunk.

Nothing worse than playing mini-league at Lizbeff. When I played mini-league for Centrals at home, Doggies fans spat on us as we come out of the race and questioned our parentage and sexuality. We were eleven. But it might be even worse with your fam in the crowd. Coz this one kid kicked a pretty good goal and the next thing you hear all his fam yelling out:

'GOOD GOAL FAT BOY!!!"

Marty Frederick, I caught you scoping out the Ports Silver Jacket at the 3/4 time huddle, mayn.

Bass walked right past us at one point and it took every inch of self-restraint in my half-cut ass not to yell out:

PLAY A RUCKMAN YA DOPEY CAMPAIGNER

Highlight of the day, besides Port's win, was the dude who bought 21 beers in a round. 21 BEERS. Cost him, like, $180 or some shit. The bar staff gave him a plastic crate to take them all back to his mates, lmao...

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

View attachment 1421846
You've just crept past DT and Macka as my must read posters.:beermug:

My first trip to Unley was 1974, Sturt beat us by 89 points. Ken Whelan kicked 10 goals and Michael Graham kicked 8.

lol why on earth did Jed Mcentee get game time or even drafted ffs.
Tbf to Jed he will have a decent SANFL career, when played in the right position - he isn’t a small forward.
He’s a mid, but to lightly framed to be any good at afl level.
Port finally got the MSD right with Teakle this year, but we’ll have him ruined by next year if the greyhound trainer is still here

They weren’t risks at all. Examples of players who added to premierships yes

Risks no.

Boyd was a recent pick 1 kf that a team desperate for kpps and rucks traded pick 6 (and dogs always had high picks coming out their ass) and a totally cooked player.

There was no risk there for a club that bombed on high draft picks all the time and had plenty always coming through the door.

Brown also wasn’t a risk. Did melb give up anything much for him? I don’t recall.
A 7 year, $7million deal to a player that played 9 unconvincing games fro 8 goals in his debut year isn't a risk? And he played in a forward line with Jeremy Cameron, so he didn't even have to worry about playing against the best defender.

A 7 year, $7million deal to a player that played 9 unconvincing games fro 8 goals in his debut year isn't a risk? And he played in a forward line with Jeremy Cameron, so he didn't even have to worry about playing against the best defender.
Ah yeah forgot about his contract.

Still, from a recruitment perspective it wasn’t. Going hard after a highly rated kpp made perfect sense for a club that had failed to develop any from multiple high picks for years.

RossFC

You seem to be across most rule changes. They said on the coverage yesterday that Port had the Max allowed of AFL players playing. 16+ Sutcliffe. Thought that rule was for finals only. Were the commentators wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back